Who wears glasses?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Hey, I just got my new pair today. I've been wearing them for about 5 years, but I lost my first pair somewhere, second pair in Paris(These were NICE, transition lenses, all this anti-scratch stuff), and the third pair in DC a little over a year ago. But I finally got around to gettin' me some more. I needed em though. I, IMO, drive fine without 'em, but apparently I'm a hair's breadth from having a driving restriction because of my sight. So I'm gonna wear 'em from now on. Unless I lose them, which hopefully I won't, since they make me look smart as anything. So who wears the specs?

Me.
Have since fourth grade (one hell of a long time ago).

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

I have them and I wear my glasses pretty much everywhere. They can be a pain, but I really do need them!

I'm "blind."
biggrin.gif
O.K., I'm not, but I definitely need glasses. I've worn them since I was 9. However, at 16 I bought myself contacts and have worn them ever since. In other words, I wore glasses every day for 7 years and contacts every day for, uh... hold on... I have to get a machine to add all these numbers ... 5 ... 10 ... 15 ... 20 ... almost there...ah here it is: 21 years now. Why, I've worn contacts longer than you've been alive UnforgettableLemon.
biggrin.gif

Glasses are too heavy on my ears and nose - and yes, I have light lenses. I told you I was "blind."
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 08-22-2001).]

Whoa, that's scary, doctorwho. I also got glasses when I was 9, then I got contacts when I was 16. Of course, that was only 3 years ago.

I too am horribly blind. Man, its weird walking around without any glasses/contacts. It's like some kind of psychedelic dream.

"The colors, children!"

------------------
Change is the only constant

Glasses since ! was 9, contacts since I was 15. I'm sooo blind without them! I can't even see the alarm clock right next to my face in the morning without putting my glasses on. I'm looking into laser surgery, though. Would be so great to never have to deal with glasses again!

Just for reading and at the computer, although I'll occasionally wear them around the house (they're light and comfy). i've only had them around a year, but I probably should've had them a couple years earlier.

Ive had them since I was in year 2...and I was 7 so thats...gawd, 17 years!

I cant see anything at all in the distance, lol. If Im driving people are always saying "watch out for that car!" And Im like "what car?" CRUNCH "Oh THAT car..."

Im actually losing my sight up close too...Maybe one day I will have half as much talent as Lloyd Rees!

Foray, if you read this, check out Lloyd Rees if you like Monet.

Starting wearing them at age 16. I usually wear contacts, especially in the summer. I am contemplating getting the laser eye surgery. However, I am told that I look highly intelligent with my glasses and I need all the help I can get.

have them. don't wear them. (they are only for reading anyway.)

------------------
Brought to you by the OTHER "creamy coated pop icon goddess."

Love,
Emily

Glad you saw this fors, just ti fill ya in, he was virtually blind toward the end of his life. The irony here being his brillinat use of colour. Especially as time went on and his work became more subtle and muted.

Brilliant man imo.

smile.gif

I got my first pair of glasses when I was six, I believe. At first I only wore them when I was at school and actually in class. Then I wore them all day at school. Then I started wearing them at home. I have worse eyesight than virtually anyone I know. My prescription is around -8.00, if that tells anyone anything. There is no way I can get around without glasses or contacts. Though I do try sometimes if I go to the pool, because both glasses and contacts are a nuisance around water--but I feel extremely self conscious because I'm worried about walking into/off something, and I can't tell if people are looking at me unless they're practically in my face.

I got contacts at the end of grade ten. From grade eleven until last year or so, I pretty much only wore contacts in public. Lately I have started wearing my glasses a lot more again because a) I have a pretty nice pair right now and b) I think the contacts were a bit hard on my eyes. I hate to reinforce a cliche, but I think that getting contacts in high school did a lot for my self esteem. I know that in grade eleven and twelve I felt much better about myself and didn't feel like such a geek--but hey, almost everyone has self esteem problems in junior high. I do think I look better without glasses, though maybe not horrible with them. Though I'd say the line "Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses" is true in my case. Though they seldom make passes at me without my glasses, either. I dunno, there's something about being six feet tall, having a deep voice and obviously having a brain that makes a lot of men run in the opposite direction, at least romantically. Glasses don't help either.

------------------
Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

I?ve had glasses since I was about 10. The funny thing is though as a kid I always wanted glasses - thought they are cool. Now I don?t. Be careful what you wish for.

I think it?s cool the way Adam deals with his "blindness" (his specs look really strong).

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

I've worn contacts for the last five years and can you believe it the day of the U2 concert my eyes decided they were allergic to them!!! So I'm a speccy at the moment until my eyes are better and my new daily hypoallergenic gonna cost a fortune ones have come in.

I do!

Been wearing them since 6th grade. Never ever ever forget to put them on in the morning, it only lead to running into open lockers, I should know.:eeklaugh:

i do....about a year and a half now...for seeing far away (driving/class/movies/etc) but i don't wear them as much as i should...they're a pain....

This is so funny!! I lost my pair of glasses that I've had for 3 years just a couple of days ago! ARGH:no:

Now I'm wearing my backup pair and I still haven't gotten used to them!! I miss my glasses! I guess I'm going to have to replace them soon! :scream:

Back
Top Bottom