WHO THE Hell IS THE MAN CALLED " IVAN CLAYTON JNR "

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this is a sad attempt at getting attention to feel good/bad about yourself.

what do you care what any of us think about you? it's what you think about you that counts.

get out of the house and go for a walk or something.

you appeared and write a post or two in forums then disappear again, how can we think nething about you if we dont know you

well said popkidu2
smile.gif
this is a sad attempt at getting attention to feel good/bad about yourself.
what do you care what any of us think about you? it's what you think about you that counts.

get out of the house and go for a walk or something.

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

Ivan is a 'cool-cat' who I met 1st hand in Boston.
A little misunderstood here but a nice eagar young man w/a wild flare about him- thats all.

Diamond

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

I tend not to make a complete judgement of someone until I meet them in person.

------------------
New And Improved!

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
Ivan is a 'cool-cat' who I met 1st hand in Boston.
A little misunderstood here but a nice eagar young man w/a wild flare about him- thats all.

Diamond

I'm not disputing that db. nor am I saying that Ivan isn't a nice individual. Yeah, my origional post may seem harsh, but it is not healthy when you are concerned about what other individuals (individuals that you only interact for the most part on an internet bulliten board) think about you. Frankly, none of us really *know* anyone else on this board. People have the ability to create entirely different personas online because of the anonimity that it offers.

The fact is, I read the thread as a poorly vieled attempt to get either an ego boost, or, in the case of negative replies, justification for a negative self image. My point is, as I said in the first reply, it doesn't matter what any of us think about anyone else unless you know what you think about yourself. Yes, positive reinforcement from others is a good thing. Yes, humans are social creatures who need to interact and be loved by others. But this place is not the forum for self esteem boosting. It's not healthy and you are running the risk of some serious depression when you rely on the internet for your social interaction and self image boosting.

I'm sorry if this seems overly analytical or harsh, but I just simply get tired of seeing threads like this. I know that for some individuals social interaction offline is hard. And sometimes having some kind of attention or feeling like you are part of a community here can hold at bay some pretty hard feelings inside. But sooner or later one has to venture outside and live in the real world.

I get so frustrated every time I see one of these "I'm gonna commit suicide" threads. Do I feel for the person? Yes. Do I try and offer words of solace. Often yes. But it still bugs the hell out of me because 1) I can't do anything because they are somewhere else and I am here 2) I have no idea if they are serious or just playing for attention and 3) it indicates to me that the individual needs to get away from this place if we are the ones that they turn to.

I know I've totally gone off on a tangent and I apologize if I seem overly harsh in this post. It wasn't my intent, but the thread brough up some things that had been running through my head for a while.

Whatever. It's an interesting philasophical discussion if anyone wants to continue it...

Originally posted by popkidu2:

...I have no idea if they are serious or just playing for attention...

You make some good points, but personally my gut feeling is that Ivan is just messin' around.
wink.gif
I've never thought the guy was loopy; he just likes to be provocative (as in "thought provoking").

Merry Christmas to you too DB. I'm sorry I didn't wander over and say hello at Providence. Hell, I wasn't more than five feet from ya at points.

I'm curious if Ivan has read what I wrote. I'd be interested to hear his response. Maybe I walked right into a trap, so to speak. Maybe it wasn't that he wanted to know what people would say about him but what response people would put to such a thread.

Woof. My head hurts. Back to presents.....

Merry Christmas y'all
smile.gif

Originally posted by mikal:
I tend not to make a complete judgement of someone until I meet them in person.

Yeah...

And sometimes those people turn out to be worse than you expect!
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Yeah...

And sometimes those people turn out to be worse than you expect!
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

I have nothing to say but-get off the computer, girl!!!
tongue.gif
Go and give your honey lots of Christmas smooches!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Happy Christmas, you silly Bonochick!
smile.gif

------------------
And in our world of plenty
We can spread a smile of joy
Throw your arms around the world
At Christmas time

Ok! You asked for it...
wink.gif

I can't evaluate your character, i don't know you personally.

I think some (if not most) of your threads are confusing. And that proves absolutely nothing.
smile.gif

You sholdn't depend on what internet community thinks of you. What matters is what your friends/family think of you, and perhaps most importantly, what counts is that you're happy and comfortable with yourself and the way your life is going.

If you can achieve that, who cares what others think?

On the other hand, i think it's in human nature to be curious as how to others see us-how they think of us.

But i don't think a person should be looking for affirmation to outside world, it comes from within. If you're a good person, people will notice sooner or later.

------------------
"We feel like this is unfinished business - there's things for us left to do and that's why we still do it." - Larry

"For us, each night on stage has to be like the last night on earth. That's the way our band operates-we can't play the songs unless we're fully into them." - Bono

"The music itself will tell you where to go." - Edge (about recording)

"It's an elevation thing." - Adam (when asked why there's pictures from airport on ATYCLB cover)

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 12-26-2001).]

Originally posted by popkidu2:

I get so frustrated every time I see one of these "I'm gonna commit suicide" threads. because 3) it indicates to me that the individual needs to get away from this place if we are the ones that they turn to.

This is an excellent point.

I'm glad to see you writing in lower caps, but you've used up your exclamation mark quota already.

Back
Top Bottom