Who went to the Stuart Adamson tribute,...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rono

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Just like to know,....

It was 0n may 31 in Glasgow. Over 4 hours long full of emotions.

It is hard to believe that Big Country is not there anymore. I did realise that Stuart killed himself but now i could say goodbye to the man. Very strange. I met a lot of fans from around the world and even some fans i met in 1984 just magic.

Some artist that played at the memorial :

Midge Ure ( Ultravox ), Hugh Cornwell ( the Stranglers), Steve Harley, Runrig, Mike Peters ( the Alarm ).

the best part was the reunion of the Skids. Stuart Adamson his son, Callum, did play guitar and his daughter did some singing.
The Skids was the first band of Stuart and did perform for the first time in 22 years. Another magic moment was at the end of the concert.After the song chance the emotions got out. More the 1500 people singing the last two lines, WOW.

O lord, where did the feeling go
O lord, i never felt so low

Read you, Rono.

It is getting trough to me, he is gone.
All those memories, it is done.
The songs, the concerts, the fans, what can i say.
All those memories, packed in one day.
It is getting trough to me, he is gone.

R.I.P. Stuart and thank you for the good times.

WOW, that is amazing. I wish I could have been there. I'm a huge Big Country fan and have all their albums in addition to many B-sides and Live shows. I have never been able to catch them live though. It is sad what happened to Stuart, but his spirit and music will live FOREVER! Big Country is one of the greatest bands of all time thanks in huge part to Stuart! "In a big country dreams stay with you like a lovers voice fires the mountain side, stay alive!"

Back
Top Bottom