Who saw "Lord of the Rings?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by BabyGrace:
and the dude who played Strider..Viggo Mortenson I believe...damn. I'll take him with or without hair thankyou
eek.gif

hes gorgeous!!

1-1481.jpg

biggrin.gif

I'm afraid I don't have time now but someone really needs to hunt up a pic of Legolas for this thread.
eek.gif

------------------
You say you want
Diamonds on a ring of gold
Your story to remain untold
Your love not to grow cold

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
I'm afraid I don't have time now but someone really needs to hunt up a pic of Legolas for this thread.
eek.gif

Your wish is my command.
biggrin.gif

07.jpg

1-7479r.jpg

will these do?

-sula

[This message has been edited by sulawesigirl4 (edited 12-27-2001).]

Well, as I seem to be turning into the LOTR picture posting whore, I'll continue.
tongue.gif

Can't forget our main man Elijah!
01.jpg

FRODOREV.jpg

And how about Sir Ian as Gandalf? Definitely one of the highlights of my LOTR movie experience.
1-40704.jpg

39768.jpg

Can someone put UnforgettableLemons head on the Bow Boys body?????

(would love to see Jason like dat!)

BTW if any of u taught Sean Bean looked scrummy yummy in LOTR, then go rent Ronin out and prepare to die, I know I did!

I was like
icon26.gif

And yes Strider is a hot honkey tonkey too, but in real life the guy has a german look...........like that footballer Ginola......
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

very cute, imagine how the kitchen would look after a round with him!

Originally posted by mad1:
BTW if any of u taught Sean Bean looked scrummy yummy in LOTR, then go rent Ronin out and prepare to die, I know I did!
My condolences.

SEAN BEAN!

Also get your hands on the Sharpe's series. He is absolutely wonderful in that. I never cared for him much before LOTR and Sharpe but now I fully understand why the Vicar of Dibley has a picture of him on her wall right next to her pic of Jesus.
smile.gif

What was especially wonderful about Sean Bean's portrayal of Boromir was that he actually managed to make you care for Boromir. I know lots of LOTR fans who absolutely hated Boromir from the book. They were amazed that they actually liked him in the film and even cried for him at the end.

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Your wish is my command.
biggrin.gif

07.jpg

1-7479r.jpg

will these do?

-sula

Oh yes!! Thanks!

You know, I saw a picture of this guy (Orlando Bloom) with his real hair, which was not long and blond--it was dark and very very short. But he still looked great!

As for Gandalf, he is my favourite, and Ian McKellan was absolutely perfect. But for gorgeous pics, a few of the other characters win out.
biggrin.gif

------------------
You say you want
Diamonds on a ring of gold
Your story to remain untold
Your love not to grow cold

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 12-28-2001).]

yeah maddie, actually I like him better hairy
biggrin.gif

Sula, girl you gotta get me more Viggo piccies!!

Zooman91, he doesn't really play a jerk in LOTR!! he's one of those cool people who come around in the end right before they get killed..they're always my fave characters lol
gosh, i couldn't handle the part where he was being shot..plus I thought it was Strider to start with so that scared me.
im so horrible
biggrin.gif

------------------
and everything you hoped would last
just always becomes the past
it hurts but...

MORE pictures of Mortensen-as-Aragorn...more...more...

When I read Fellowship originally as an impressionable high school junior, I imagined even then that Aragorn (much cooler name than Strider) would simply have to be a total babe if they ever made a movie such as this. And I just kinda...gasped when I finally saw the movie last night. From the very first scene he's in at the Prancing Pony...
wink.gif

My favorite part of the whole movie might have been when he was revealed as Aragorn at the Council. Loved it, loved it.
smile.gif

And I'm rereading Fellowship now...while I was a bit confused as to the placing of the Aragorn/Arwen thing, it is sort of hinted at in the book. Right near the end of Chapter One in Book Two in Fellowship:

"Near him sat the Lady Arwen. To his surprise Frodo saw that Aragorn stood beside her; his dark cloak was thrown back, and he seemed to be clad in elven-mail, and a star shone on his breast. They spoke together, and then suddenly it seemed to Frodo that Arwen turned toward him, and the light of her eyes fell on him from afar and pierced his heart."

Of course, Glorfindel really took Frodo to Rivendell and everyone else followed, and they really didn't meet Arwen until they get to Rivendell, and...oh, cripes, I'm a giant geek.
smile.gif

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Originally posted by Zooman91:
Why does Sean Bean always play a real jerk?
i.e. LOTR, Ronin, and Patriot Games, he's never a nice guy

If you think he's nasty in those films, see the Essex Boys. Such a bastard! But he's so frickin' good at it!

Originally posted by paxetaurora:

Aragorn (much cooler name than Strider)

Yes, it is. In fact, Strider irritates me. It's the one thing that bothers me about Sam; his insistence on calling Aragorn "Strider".

Loved the movie, absolutely loved it! I haven't read the books (yet!), but I had no trouble entering into the universe created in the movie. Absolutely amazing! When Frodo was stabbed the first time, I almost fell out of my chair. And Viggo Mortensen - finally a Danish(ish) person to be proud of
smile.gif

Some of the CGI work was a bit crap, though. Especially when Legolas was being whirled around by the troll. But overall one of the best films I've ever seen.

My dad and I went a bit LotR crazy after having seen the movie. We even watched Forever Young on video just to see Elijah Wood in real hobbit-size!
biggrin.gif

I will definitely be reading the LotR books next... after I finish the Hornblower series. Oh, and Narnia. NP, still almost a year to go.

My name is a bit like Boromir and Faramir. I wonder what it all means...
confused.gif

I just saw it last night and I have to say that it was excellent! I did think that it should be renamed 101 Ways to Kill Frodo though!
tongue.gif
At any rate, I'll be reading the books...well maybe after my next semester at university is over anyway...lol.
biggrin.gif

I was pretty happy to see, too, that this movie didn't have any cheese factor! Usually fantasy just turns into one big cheesy film clip! Yay for that!

And as for my favorite characters...little blue eyed Hobbits and long blonde haired elves are my new favorite people. Yummy!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"It's all about drums."

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by clarityat3am (edited 01-02-2002).]

Originally posted by clarityat3am:
I just saw it last night and I have to say that it was excellent! I did think that it should be renamed 101 Ways to Kill Frodo though!
tongue.gif

Yeah, poor Frodo. Everyone is out to get him! And in the face of all that, doesn't he show a good amount of courage? I mean, he gets left this ring and doesn't ASK for the adventure, but takes it on anyways.
smile.gif

Btw, Klodomir...aren't you in the next movie?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

And was anyone else totally freaked out when Bilbo had his Gollum moment?
eek.gif

Great movie...I may have to go for 3 times.

-sula

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Btw, Klodomir...aren't you in the next movie?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
I'm campaigning for that as we speak. Can I count on your support? I could be the Wicked Bitch of Mordor or something.

Originally posted by clarityat3am:

I was pretty happy to see, too, that this movie didn't have any cheese factor! Usually fantasy just turns into one big cheesy film clip! Yay for that!
Amen to that...no "Jar Jar factor" in this film!

1) Galadriel didn't come across as warm like in the book. She was super freaky.

2) They didn't play up on Frodo's sense of adventure and wanderlust. Of all the characters, I'm disappointed with Frodo. He wasn't interesting at all. He also wasn't hairy enough hehe.

3) I am very VERY disturbed by Bilbo's sudden frightening expression when he tried to snatch the ring from Frodo. That scene was too exaggerated... Other than that, the part of Bilbo was played well. I especially liked how he embraced Gandalf after Gandalf scolded him into giving up the ring.

4) The fight between the two wizards was more comical than exciting. It came across as 2 old fogies tumbling around.

5) In my mind, Strider was never young... I thought of him as pretty aged, maybe in his 50s.

Those are my only nitpicks... I love the movie!

foray

I just loved it!
I saw it 2 times and I'm planning to seeing today again!

I just can't get enough of Elijah. I totally fell for him. (I even have him on my wallpaper. I have betrayed Bono)
eek.gif

------------------
Another Member of the S.E.G.

*Scottphisto's Wardrobe Technician*

...I can't change the world but I can change the world in me..

Back
Top Bottom