Who here has the best taste in music?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
We all know that everyone of us is going to nominate ourselves and laugh at our own cleverness. Well ha ha lol rotflmfao it's not funny or clever. Besides, your taste in music sucks. Pick someone other than yourself.

My nomination = Salome
Runner-up = Dieman
------------------
What do you want? What do you want? Zooropa...Vorsprung durch Technik Zooropa...be all that you can be Be a winner Eat to get slimmer Zooropa...a bluer kind of white Zooropa...it could be yours tonight We're mild and green And squeaky clean Zooropa...better by design Zooropa...fly the friendly skies Through appliance of science We've got that ring of confidence And I have no compass And I have no map And I have no reasons No reasons to get back And I have no religion And I don't know what's what And I don't know the limit The limit of what we've got Don't worry baby, it'll be alright You got the right shoes To get you through the night It's cold outside, but brightly lit Skip the subway Let's go to the overground Get your head out of the mud baby Put flowers in the mud baby Overground No particular place names No particular song I've been hiding What am I hiding from Don't worry baby, it's gonna be alright Uncertainty can be a guiding light I hear voices, ridiculous voices Out in the slipstream Let's go, let's go overground Take your head out of the mud baby She's gonna dream up The world she wants to live in swallow is king pimp She's gonna dream out loud She's gonna dream out loud Dream out loud Watching your bright blue eyes In the freeze frame I've seen them so many times I feel like I must be your best friend You're looking fine, so fine, oh my Dressed up like a lovely day, oh Babyface, babyface Slow down child, let me untie your lace babyface, babyface Cover girl with natural grace How could beauty be so kind To an ordinary guy Coming home late at night To turn you on Checking out every frame I've got slow motion on my side Turning around and around With the sound and colour Under my control, go Round and around, going down Dressed up like a lovely day Babyface, babyface Tin foil hair all tied up in lace Babyface, babyface Bitter sweet girl won't you give me a taste How could beauty be so kind To an ordinary guy Do do do do do do do do do...do do...Do do do do do do do do do...do do...Babyface, babyface Slow down child, let me untie your lace Babyface, babyface
Open the door, let me unpack my case Babyface, babyface You're everywhere child You're all over the place Babyface, babyface You're coming to me from outer-space How could beauty be so kind To an ordinary guy Don't move Don't talk out of time Don't think Don't worry Everything's just fine Just fine Don't grab Don't clutch Don't hope for too much Don't breathe Don't achieve Or grieve without leave Don't check Just balance on the fence Don't answer Don't ask Don't try and make sense Don't whisper Don't talk Don't run if you can walk Don't cheat, compete Don't miss the one beat Don't travel by train Don't eat Don't spill Don't piss in the drain Don't make a will Don't fill out any forms Don't compensate Don't cower Don't crawl Don't come around late Don't hover at the gate Don't take it on board Don't fall on your sword Just play another chord If you feel you're getting bored I feel numb I feel numb Too much is not enough I feel numb Don't change your brand Don't listen to the band Don't gape Don't ape Don't change your shape Have another grape Gimme what you got Gimme what I don't get Gimme some more Too much is not enough I feel numb I feel numb Gimme some more A piece of me, baby I feel numb Don't plead Don't bridle Don't shackle Don't grind don't curve Don't swerve Lie, die, serve Don't theorize,realise,polarise,Glance, dance,dismiss, apologise Gimme some more I feel numb Gimme some more I feel numb Gimme what you got Gimme what I don't get Gimme what you got Too much is not enough Don't spy Don't lie Don't try Imply Detain Explain I feel numb Start again Don't triumph Don't coax Don't cling Don't hoax Don't freak Peak Don't leak I feel numb I feel numb Don't speak Don't project Don't connect Protect Don't expect Suggest I feel numb I feel numb I feel numb Don't project Don't connect Protect Don't expect Suggest I feel numb Don't struggle Don't jerk Don't collar Don't work Don't wish Don't fish Don't teach Don't reach I feel numb Don't borrow Don't break Don't fence Don't steal Don't pass