Who loves their Lego?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are pics of IWB's lego creations around here somewhere

Lara Mullen said:
Show them the pictures, kimmie!!

haha, alright...i'll post them again :)

elevation:
legoelevationshrunk.jpg

04-Photo4.jpg

03-Photo3.jpg

:applaud:

When I was in London we saw huge Lego Harry Potter and Hagrid figures (about 8 or 9ft tall) in Hamley's toy shop. All I could think of was Kim's lego stages :laugh:

Lara Mullen said:
:applaud:

When I was in London we saw huge Lego Harry Potter and Hagrid figures (about 8 or 9ft tall) in Hamley's toy shop. All I could think of was Kim's lego stages :laugh:

:lol:

If it was socially acceptable for a 28 year old to play Legos, I would. One reason to look forward to having kids. :wink: Although they will probably get mad at me for hogging the Legos (and the video games too).

bsp77 said:
If it was socially acceptable for a 28 year old to play Legos, I would. One reason to look forward to having kids. :wink: Although they will probably get mad at me for hogging the Legos (and the video games too).
I do hog up my kids Legos and the video games. I play The Sims 2 with my three year old on my lap - him directing me on what to do.

I luv Legos - I have a big Lego project coming up. I am in the process of writing and illustrating the storyboard. I'll keep you posted...

bsp77 said:

Isn't it socially acceptable for 28 year olds without kids to play with Lego? It seems to have become more acceptable for adults to collect toys these days.

Although its nothing new. People have been collecting toys like Match Box cars and Tonka Trucks for decades. Many of the mint condition items can be worth quite a bit of money.

With the Internet allowing people to congregate in forums and websites to sell things like eBay, the number of adult Lego collectors is expanding all the time. Just checkout www.lugnet.com, heaps of adults building their own Lego designs there.

Lego has somewhat acknowledged this and over the past couple of years produced sets aimed at adults. Some intended for people 16 and older.

JimmyChicken said:

Isn't it socially acceptable for 28 year olds without kids to play with Lego? It seems to have become more acceptable for adults to collect toys these days.

Although its nothing new. People have been collecting toys like Match Box cars and Tonka Trucks for decades. Many of the mint condition items can be worth quite a bit of money.

With the Internet allowing people to congregate in forums and websites to sell things like eBay, the number of adult Lego collectors is expanding all the time. Just checkout www.lugnet.com, heaps of adults building their own Lego designs there.

Lego has somewhat acknowledged this and over the past couple of years produced sets aimed at adults. Some intended for people 16 and older.

I watched a French show not so long ago about adults who collect Barbie dolls, I know that Bonochick here collects Barbies. I don't see anything wrong with adults collecting toys. My Dad got a train set in London and the morning after we got home he was up first setting it up. I also remember that my little brother took no interest in trains so every Christmas for a few years my Dad bought me train sets and mecano (sp?) sets to play with. He used to play with them and set them up. A friend of my Mum's also buys her daughter games that she likes the look of or things she played with when she was younger. No big deal, I think.

Back
Top Bottom