Who thinks weddings are corny?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Windmilllane

War Child
:wave:

I used to like weddings when I was younger, but the last few I have been to, I have come to realize that weddings are so corny. They are all the same. The dresses and suits are pretty much the same, the ceremony is the same, the reception is the same, how it flows with the eating, music, then eating, then more corny music, then stupid-ass dancing. Maybe it's because it sucks that I am 32 years old and am still single that I sound so bitter.

But man, are weddings so corny.

Why do people go through all the trouble and money for something so lame and corny? :shrug:

Thankfully, I am 100 percent sure that I have attended my last-ever wedding. The last person in my family who is "marriageable" got married in August.

No more weddings for me.

:dance:

I find most of them really lame.

The worst part is the bridal shower and the stupid games. Dear Lord, you can just feel your brain cells suiciding.

I had a wedding once upon a time. When I got divorced I said no more wedding for me. Been there done that. They are so over rated and expensive. The odds and stats are so stacked against any couple choosing to exchange vows anymore. But there are couples who have beautiful and romantic weddings and who stay together and work things out.

Has anyone seen Tony and Tina's Wedding? It's a hysterical audience participation play. Funny as hell.

redkat said:
Windmill

I predict you will go to at least one more wedding... and you won't think it's corny :shifty:

yeah, I will be the one goofball, wild and crazy dancer who will stick out like a sore thumb on the dance floor as I make a fool out of myself with my wacked out dance moves.

And I will take a take-no-prisoners approach when it comes to catching the garter.

"That garter is mine. All mine..... MWHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!"

:hyper:

I hate the games at bridal showers.

The best part of weddings are the open bar receptions. :drunk: After my friend BB's wedding I walked home, in my bridesmaid dress, falling at least once. :shifty:

I thought Bridal Showers were like Bacholerette parties? You get to open some presents, have coffee and cake, then watch Chippendale dudes strip. And if it's really interesting, play with some sex toys..... on each other....

showers fun? ummm... yea ........no

it's not like that at all! No one likes them, they are usually uptight and boring.

wedding I agree I don't like sitting/standing through them either :down:

receptions :love: a big party :up:

I've been to so many weddings lately, I basically have mine planned, and I'm not even engaged! I'm not having a full blown reception. I hate receptions and I hate wearing dresses, so why would I want to subject myself to like 5 hours of that on my "special" day? I also am refusing a diamond engagement ring. I think diamonds are ugly, boring, and WAY over-valued. I mean, I have computers, calculaters, and basic woodshop tools that contain diamond and didn't cost a small fortune. Not to mention, they're probably mined by some starving person in South Africa trying to feed his entire extended family while dying of AIDS. I also hate the unity candle, not sure why, just do. My father will not be "giving" me away to anyone. There will be no writing of own vows.....WAY too much room for error!

Maybe I'm just bitter b/c I can't afford a traditional wedding and I would never expect my parents to pay for something like that (and it's not like they could if they even wanted to).

Last edited:
If I ever get married, I want to somehow work it that we could have months off and forego all that nonsense and instead travel around the world for as long as possible-a year would be perfect :drool:

I hate weddings. I think big ones are a waste of money. :down:

If and when my boyfriend and I get married, we are going to the court house to seal the deal, and then will take all of our loved ones out to a great fun dinner or rent a condo with our families or something for the weekend.

I'm not one for following tradition.

Congrats Mr.Brau! :)

As for weddings, I LOVE them. They are waaaaaaay too expensive of course, but they don't NEED to be. I love watching people at weddings, especially when dancing. And what other great excuse is there to have all your friends together at a gathering where you get to have a romantic and meaningful moment with your beloved and then you get to stuff yourself with good food?

I can't wait to get married again! (only 2.5 more weeks!)

BTW, there will be no dancing at our wedding, it's a brunch!

I see weddings as a celebration of the couple...a chance to bring all of your friends and relatives together. It may be the ONLY time in your life that group is assembled together. Therefore...I feel it should be like a party!

I mean, the pomp and circumstance is nice....but the "celebration" is what I see as special. And a ton of money spent is not necesarily needed.

Now saying that...I hope that my wedding celebration will inclue an open bar and post-reception fireworks (get your friggin minds out of the gutters...I mean ACTUAL fireworks...and good display...who says guys can't dream of wedding days?)

NOW....I have to work on maybe DATING in order to maybe get married someday. Baby steps...right?

I'd rather not spend all the money on a big, fancy wedding...but my boyfriend insists that if we ever get married, we have to have a wedding bigger and better than his sister had...and I guess hers was pretty spectacular! :uhoh: :crack: Not that I wouldn't enjoy such an event...but...all I think about is money!!!! :lol:

He did say I could be in charge of all of the music though...except that we would be required to play The Chicken Dance sometime during the reception. :crack: :lol:

Mm, my wedding was one of the happiest days of my life.

It was a picnic in a beautiful park. And, it was pot-luck. So, most things were F.O.C. :D , even mother nature deigned to grant us a blue sky and singing birds in the midst of an unusually stormy week.

foray

Bonochick said:

He did say I could be in charge of all of the music though...except that we would be required to play The Chicken Dance sometime during the reception. :crack: :lol:

Yes, it seems that The Chicken Dance is a must at every wedding reception now. That song along with The Electric Slide seems to pop up at every wedding I have been to. :rolleyes:

I'm not a fan of the big huge weddings. I like the small and simple kind.

I do like to watch Bridezilla though. Some of those women get so crazy with their weddings. Wedding showers are one of the most dreaded things to go to. I hate when I walk in and see that there will be games played. Baby shower games aren't that fun either. :sigh:

I`ve been thinking a lot about this lately.

Partly because I was a maid of honour at my best friend`s wedding last weekend but also because my boyfriend has been asking me about the type of wedding I would like...

Big, expensive weddings are out of the question for me, I don`t think they`re corny but it`s just not my thing - I`m actually thinking I`ll elope...Me, the groom and an Elvis impersonator to marry us!

We got married by a justice of the peace in a little town by the bay. It was so romantic. The guy who married us was this little Irishman who just came from happy hour. His breath was killing us and my wife was fighting to keep from bursting out in nervous laughter. All in all.... much better than a big wedding.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom