Who is Jack Johnson? "Bubble Toes" is the dumbest song I've ever heard!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tabby

Refugee
Who the fuck is Jack Johnson? Is he new? Where did he come from, the woodwork? That "Bubble Toes" song is getting lots of airplay lately and it's the DUMBEST song ever! Not only is the subject stupid, it's gross! He says his wife's toes are as big as her eyes, but covered, or infested, with tar balls and scars! Not only is it dumb, it's a BAD song, very disjointed and incosistant. It changes subjects, and pitches several times. It's not sure which one of 3 different songs it wants to be, but THEY ALL SUCK!! It sounds exactly like some drunken fool sitting around his house plunking on the guitar, making up songs or parts of songs to entertain is wife and kids, or drunk friends, and whatever he came up with came out his mouth. I understand some songs start out that way, but you'd think it would be improved and changed before it went to recording. Who the hell gave this talentless buffoon a recording contract when so many good indy bands go without?

:down: :crazy: :drunk: :scream: :banghead:

I like Jack Johnson. I didn't know he was getting radio play. His CD's been out a long time. "Bubble Toes" is my least favourite track.

I haven't heard any of his stuff but I know a few people with respectable taste in music who really like him.

It's as simple as something that nobody knows that her eyes were as big
as her bubbly toes :coocoo:
on the feet of a queen of the hearts of the cards and her feet were all
covered with tar balls and scars :confused:
It's as common as something that nobody knows that her beauty will
follow wherever she goes
up the hill in the back of her house in the woods she'd love me forever,
I know she could

I remember when, you and me, mmm how we used to be just good friends
Wouldn't give me none
But all I wanted was some
She's got a whole lot of reasons
She cant think of a single one
That can justify leaving
and he got none but he thinks he got so many problems
Man he got, too much time to waste

His dreams are like commercials
But her dreams are picture perfect and
Our dreams are so related though they're often underestimated

It's as simple as something that nobody knows that
Her eyes were as big as her bubbly toes
On the feet of the queen of the hearts of the cards
And her feet were infested with tar balls

and La da da da da da

Well I was eating lunch at the D. L. G. :huh: ??
When this little girl came and she sat next to me
I never seen nobody move the way she did
Well she did and she does and she'll do it again

When you move like a jellyfish
Rhythm don't mean nothing
You go with the flow
You don't stop
Move like a jellyfish
Rhythm is nothing
You go with the flow
You don't stop mmm :)der: He thinks he's awfully tasty...)

It's as common as something that nobody knows that
Her beauty will follow wherever she goes
Up the hill in the back of her house in the wood
She'll love me forever, I know

she La da da da da da

If you would only listen
You might just realize what you're missing
You're missing me
If you would only listen
You might just realize what you're missing
You're missing me

It's as simple as something that nobody knows that
Her eyes were as big as her bubbly toes
On the feet of the queen of the hearts of the cards
And her feet were infested with tar balls

and La da da da da da

WTF ARE BUBBLY TOES?! :mad: :scream:

That's a bad, bad, song. The DJ said he wrote it because his wife had 'big' toes that were shaped like bubbles and he liked to squeeze them? :yuck: If somebody wrote a song about my feet being infested and gross, I'd be :mad: and :eek: and :yell: The first few times I heard it I left it on just to make fun of it until i stopped being funny. Now I just turn it off. I don't like his voice at all.

Re: Who is Jack Johnson? "Bubble Toes" is the dumbest song I've ever heard!!!

Tabby said:
:down: :crazy: [I cut out three because there's a limit on how many images you can put in your post]
MonaVox said:
WTF ARE BUBBLY TOES?! :mad: :scream:
U2Kitten said:
:yuck: If somebody wrote a song about my feet being infested and gross, I'd be :mad: and :eek: and :yell:
When did we stop using words here?!

Jack Johnson isn't anything much special, anyway, but I like his spacey, acoustic sound.