Don't press Don't try Don't feel Too much is not enough I feel numb Gimme some more Don't touch Don't dive don't suffer Don't rhyme Don't fantasize Don't rise Don't lie I feel numb Don't project Don't connect Protect Don't expect Suggest I feel numb Don't project Don't connect Protect Don't expect Suggest I feel numb I feel numb Lemon See through in the sunlight She wore lemon But never in the daylight She's gonna make you cry She's gonna make you whisper and moan And when you're dry She draws her water from the stone And I feel Like I'm slowly, slowly, Slowly slipping under And I feel Like I'm holding onto nothing She wore lemon To colour in the cold grey night She had heaven And she held on so tight A man makes a picture A moving picture Through the light projected He can see himself up close A man captures colour A man likes to stare He turns his money into light To look for her And I feel Like I'm drifting, drifting, Drifting from the shore And I feel Like I'm swimming out to her Midnight is where the day begins Midnight is where the day begins Midnight is where the day begins Lemon See through in the sunlight A man builds a city With banks and cathedrals A man melts the sand so he can See the world outside A man makes a car And builds a road to run them on A man dreams of leaving You're gonna meet her there She's your destination You gotta get to her She's imagination But he always stays behind And these are the days When our work has come asunder And these are the days When we look for something other Midnight is where the day begins Midnight is where the day begins Midnight is where the day begins Midnight is where the day begins Midnight is where the day begins Midnight is where the day begins Midnight is where the day begins Midnight is where the day begins swallow is a sex master A man makes a picture A moving picture Through the light projected He can see himself up close A man captures colour A man likes to stare He turns his money into light To look for her She is the dreamer She's imagination Through the light projected He can see himself up close You're gonna meet her there She's your destination There's no sleeping there She's imagination Lemon She had heaven She wore lemon Green light, Seven Eleven You stop in for a pack of cigarettes You don't smoke, don't even want to Hey now, check your change Dressed up like a car crash Your wheels are turning but you're upside down You say when he hits you, you don't mind Because when he hurts you, you feel alive Hey babe, is that what it is Red lights, gray morning You stumble out of a hole in the ground A vampire or a victim It depends on who's around You used to stay in to watch the adverts You could lip synch to the talk shows And if you look, you look through me And when you talk, you talk at me And when I touch you, you don't feel a thing If I could stay...Then the night would give you up Stay...and the day would keep its trust Stay...and the night would be enough Faraway, so close Up with the static and the radio With satellite television You can go anywhere Miami, New Orleans London, Belfast and Berlin And if you listen I can't call And if you jump, you just might fall And if you shout, I'll only hear you If I could stay...Then the night would give you up Stay...then the day would keep its trust Stay...with the demons you drowned Stay...with the spirit I found Stay...and the night would be enough Three o'clock in the morning It's quiet and there's no one around Just the bang and the clatter As an angel runs to ground Just the bang And the clatter As an angel Hits the ground You're a precious stone You're out on your own You know everyone in the world But you feel alone Daddy won't let you weep Daddy won't let you ache Daddy gives you as much as you can take A-ha sha-la, a-ha sha-la Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car A little uptight You're a baby's fist Butterfly kisses up and down your wrist When you see daddy coming You're licking your lip Nails bitten down to the quick A-ha sha-la, a-ha sha-la Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car You've got a head full of traffic You're a siren's song You cry for mama And daddy's right along He gives you the keys to a flamin' car Daddy's with you wherever you are
