Who is the best new artist since January 2000?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
My pick is Coldplay.

When I say January 2000, I mean those artist that prior to January 2000 did not exist or had not yet released an album.

I think Coldplay released Brothers and Sisters between 96 and 98... could be mistaken though.

My pick is actually their opening act: The Music

I'm seeing both of them, tomorrow night.

Coldplay formed in 1998. Not sure about the real early stuff, but Parachutes, their first full length album released worldwide, was not released until 2000.

STING2 said:
Coldplay formed in 1998. Not sure about the real early stuff, but Parachutes, their first full length album released worldwide, was not released until 2000.
then coldplay it is

I'm going to have to go with Cujo and say The Music......good now...better soon....rock gods later.

Audioslave

(I used to absolutely love Coldplay, they've become a little old and predictable. Ballads anyone?)

u2popmofo said:
Audioslave

(I used to absolutely love Coldplay, they've become a little old and predictable. Ballads anyone?)

:yes:

still good... but bring on the Music.

The Music.

I'll judge first hand... and give the verdict later tonight.

U2, unless they have some stuff before atyclb that i dont know about

I just discovered that the only artists that I have in my music collection that were NOT around prior to 1995 are Foo Fighters, Vertical Horizon, and Coldplay. I guess that tells you what I think of the state of the music industry and new artist.

Still, I think there are probably some great artists out there that are brand new that I simply have not got a real good look at. I think Audio Slave is definitely something I should check out.

I have bought plenty of music since 1995, but its all by artists who released albums before 1995(some of the albums old, some of them brand new, released this year or last year), with the exception of Verticle Horizon, Coldplay, and Foo Fighters.

Zoomerang96 said:
a bit too geddy lee for me. :down:

Methinks someone read my review of the Music... am I closer to the light from the Great White North Old Balls McCone?

PS- the verdict from tonight... it's a draw. The Music needs more material behind them in order for them to be considered a huge act... an album of ten songs, with relatively few b-sides doesn't match up well against some of the other arena acts.

Check my journal later, if you want to hear more post-concert crap :wink:

i also just recently heard a song by a group called ok go (mediocre people do exceptional things all the time). it was very impressive. another new song i liked was from a band called the raveonettes, another boy/girl duo, this time from scandanavia.

Back
Top Bottom