Who saw "Vanilla Sky"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
very good film, be prepared to pay attention though.

------------------
i was born for your magazine
i am trapped in the society page of your magazine

double double post.

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 01-10-2002).]

I heard they play "Wild Honey" in it.... is that true?
smile.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
The Palm-Fanning-Lotion-Rubbing Ambassador to Guam

"No matter how much we wrap it up in tinsel and television, I'm still the geezer with the white flag." ~ Bono

"It's a cliche to say were back on form, but in this case, it's true" ~ Bono

If I could through myself set your spirit free...

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
smile.gif

they do play wild honey wild honey.
as well as everything in it's right place(radiohead), an rem song i can't remember which and ladies and gentlemen we are floating in outer space(spiritualized).
very good selection of music throughout the film though i've heard U2 isn't on the soundtrack

------------------

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
smile.gif

they do play wild honey wild honey.
as well as everything in it's right place(radiohead), an rem song i can't remember which and ladies and gentlemen we are floating in outer space(spiritualized).
very good selection of music throughout the film though i've heard U2 isn't on the soundtrack

------------------

Thanks kobyashi! I'll have to check out that soundtrack (even if U2 isn't on it, but it does have Radiohead), and I'll get around to seeing the movie soon, even though I'm not that crazy for Penelope Cruz.

[This message has been edited by wildhoney22 (edited 01-10-2002).]

Vanilla Sky is a boring film. Not only that, it is presented in a choppy manner which doesn't work as well here as it did in, say, Memento. The script is repetitive and nowhere near gripping... As for the plot, it suddenly took on a new direction which throws the audience off balance but not in a good way; rather, one goes, "Oh, please."

foray

The soundtrack is fantastic. Besides the named bands, there is REM on it (Sweetness follows) and the unknown but ass-kicking band Sigur Ros!
eek.gif
Nice surprise!

------------------
I let the melody shine
Let it cleanse my mind
I feel free now

Originally posted by foray:
Vanilla Sky is a boring film. Not only that, it is presented in a choppy manner which doesn't work as well here as it did in, say, Memento. The script is repetitive and nowhere near gripping... As for the plot, it suddenly took on a new direction which throws the audience off balance but not in a good way; rather, one goes, "Oh, please."

foray

i just saw this film tonight and i really agree with foray. I was interested in the events for most of the movie until the "resolution" at the end. then i felt things really fell flat.

no pun intended.

and, to echo other comments, the soundtrack was incredible.

Yes, an incredible soundtrack, I like it a whole whole lot! And I also liked the movie, but I did have a problem with it because it seemed to me to be also a vehicle of Tom Cruise pushing his deranged views on people, I won't go into it, because it involves the ending and that's teh big twist, but He really believes in that stuff that appeared in the end.. And it kinda takes away a little bit.

But I also found it really really interesting or maybe just neat, that penelope cruz was in both the spanish and the english remake of the movie..

L. Unplugged

Originally posted by Lemonite:
Yes, an incredible soundtrack, I like it a whole whole lot! And I also liked the movie, but I did have a problem with it because it seemed to me to be also a vehicle of Tom Cruise pushing his deranged views on people, I won't go into it, because it involves the ending and that's teh big twist, but He really believes in that stuff that appeared in the end.. And it kinda takes away a little bit.

But I also found it really really interesting or maybe just neat, that penelope cruz was in both the spanish and the english remake of the movie..

L. Unplugged

I didn't know that about his beliefs. he's a weirdo.

and this is a remake?
and penelope cruz is in two versions of this movie?
is that a wise career move?

Originally posted by foray:

foray

Exactly. I was hoping for a really great surprise ending (ie one that shed light on the rest of the film instead of completely negating it) but was left thinking "huh...well, I guess that explains everything..."

But this sound track is quite good.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom