Who was your first?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trevster2k

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
What was the first concert you ever saw?

1985, Triumph with Helix as the opening act in St. John's Newfoundland Canada

Of course, U2 are the best live act in the world.

Seems like most people were broken in by some great acts.

:wink:

January 31, 2003

Coldplay (with Eisley supporting, a nice little bonus)

incubus/hoobastank in 2001, i think.

horrific, i know. :|
some friends and i bought tickets on a whim (we didn't even have the albums they were touring) about 2 days before the show. the whole balcony was almost entirely empty and most everyone left while they were still playing, including us. :lol:

Mads, there's nothing wrong with Incubus. I caught em in Dallas on the Crow tour and it was awesome. Despite their latest album, they're a pretty damn good band.

Hoobastank is a completely different story...

Neil Diamond!!! I was about 8 and my mom had an extra ticket and no babysitter, so along I went. My mom was a huge fan, so I was stanging there on my chair BELTING out so many of the songs, since I knew them by heart.

Jenn121 said:
Neil Diamond!!! I was about 8 and my mom had an extra ticket and no babysitter, so along I went. My mom was a huge fan, so I was stanging there on my chair BELTING out so many of the songs, since I knew them by heart.

LOL...I've caught Neil 3 times...all in the 80s. My Mother was also a huge fan!! She used to drag the whole family along.

But hey, for those who are laughing, Neil Diamond puts on an awesome show!

1984 - The Pretenders - Nashville, TN
1987 - U2 Joshua Tree - Murfreesboro, TN
1992 - U2 Zoo TV Inside...Outside; Charlotte & Atlanta
1995 - Pink Floyd Division Bell Nashville
1997 - U2 Popmart Clemson
2001 - U2 Elevation Atlanta & Louisville
2005 - U2 Vertigo Atlanta ? Chicago ?

I listed the specific shows to see who else from Interference was at one or more of these shows. As you can see, I'm not much of a concert goer, unless U2 comes around (and a few Hall of Fame acts :wink: )

Back
Top Bottom