Who Is Going To Win The NHL Scoring Title This Year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
It doesn't look like I can post a poll without being a premium member, so here's the list to choose from:

(Bracket represents: games played/current number of points.)

* M.Lemieux, PIT (40/68)
* M.Naslund, VAN (43/56)
* J.Thornton, BOS (39/52)
* T.Bertuzzi, VAN (43/49) (Bertuzzi had the best P.G.A. last season)
* M.Modano, DAL (43/49)
* P.Forsberg, COL (37/46)
* J.Jagr, WSH (42/43) (I'd say he's the dark horse.)

I believe that Markus Naslund - who is currenlty leading the league with 31 golas - will surpass Mario Lemieux for the league lead. Lemieux is slowing down as of late, and is just coming off a groin injury. That's not a good sign for Lemieux fans. Of course, Naslund is the hottest player on the planet right now, and playing for the hottest team (Vancouver's winning percentage is tops in the West, which is why coach Marc Crawford is going to the All-Star game). Did anyone see Naslund's two goals in their 6-4 win over Ottawa the other night? (BTW, Ottawa's winning percentage is tops in the East.) They were both incredible, but the first goal was truly amazing. He went end to end down the left side, literally jumped over and around three players at full speed, and still managed to shoot against the grain (he's a left hand shot), placing the puck in a 2 inch space in the top right hand corner. It was a sight to behold. Only 2 other players in the NHL could have done that (Kariya and Jagr).

BTW - did anyone catch Jagr's performance last night? He scored 7 points (3 goals, 4 assists)!! Washington won 12-2 or something!

Back
Top Bottom