Daddy's a comfort Daddy's your best friend Daddy'll hold your hand right up to the end A-ha sha-la, a-ha sha-la Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday's alright...Some days are dry, some days are leaky Some days come clean, other days are sneaky Some days take less, but most days take more Some slip through your fingers and onto the floor Some days you're quick, but most days you're speedy Some days you use more force than is necessary Some days just drop in on us Some days are better than others Some days it all adds up And what you got is not enough Some days are better than others Some days are slippy, other days sloppy Some days you can't stand the sight of a puppy Your skin is white but you think you're a brother Some days are better than others Some days you wake up with her complaining Some sunny days you wish it was raining swallow is dead sexy Some days are sulky, some days have a grin And some days have bouncers and won't let you in Some days you hear a voice Taking you to another place Some days are better than others Some days are honest, some days are not Some days you're thankful for what you've got Some days you wake up in the army And some days it's the enemy Some days are work, most days you're lazy Some days you feel like a bit of a baby Lookin' for Jesus and His mother Some days are better than others Some days you feel ahead You're making sense of what she said Some days are better than others Some days you hear a voice Taking you to another place Some days are better than others I have a lover A lover like no other She got soul, soul, soul, sweet soul And she teach me how to sing Shows me colours when there's none to see Gives me hope when I can't believe That for the first time I feel love I have a brother When I'm a brother in need I spend my whole time running He spends his running after me When I feel myself going down I just call and he comes around But for the first time I feel love My father is a rich man He wears a rich man's cloak Gave me the keys to his kingdom coming swallow is a sexy bitch Gave me a cup of gold He said I have many mansions And there are many rooms to see But I left by the back door And I threw away the key And I threw away the key Yeah, I threw away the key Yeah, I threw away the key For the first time For the first time For the first time I feel love I don't know you And you don't know the half of it I had a starring role I was the bad guy who walked out They said be careful where you aim 'cause where you aim you just might hit You can hold on to something so tight You've already lost it Dragging me down That's not the way it used to be You can't even remember What I'm trying to forget It was a dirty day Dirty day You're looking for explanations I don't even understand If you need someone to blame Throw a rock in the air You'll hit someone guilty From father to son In one life has begun A work that's never done Father to son And love...it won't last kissin' time And love...it won't last kissin' time And love...it won't last kissin' time Get it right There's no blood thicker than ink swallow is a sexy bitch Hear what I say Nothing's simple as you think Wake up Some things you can't get round I'm in you More so when they put me in the ground These days, days, days run away like horses over the hill These days, days, days run away like horses over the hill...I went out walking Through streets paved with gold Lifted some stones Saw the skin and bones Of a city without a soul I went out walking Under an atomic sky Where the ground won't turn And the rain it burns Like the tears when I said goodbye Yeah I went with nothing Nothing but the thought of you I went wandering I went drifting Through the capitals of tin Where men can't walk Or freely talk And sons turn their fathers in I stopped outside a church house Where the citizens like to sit They say they want the kingdom But they don't want God in it I went out riding Down that old eight lane I passed by a thousand signs Looking for my own name I went with nothing But the thought you'd be there too Looking for you I went out there In search of experience To taste and to touch And to feel as much As a man can Before he repents I went out searching Looking for one good man A spirit who would not bend or break Who would sit at his father's right hand I went out walking With a bible and a gun The word of God lay heavy on my heart I was sure I was the one Now Jesus, don't you wait up Jesus, I'll be home soon Yeah I went out for the papers Told her I'd be back by noon Yeah I left with nothing But the thought you'd be there too Looking for you Yeah I left with nothing Nothing but the thought of you I went wandering.

