Who is the BEST "Big" band right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is the BEST "big" band right now?

• U2

Votes: 44 50.6%
  • Radiohead

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Pearl Jam

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • R.E.M.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Muse

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers

• The Flaming Lips

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Wilco

• The White Stripes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Arcade Fire

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • Coldplay

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Interpol

• Other (Please state your choice in thread)

• Total voters
There's still a large group of people that have never even gave The Flaming Lips a good listen.

I suggest starting with The Soft Bulletin. It's one of the greatest albums ever made.

david said:
There's still a large group of people that have never even gave The Flaming Lips a good listen.

I suggest starting with The Soft Bulletin. It's one of the greatest albums ever made.

I'm one of those people. :reject: :wink:

The only song I know of theirs is Ego Tripping...

Zootlesque said:

I'm one of those people. :reject: :wink:

The only song I know of theirs is Ego Tripping...

Man, you've gotta get on that :wink:

Start with either The Soft Bulletin or Clouds Taste Metallic then branch into their other work

Their albums before Clouds are a weird mix of grunge and psychedelia, which means it way hard to like if you don't have an appreciation for the F'Lips.

STING2 said:

Madonna's most recent album sold over 8 million copies worldwide and her tour was very successful, nearly as successful worldwide as Springsteens last tour, her combined strong current album sales plus concert tour sales make her the second biggest artist in the world behind U2.

The Stones latest album did under 3 million copies, but overall they are still the #1 or #2 touring artist worldwide which at a minimum puts them in the top 10 despite the lower album sales.

Madonna's last album is reported to have already reached the 10M mark, almost duplicating "American Life"'s mark (5,5M).

LemonMacPhisto said:
Start with either The Soft Bulletin or Clouds Taste Metallic then branch into their other work

Their albums before Clouds are a weird mix of grunge and psychedelia, which means it way hard to like if you don't have an appreciation for the F'Lips.

All Music Guide picks Transmissions from the Satellite Heart as their best album! (?) :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom