Who likes Ovaltine..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you like this crap?

• Yes

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Never tried it.

Votes: 14 31.1%

• Total voters

jesseu2

Refugee
Ovaltine.jpg

I've tried it before and its pretty disgusting. makes me wanna :yuck: .. everytime i see the commercials on TV with the kids yelling "OVALTINE" or "More ovaltine"... i say shut up :lol: ... seems like those kids are on crack or something.

I prefer a chocolate malt shake with malt, ice cream, etc or from Red Robin's, etc

Last edited:
Is it anything like the malt drink called Horlicks? I love Horlicks. :drool:

horlicks_plain.jpg

Here's a tip for anyone else who enjoys Horlicks as well. Put a few teaspoons of it into a bowl of vanilla ice cream, then mix it in. It's delicious. :drool:

"Why do they call it Ovaltine? The mug is round. The jar is round. They should call it Roundtine!"

We have it at the store I work at... I've never seen anyone buy it. :|

My gran used to give me Ovaltine I loved it..is it not chocolatey though? That's what I remeber it tasting like:hmm:

I like the original flavor, but only if it's cold. Hot ovaltine is gross. It's not really something that I crave though, hence the unopened container that's been in my cabinet for 5 months.

maro_chik said:
"Why do they call it Ovaltine? The mug is round. The jar is round. They should call it Roundtine!"

:lol: That one was on a few days ago.

This thread made me want some Nestle Quik but, wouldn't you know it, we're out of milk. :angry:

maro_chik said:
"Why do they call it Ovaltine? The mug is round. The jar is round. They should call it Roundtine!" :|

this is the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread :lol:

I can't recall ever trying ovaltine... although, I usually enjoy strange things, so maybe I should purchase some :hmm:

We used to drink Ovaltine all the time as kids, altho I've not had any as an adult. I do smile when I see it at the market though, remembering good childhood times.

I also ate it dry off the spoon! :giggle:

I am willing to bet it just doesn't taste the same. :(

Ovaltine is quite popular over here in Australia. They even have ovaltini lollies over here. I prefer Milo though. Ovaltine and Milo are both very similar.

02_2.jpg

Carek1230 said:
We used to drink Ovaltine all the time as kids, altho I've not had any as an adult. I do smile when I see it at the market though, remembering good childhood times.

I also ate it dry off the spoon! :giggle:

I am willing to bet it just doesn't taste the same. :(

Over 50 years ago I hated the stuff!!! I haven't tried it since. I, too, am betting the taste isn't the same.

Ugh, ugh, ugh

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom