Who was your first?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had I gotten my way AC/DC - Highway to Hell - Sept. 1979 but nooooo so it ended being Cheap Trick Dec. 1979. Thought I was going to get crushed as it was just a mere two days after the Who tragedy at 3 Rivers.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I think it was Van Halen-when I was about 16 I thought they were cool

:lol: My SECOND concert was Van Halen, 1984 tour. I remember liking them better than The Police show I had seen several months prior! :lol: :reject: I also saw Quiet Riot about the same time BANG THY HEAD! I still enjoy some VH, but the other hard rock stuff has passed me by for the most part!!

Bono's American Wife said:

Soon after I moved in with Mr. BAW, he took me to see Chicago for my birthday. Chicago with opening act Bela Fleck and the Flecktones.

I don't know about Chicago, but the Flecktones kick ass. Put on a really fun show, too.

My first official big-time rock concert was U2 on April 9th, 2001. I was a late bloomer concert-goer.

It's fun to see people's first shows...
Mine was Blood, Sweat & Tears sometime in the early/mid-eighties.
There was only one original member left. I remember thinking at the time that the man was about the same age as my father but he looked about a million years older. I saw a few other parent-chosen shows after that like Harry Connick, Jr. and random one hit wonder bands from the 60's.
The first concert I saw of my own choosing was Sting in maybe 1990? My father came with me and thought the show was too loud so he stuck cigarette butts in his ears as earplugs. :eek:
My hipness crashed through the floor that night never to return again. Thanks Dad!

june 2003-switchfoot (i've seen these guys four times now, they are sweet live) with opener black black ocean (cool guys, but weird music, not really suited for a switchfoot show, but for a couple songs one of the guys played with a REALLY old synth that looked like an answering machine taped to his chest that he let us play with some during the show lol)

Stray Cats, somewhere at a festival in Germany, it must have been somewhere in 1981-1982. I was 3 or 4 years old. Unfortunately, I can't remember anything!

My first two concerts were both for my brother's band, Honey, during the 1990s. One was at a CD release party, the other they were opening for some band called Prayer Chain that I didn't stick around to see. I went to a batting cage instead.

I've since seen two U2 concerts (Chicago 10/16/01 and Brooklyn 11/22/04, iirc). I'm seeing FIVE more this year (overboard? prolly) as well as, hopefully, Weezer, Oasis, and the Killers in May/June.

Soldier Field... August 1978
( The Rolling Stones... opening act: Journey )

Comiskey Park... A Day In The Park... August 1979
( Journey, Santana, Thin Lizzy, and Eddie Money )

I've also seen Pink Floyd, Rush, Cheap Trick, The Police,
Aerosmith, The Cure, REO Speedwagon, The Smashing Pumpkins,
REM, Genesis, Supertramp, Depeche Mode, Heart, Ted Nugent and
Billy Idol...... plus several U2 concerts...) :drool: :drool:

U2, 2001.

I wasn't really "into" music up until high school, and even then, going to see a concert...I wasn't really a big fan of anyone in particular, to actually see them live, until I discovered U2.

I live in hickville - we don't have rock concerts around these parts! I saw several country acts when I was younger; Brooks and Dunn was the first, in 1992. Any rock concerts I got to see were mainly club acts, local groups. First big name rock group I'll get to see live will be Green Day this may. Oh, and I saw Weird Al in concert... we get pretty desperate for entertainment around here

Back
Top Bottom