Who is that mangling High and Dry??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
:yikes:

I caught the end of the video this morning. Some young man earnestly pounding away at his piano, singing an incredibly off-key version of the beloved Radiohead tune. The girl was running to save some wretch from flinging himself from the top of the building. I'm afraid I understood why he would want to do such a thing after only listening to a few minutes of the song.

:crack:

He murdered All I Want is You in Belfast during the summer too...............:eyebrow:

I like Jamia Cullan. I don't know the exact song he covered. But I know when people do a cover they should try to sound like the original song but also be unique!;) I think he is a little unique!;):wink:

Last edited:
Recent classics should NEVER be covered.

For that matter, recent songs should NEVER be covered.

On a related tangent, covers should NEVER be released as singles.

Iron & Wine doing 'Such Great Heights' wasn't such a travesty, you have to admit.

But 'High & Dry' definitely was, urgh. I've never heard any of Christopher O'Riley's stuff, so when I first heard this I was really afraid it was him :yikes: because I really wanted to like it if it was him! Good thing it wasn't.

christopher orielly enjoys getting two girls together, and then taking pictures of them kissing.

boy did that ever create a mess at the message board. :angry:

My ears have also been spared this horror it would seem.

Se7en said:
if you thought 'high and dry' was brutal...

give a listen to his attempt at 'lover, you should have come over.' :down:

r.i.p. jeff.

I heard a little of that, I thought it was good.

Jeff Buckley rocks.:hug:

Back
Top Bottom