Who likes Coconut?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lazarus

Blue Crack Supplier
I think you either love it or hate it.

And it's hard to find coconut flavor with everything because of this.

Baskin-Robbins often serves a Nutty Coconut flavor at their stores, but it's next to impossible to find Coconut ice cream at the supermarket. They have sorbet, but it's not the same. I used to buy shredded coconut so I could just mix it in with regular vanilla. Edy's has their seasonal Girl Scout Cookie line, which has a Samoas edition. Lots of coconut goodness in there, even though it's not totally pure with all the fudge corrupting it and everything.

Once in a while if I bake a cake, I throw shredded coconut in the mix too. German Chocolate Cake has coconut in the topping; that shit is GOOD.

There was a coconut-flavored Life Savers, but you had to buy the Tropical Fruit collection to get it.

waynetravis said:

my absolute favorite junk food when I go home is bounty (the choc part is way better than here) and a can of lilt :drool:

Malibu rum FTW
cheering-1.gif
cheering-1.gif
cheering-1.gif
cheering-1.gif

waynetravis said:

Bounty is hard to find in the U.S. but it's good.

I take Mounds where I can get it, though I'm not a big dark chocolate fan. If they made one with Milk Chocolate I'd be in heaven. Almond Joy unnecessarily adds almonds to the mix.

What about Zagnut? That had coconut in it, right?

Love it!!!!:drool: love Bountys, love Malibu&love Pina Coladas! :wink:

lazarus said:
German Chocolate Cake has coconut in the topping; that shit is GOOD.

I make a killer German Sweet Chocolate cake. :yes: I might make that for my birthday this year. :hmm:

I'm not as much of a coconut fan as some, but I do love it in some things. My mum used to make what she called coconut bars and they were damned good...I should make some of them sometime. And I really like Almond Joy bars sometimes too (I like the almonds, so AJ works better for me than Mounds, although I don't mind them either). My mum was a huge fan of coconut macaroons so I would buy them for her whenever I found them. I was never as fond of them as other things though.

Hershey had coconut kisses last Christmas. I bought a bag on clearance and ended up using them as "drops" on top of peanut butter cookies. I ended up melting them. They were AWESOME cookies (peanut better, chocolate and coconut).

I find myself chewing on leftover strands of it for hours, so I definitely hate it. Coconut milk is pretty good though.

^ Same here. I love curries and desserts made with coconut milk--South Indian, Thai, Indonesian...never been much of a fan of the dried shredded stuff, though. I do make a good Southern coconut layer cake with divinity icing, so I don't completely loathe it, but that fingernail-like texture has always been a bit offputting for me.

:drool: Emm....I like coconut!! And hey, they did have AJ and Mounds In dark chocolate...as well as Reeces, etc...now I am on M&Ms!! i love dark chocolate!! And toasted coconut...emm! German chocolate is my #1 fave cake! Those P&B cookies w/ coconut Kisses..=yum!:lol:

love coconut! Yum! I love it fresh right from the coconut, tho it's hard to find them fresh if you don't have your own tree. (store bought is risky for freshness)

back in the olden days when we would lay out to get tan we'd use coconut oil... the smell still says summer to me :drool:

I love coconut, too. One cookie recipe I make for Christmas has coconut, chocolate chips, and walnuts, as well as the sweetened condensed milk, graham cracker crumbs, and brown sugar to bind them all together. That stuff will rot teeth at 50 paces, but mama is it good! :drool:

I was in Brazil and my brother in law climbed up a tree, cut down a coconut, punched a hole in it with an ice pick, put a straw in it and handed it to me. Best. Thing. Ever.

Back
Top Bottom