Brushfire Fairytales has been out for over 2.5 years. He is a film maker who has dablled in music. He also is on G loves song Rodeo Clowns. Personally I like him.

While this song is kinda nutso and crazy....it is a very happy and uplifting song to me. I dont like the talk of toes either but....

la da da da da da.....

LA DA DA DAAA DAAA DAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can that not make ya smile??? :D

I compare him to a "bubbly" if you will...LOL Dave Matthews.

DiGi said:
Brushfire Fairytales has been out for over 2.5 years. He is a film maker who has dablled in music. He also is on G loves song Rodeo Clowns. Personally I like him.

Wow!! I didn't realize it'd been out that long. I've just had it for about 9 months or so.

Originally posted by Ali Rose

I compare him to a "bubbly" if you will...LOL Dave Matthews.

No wonder I took an immediate dislike to him. I DESPISE Dave Matthews, and he does remind me of him, not just his voice but his looks.

Originally posted by Tabby

Not only is it dumb, it's a BAD song, very disjointed and inconsistant. It changes subjects, and pitches several times. It's not sure which one of 3 different songs it wants to be, but THEY ALL SUCK!! It sounds exactly like some drunken fool sitting around his house plunking on the guitar, making up songs or parts of songs

:laugh: Yes indeed. It's weird and unstructured. It reminds me of songs my little friends and I used to make up on the swing set when I was about 6, jumping from one tune and idea to another in the middle and just babbling on.

Last edited:
Jack Johnson is GREAT :)
He is to ben harper what Jesse Malin is to Ryan Adams. Brushfire fairytales is an album of stunning beauty and subtelty. Dont judge it on Bubbly Toes until you've heard some of the other songs.
And there are FAR too many indie bands around already. We dont need more getting contracts. There's more than one genre of music!

Er- lemme take a wild guess here- some of you who defend this boring, no talent clown with his shitty lyrics are some of the same ones who bash the hard driving, inspired rock and roll of Creed, right? Nevermind. I don't wanna know. :banghead: it's too much for my mind to comprehend and I don't wanna deal with it :drunk:

Desire4Bono said:
Er- lemme take a wild guess here- some of you who defend this boring, no talent clown with his shitty lyrics are some of the same ones who bash the hard driving, inspired rock and roll of Creed, right? Nevermind. I don't wanna know. :banghead: it's too much for my mind to comprehend and I don't wanna deal with it :drunk:

Jack Johnson is ok, i dont despise him, although I think Ben Harper and Jack arent a great comparison as said earlier in this thread.
and did I hear the words hard driving, and inspired rock in the same phrase as Creed?...:no: sorry, i beg to differ, but I digress, dont want to turn this into another Creed bash thread......

So, JJ is ok in my book, im not gonna run and buy the album mind you, but hes alright, and bubble toes does suck, not a good song to judge him on......:|

meegannie said:
I like Jack Johnson. I didn't know he was getting radio play. His CD's been out a long time.

:yes: I didn't know he was getting airplay either. I've been postponing buying his cd though, but I need to get it. :D

I didnt compare JJ to Ben Harper. I said he is Ben Harpers kinda protige and producer etc like ryan adams is for Jesse Malin. Just listen to some of his other stuff like The news and innaudible melodies. They are great songs.

And stop being such music Nazi's. Music is good to individuals. There is nothing to be gained by insulting someones music. Just grow up!

The Absent One said:
I didnt compare JJ to Ben Harper. I said he is Ben Harpers kinda protige and producer etc like ryan adams is for Jesse Malin. Just listen to some of his other stuff like The news and innaudible melodies. They are great songs.

And stop being such music Nazi's. Music is good to individuals. There is nothing to be gained by insulting someones music. Just grow up!

point taken, and the music nazi's thing was hilarious....:lol:

dont mind us Nazi's, lots of opinions, you know what they say about opinions............

Back
Top Bottom