Who should play the next James Bond?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
Im still undecided. It seems that I wont get my wish for Pierce Brosnan to do many more after the next and last from him.

The prerequisites are a Brit accent, suave, oozing sex appeal, must be able to wear a tux while jumping from a plane, and to be tall.

If Rob Lowe can do a fair British accent, he could be ok. But all other suggestions make me want to rip my eyeballs out and stick them under red hot coals. Ie, Russell Crowe. Puleeeeeeeeeease! I think I would refuse to watch it if he was the next Bond.

Anyone got ideas?

Robbie Williams.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by ACROB@T:
Jude Law

Yes!!! If it was him, I would suddenly LOVE James Bond movies! I really like Pierce Brosnan though
eek.gif

How about Ewan McGregor-OK, from Scotland, I know...guess he's not very 'Bondish', but I REALLY like him.

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Ewan McGregor was the first name that popped into my mind.
smile.gif

Jude Law might also be a good pick.

-sula

OK-no Brit accent-but he could probably fake it
wink.gif

But my personal FAVE-Vince Vaughn
eek.gif
-tall, dark-haired, also oozes sex appeal, looks GREAT in a tux-oh, and he's a fine actor too.

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Good question - though I'd like to see the creators of the next installment have a better and more plausible script before they go and make another trash fest like the one with Denise Richards and her Jornada Pocket PC.

speakin of beans- dont forget sean bean
wink.gif

mcgregor has a shot as does jude law...they might still be a bit young tho...i still think timmy dalton coulda done a bit more bond, wouldnt be surprised if hes a similar age to pierce.

From E!online.com:

SHAKEN, NOT STIRRED: Halle Berry in talks to star opposite Pierce Brosnan as the femme fatale in the next James Bond film. The 20th installment in the series begins shooting in January with director Lee Tamahori (Kiss the Girls) at the helm.

I don't know who should play the next Bond, but I wish they'd change Bonds' character a bit. Drop the suits (keep the tux though), make him grittier, and drop the corny suaveness becuase it's so dated. If they don't change it then I think the Bond films will lose their popularity big time.

------------------
Rain from Heaven.

I don't need the smell of incense in the morning haze. Let's do the War on Drugs.

I think they should bring Connery back for one last time...

Then beyodn taht, go with Brosnan for a while, while the up-and-coming actors have time to... well ripen i suppose.

(does 'up-and-coming' seem like a rude phrase to anyone else??)

Originally posted by Salome:
Originally posted by DrTeeth:
Ali G
definately

Errr definately not. "Ere, I'll 'ave mine shakin', not stirred eh?"

There's still all these rumours floating around that Brosnan wont be asked to do the next lot once his contract expires. I think I could be seriously depressed if this happens.

Pierce Brosnan was an obvious choice for the Bond films, and I think he would be wise to stick with the series for a very long time. Plus, it's not like he's typecast for other films, which, most certainly, other Bond actors have been able to get away with. I think, honestly, it's almost the ideal employment in the acting world!

I don't think Ewan McGregor would be a good Bond. He lacks that uptight British demeanor with the impeccable dry British humor that I think is a must for any Bond actor. Jude Law, on the other hand, possesses both qualities. His only liability, currently, would have to be his youth, but Brosnan could very well stick to this role long enough that Law could age enough for the part.

But it is really up in the air.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

At the risk of repeating myself, for me there can be only one choice: Welsh wonder Ioan Gruffudd. He may be a bit too young for it now, but it won't be long before he's ready. He's a fantastic actor, he looks great, and he does a fantastic English accent as well.

See Guy Pearce thread for more info.
smile.gif

horn26.jpg

*clears throat*

ahem....me me me me me

me me.........me me

me

me me me me me me me

me me mememememe

mememememememe!!!!!!!

mad.gif

ME!

Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me

me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn!

the tings ya gotta do to persuade pple to vote for ye!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

It won't be Jude Law, Ewan McGregor or anyone that's a big name already. Every Bond has been kind of a no-name (except for Brosnan, but he was such an obvious choice that it was allowable).

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Back
Top Bottom