Who is the half blood prince?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cannot wait for this! I'll be sitting by the window Saturday morning, waiting for the Fed Ex man! :hyper:

miss becky said:
Cannot wait for this! I'll be sitting by the window Saturday morning, waiting for the Fed Ex man! :hyper:

You should be waiting for me to call you instead :mad:

:wink:

Ohhh, what are we talking about anyway ??? :wink:

:hyper:

I'm going into town later...and I'm going to be a complete and utter nerd (I'm going to a Potter Party at Chapters)! can'twaitcan'twaitcan'twaitcan'twait...

I read an interesting article online about the "fact" that a lot of the people who got into Harry Potter at the age of 12 or 13 just aren't interested in the story anymore. Well, I say they weren't big fans in the first place. I got hooked in 1999, and that's something that won't be changing any time soon! True, I'll be in my twenties by the time the last book comes out...but who cares?!

By the way, I think we should be considerate to everyone else with regards to spoilers and all that. When Order of the Phoenix came out, I knew that Sirius had died before I even had a chance to get my hands on the bloody book. :mad: Not via Interference, of course, but still.

GibsonGirl said:
:hyper:

By the way, I think we should be considerate to everyone else with regards to spoilers and all that. When Order of the Phoenix came out, I knew that Sirius had died before I even had a chance to get my hands on the bloody book. :mad: Not via Interference, of course, but still.

Yes that is a fantastic idea:yes:

I was halfway through the Order of the Phoenix when one of my students said "what do you think about Sirus dying" and I was like
9.gif
all day long......and it still makes me angry to think about it:angry:

Dismantled said:

I was halfway through the Order of the Phoenix when one of my students said "what do you think about Sirus dying" and I was like
9.gif
all day long......and it still makes me angry to think about it:angry:

Oh, that's horrible. :| At least when I clicked on that bloody site, it was a voluntary act on my part (though I still think they could have posted a warning notice...) But to have someone actually come up to you and give it all away? I'd have been livid. Pity corporal punishment is frowned upon these days, eh? :happy:

draco, confirmed in english newspaper collumn, also harry's dad has a big role in this one (duno how?) and princepal dude will step down, voldemort comes back also (it says he wont die proper til 7th book), Daily Star July 11th...

U2@NYC said:
I haven't read any of the books, only watched the movies...

:reject:

I demand you go read the books......NOW:mad:

:wink:

seriously though the movies cannot hold a candle to the books

half blood prince is actually a deceptive title.
see, really, the driving force of the plot in this book is the relationship that cat of filch's has with hermione's cat. needless to say the babies are very cute, and one of them has a white head with ginger markings ringing the top of it, around its ears.

Ron remarks in chapter 35, "Hey, that little kitten looks like it's wearing a crown!" Hermione replies, "Oh yes, it looks like a little prince."
Of course the intrigue begins when they discover that, while Hermione's cat is a pureblood magical cat, Filches is nothing of the sort. So the kitten, now named Prince, is a half-blood.

When Voldermort returns to the plot in chapter 68 he is riding a giant rat, the same bloke that got the Potters killed (now giant thanks to a disregard of the benefits of Subway sandwiches and some suspect pollution coming from the nuclear power plant near the dark lords lair.)
Harry is battling away against the mounted voldermort and is losing badly. Then, as if by magic, the half-blood prince bounds into the scene, claws out, hissing. Action prevails for a few more chapters, until chapter 105, when the crunch comes

--spoiler alert--

at this point the kitten and harry share a knowing glance, and a sigh, while harry continously blinks his eyes at the kitten in a strange act of, um, appalling acting (yes, I'm talking to YOU mr radcliffe!) The kitten misinterprets the strange behaviour as a sign, a reference to the strange tricks the strobe lights play on your eyes while you are in a night club.
And then, pulling out of its own arse its very own bag of magic tricks, the kitten begins doing the boogie, the jive, the carwash, the funky potatoe! The giant rat is highly intimidated by this alpha male behaviour and momentarily takes his eyes off the game, and runs straight into the whomping willow.
Victory is nigh, but voldermort makes a miraculous escape involving a swiss army knife, two pieces of string and some ordinary household bleach!
Bring on book 7!!!

I'll wait for the Slovene translation in December.

IMO half blood prince is a new character.

Very interested in the Goblet of fire movie as well - that's my favorite book.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom