Who is working today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessicaAnn

ONE love, blood, life
Who here has to work today (the day after Christmas)?

I do ... I am so sleepy and wish I could be at home napping. Or playing with my Christmas presents.

My mom and dad are stuck working. My sister has the whole week off. I go back tomorrow.

Not me, get the week off. Ah the joys of working for a religious institution. I plan on cleaning the apartment and maybe going to spend a gift card. And I have to go to the med center b/c my eyes are swollen, I have lumps in my neck, and an abscess on the back of my head. I guess I wouldn't be working even if we were open!

I hope so too. I found out that since my PCP is closed today, I can go to the med center for only $15 so I'm going as soon as my hair dries..... If they say I need a CT scan I'll have to laugh in their faces.

I long for the days when I worked for a company that closed down the week between Christmas and New Years (and it was a paid vacation for staff).

I'm off until the 9th! :D

I'm having a week off before my birthday on the 6th with my new holiday entitlement. I'm a contractor so it's unpaid.

Last edited:
i normally have weekends off so i didnt work xmas eve and im not working new years eve. i worked on xmas day, and then i had to put in vacation time for new years day otherwise i would have worked it. as if.

It's year end!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :drool:

:scream:

My place never closes. I'm surprised they gave us yesterday off. :der: The bank that owns the company I work for is open 7 days a week. They only close for holidays. It's going to be a long week filled with late nigths :sad: I envy anyone that has an easy December. Mine usually suck. The closer it is to the end of the year, the worse it is. :sad:

I did! I was just busy enough not to be bored. :up:

I'm used to retail, working something crappy like 7-4 or 1-10 on the day after Christmas, so a just-busy-enough 8:30-5 banking day was fantastic.

I´m not working today but since I´m a "party planner" (apart from being assistant in two faculties in my University) I had a lot of work this Christmas!!! I deserve my day off!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I WILL NOT be working next Christmas

JessicaAnn said:
I long for the days when I worked for a company that closed down the week between Christmas and New Years (and it was a paid vacation for staff).

My company operates all day, every day. :up:

I actually adjusted my days off this week to work Christmas (so one of the other managers could have off)! SO, not only did I work on Christmas, but I worked 13 hours (and let me tell you, it was friggin' HELL) on Christmas - and my standard 9.5 today! :D:D:D:D

I am taking my Labor Day holiday and Thanksgiving holiday days (2) this coming weekend though!

A side bonus - I will take my Christmas days in feb. in Vegas - and my New years days on St. Patrick's day.

:huh:

I asked for and got the morning off because I was celebrating Christmas out of town and I HATE driving long distances at night or at the wee hours in the morning. I'm kind of surprised they let me do it because we were only about half-staffed today as it was.

Back
Top Bottom