who the fuck is Tony???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
on the live version of "follow me around" (famous toronto 10-17-00 show), Thom says, "did you lie to us tony? we thought you were different, you know now we're not so sure... "

who is tony, it's not Danza or Tiger, nor Braxton, Kukoc, etc (honestly i could go on here, but i think you follow the pattern)

is he talking about stalkers and clowns? or is it death/trance state, despair, misery, self-pity, inneptitude, impotence (figuratively), illiteracy, melancholy, what?

---------
I feel absolutely nothing
the words you know are out of ink
follow me around...

I dont know the answer to your question but I would just like to say this show kicks some serious ass.

yes, I love how Thom makes references to the advertisement billboards throughout the show

"this next song is called 'idioteque' and it's brought to you courtesy of microsoft"

motion picture soundtrack sponsored by the Disney Corporation... i forget which song now, but he sarcastically says "this one is brought to you courtesy of compassionate conservatism" (i think exit or dollars and cents)

In order to write this next song we drew up a deal with Nike.

Thank you very much.

hehe

Originally posted by Kieran McConville:Just the blare facts, my friend.

Holy greenwood jonny was that a joke!!?

Wow. * wipes proud tear from eye

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
oh right, sorry i am such a dumbass

now how many of you actually heard that song before?

frown.gif

yes, it seems everyone on the planet knew that but me, God, what a dumb fuck i am! (i guess i need to ask a question like that to people who would actually know if Thom maybe was talking about somebody personal, but i'm glad everyone was able to see that it was without question Tony Blair)

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
im sure thats not what they meant
please dont think that even if it did seem that way

Yeah, that's right. And I was really just taking the piss out of Brettig. And I've never heard the song. So cheer up, better days will come.

[This message has been edited by Kieran McConville (edited 01-16-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom