Who is more overated???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gherman

New Yorker
Oasis or Niravana?

I'm sorry but both of these bands are so bloated I can't stand it. If you like them... cool, but who is more overated?

Nirvana.

Well, both bands are overrated to a point, I just don't think Nirvana would be as popular today if they're singer was still alive.

In the total opposite they could have gone on to bigger and better things.

Nirvana, but I appreciate both bands, and absolutely adore Oasis.

Nevermind is an amazing album though. Not quite as good as (What's The Story) Morning Glory.

If anything, Oasis is way underated, while Nirvana's legend has been exaggerated somewhat and strengthened by the tragic circumstances surrounding Kurt Cobain.

Nirvana, no question. Oasis, especially the first two albums, are overrated as well but not anywhere near the extent of Nirvana. Plus Nirvana is overrated way more widely than Oasis; unless I'm wrong I don't think that Oasis gets that much adulation in US, for instance.

I don't find Oasis annoying, and most people generally acknowledge they weren't the most talented or original musicians on the planet.

However, most of what Nirvana made was complete junk and people seem to constantly praise them as a good band and somehow important. They're over-rated by a mile.

Nirvana.

I'm not particularly fond of either but Nirvana is more highly rated than Oasis in the first place so they get this honour.

Nirvana....

Don't get me wrong, Kurt was a beautiful man and 'Nevermind' is something of a masterpiece but come on....

Definitely Maybe is in my top 5 all time favorite LP's and Whats the Story is nearly its equal....

Also Noel and Liam are two of the biggest badasses in modern popular culture...

O-
A-
SIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Two shit bands, yeah, but Nirvana is far more overrated. Far, far, far more overrated. No contest, here, even if you're a fan of either or both of the bands.

Nirvana.
First, because the grunge scene is one of the most overrated things in music (not saying it's bad, attention...). Secondly, because Nirvana are an iconic product created after Kurt's death. It's nothing special.

Nirvana easily, decent enough band, but the worship they get is unbearable at times....and I don't think Oasis are overrated in anywhere but England.

Just to be different.......

Nirvana for sure:wink: I never understood the fascination some people have about that band...
And like some people already said, Oasis are not that popular out of England, and I don't think they're popular at all out of Europe...

I love Oasis, but I would still say that they are highly overrated, especially by certain British magazines. I have read that Definitely Maybe frequently tops "best ever albums" lists in England, which seems ludicrous to me.

Easy. Nirvana

Oasis is underrated. Especially here in America. Actually, I'd say only in America, cause they're pretty massive in the rest of the world, not just Europe. I think Noel Gallagher is the most underrated songwriter. I don't care if people think that he just rips off other songs, that man can write some mega tunes....

Nirvana. No one thinks positively of any Oasis albums besides Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory, neither of which I consider overrated.

I think I would say Nirvana. I rarely listen to them and only have a little of their music on my iPod. I've seen Oasis live a few times and I really have enjoyed them. However, when I've listened to their music outside of seeing them in concert, I usually just play the hits.

Nirvana is the most overated artist in music history
Cobain is the most overated musician in music history; and i saw him at # 7 in Q's 100 best singers? What is happening here?
Who is behind all this swindle?

Oasis is not overated anywhere but in England.
They were a good band. Thats the best they were, nothing incredible though
:wink:

Nirvana.

I enjoy Oasis. Their music may not be the most original but I think it's still good. I love Don't Believe the Truth and What's the Story and I think some of their B-sides are better than many bands' A material.

Far and away Nirvana. They're credited with so much innovation, but they basically just combined the sounds of The Replacements & Husker Du and mainstreamed what'd been going on on the alternative seen for the prior ten years.

They weren't even as instrumental in launching grunge as were Pearl Jam and Soundgarden.

In Utero, their third album, was initially so bad that the band were basically forced by Geffen to remix it.

I mean, Kurt wasn't even the most talented member of the band.

Definately over rated. If Cobain hadn't died, I'm sure they would've faded away by their fourth album.

Back
Top Bottom