Who Is The ONE Athlete You'd Most Like To Meet, And Why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
This is a tough question for me. I admire several athletes, but so many seem to be spoiled, arrogant jerks.
frown.gif

I always idolized Larry Bird, and I finally did meet him, if you can call it that-it was at a book signing for his autobiography. I guess it would be very cool to meet Jordan too.

I guess I'd have to say right now mine would be Pats QB Tom Brady. Aside from the obvious reason
icon26.gif
biggrin.gif
, he really seems to have many qualities I admire in an athlete : humility, unselfishness, good moral values, among others. I just hope he stays this way and doesn't change.

Pat Rafter.

Aside from the fact that he's the most gorgeous man in the world, he's also very very kind. He runs a charity called Save the Children. He donates most of his prize money to charity. He hasn't let fame spoil him. He says 'Sorry Mate' every time he misses a ball toss. He's sweet to the ball kids. He stops to chat to his fans.

I admire his honesty. He's one of the few players who will say "He played better than me today. That's why I lost." Most players make excuses when they lose.
I admire his genrosity, his kindness. His warrior mentality and his 'Never-quit' attitude. Who else would finish a match against Andre in the searing heat despite cramps and obvious pain? He wants to see Lleyton Hewitt grow up and follow his footsteps. He wanted desperatly to make Australia proud. He wanted to be appreciated for the person he was, not just the player, the winner, the loser.

Tennis misses him.
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 04-28-2002).]

Charles Barkley...he's been my favorite b-ball player since I was a little kid. He tells it like it is, and doesn't take shit from anyone. Going out with him for a few drinks would be an absolute blast...

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
Pat Rafter.

ZA has touched him ZA has touched him ZA has touched him ZA has touched him ZA has touched him ZA has touched him ZA has touched him ZA has touched him ZA has touched him ZA has touched him ZA has touched him ZA has touched him
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

And he was mighty fine too, lil sis
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom