Who wants to win a baby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Despite the game show appearence, selective adoption can be very difficult for the adoptive parents, especially when they lose the child they are desparately seeking.

nbcrusader said:
Despite the game show appearence, selective adoption can be very difficult for the adoptive parents, especially when they lose the child they are desparately seeking.

:yes:

I think people are over-reacting to the promo, which probably wasn't presented in the best way. From what I've seen on the news over here and read online, it's not like they just picked out 10 good-looking 20-somethings who wanted to be on TV -- it was people who'd been registered with this adoption agency and is just to show what people go through in trying to adopt a child and how the process works.

Looks like networks are running out of ideas for reality shows

Last edited:
as far as i can tell this is a lot of hoopla over not much. it seems a real and authentic adoption process simply dramatized by tv.

you could look at it as cheapening the act.
you could look at it as shedding light on a socially beneficial process.
either way, abc seems to have caused nothing but problems for themselves with their over the top promo. its not a game show. its simply a televised adoption practice. of course that alters behavior to an unquantifiable extent, but as i said its a tradeoff.

Back
Top Bottom