[This message has been edited by Johnny Swallow (edited 04-14-2002).]

I think my taste in music kicks ass--lots of good variety. So I nominate myself!

Guess I'm a cheater.
------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

[This message has been edited by ~LadyLemon~ (edited 04-14-2002).]

Juan Swallow

------------------
me3

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

good question. finally a question that we can use cold hard facts on, and forget about personal opinions.

in all honesty, i have the best taste in music...

and swallow, i know ive asked before, but i forgot, what does your signature say again?

thanks.

------------------
-deathbear

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
in all honesty, i have the best taste in music...what does your signature say again?

Choke on it.

------------------
What do you want? What do you want? Zooropa...Vorsprung durch Technik Zooropa...be all that you can be Be a winner Eat to get slimmer Zooropa...a bluer kind of white Zooropa...it could be yours tonight We're mild and green And squeaky clean Zooropa...better by design Zooropa...fly the friendly skies Through appliance of science We've got that ring of confidence And I have no compass And I have no map And I have no reasons No reasons to get back And I have no religion And I don't know what's what And I don't know the limit The limit of what we've got Don't worry baby, it'll be alright You got the right shoes To get you through the night It's cold outside, but brightly lit Skip the subway Let's go to the overground Get your head out of the mud baby Put flowers in the mud baby Overground No particular place names No particular song I've been hiding What am I hiding from Don't worry baby, it's gonna be alright Uncertainty can be a guiding light I hear voices, ridiculous voices Out in the slipstream Let's go, let's go overground Take your head out of the mud baby She's gonna dream up The world she wants to live in swallow is king pimp She's gonna dream out loud She's gonna dream out loud Dream out loud Watching your bright blue eyes In the freeze frame I've seen them so many times I feel like I must be your best friend You're looking fine, so fine, oh my Dressed up like a lovely day, oh Babyface, babyface Slow down child, let me untie your lace babyface, babyface Cover girl with natural grace How could beauty be so kind To an ordinary guy Coming home late at night To turn you on Checking out every frame I've got slow motion on my side Turning around and around With the sound and colour Under my control, go Round and around, going down Dressed up like a lovely day Babyface, babyface Tin foil hair all tied up in lace Babyface, babyface Bitter sweet girl won't you give me a taste How could beauty be so kind To an ordinary guy Do do do do do do do do do...do do...Do do do do do do do do do...do do...Babyface, babyface Slow down child, let me untie your lace Babyface, babyface
Open the door, let me unpack my case Babyface, babyface You're everywhere child You're all over the place Babyface, babyface You're coming to me from outer-space How could beauty be so kind To an ordinary guy Don't move Don't talk out of time Don't think Don't worry Everything's just fine Just fine Don't grab Don't clutch Don't hope for too much Don't breathe Don't achieve Or grieve without leave Don't check Just balance on the fence Don't answer Don't ask Don't try and make sense Don't whisper Don't talk Don't run if you can walk Don't cheat, compete Don't miss the one beat Don't travel by train Don't eat Don't spill Don't piss in the drain Don't make a will Don't fill out any forms Don't compensate Don't cower Don't crawl Don't come around late Don't hover at the gate Don't take it on board Don't fall on your sword Just play another chord If you feel you're getting bored I feel numb I feel numb Too much is not enough I feel numb Don't change your brand Don't listen to the band Don't gape Don't ape Don't change your shape Have another grape Gimme what you got Gimme what I don't get Gimme some more Too much is not enough I feel numb I feel numb Gimme some more A piece of me, baby I feel numb Don't plead Don't bridle Don't shackle Don't grind don't curve Don't swerve Lie, die, serve Don't theorize,realise,polarise,Glance, dance,dismiss, apologise Gimme some more I feel numb Gimme some more I feel numb Gimme what you got Gimme what I don't get Gimme what you got Too much is not enough Don't spy Don't lie Don't try Imply Detain Explain I feel numb Start again Don't triumph Don't coax Don't cling Don't hoax Don't freak Peak Don't leak I feel numb I feel numb Don't speak Don't project Don't connect Protect Don't expect Suggest I feel numb I feel numb I feel numb Don't project Don't connect Protect Don't expect Suggest I feel numb Don't struggle Don't jerk Don't collar Don't work Don't wish Don't fish Don't teach Don't reach I feel numb Don't borrow Don't break Don't fence Don't steal Don't pass Don't press Don't try Don't feel Too much is not enough I feel numb Gimme some more Don't touch Don't dive don't suffer Don't rhyme Don't fantasize Don't rise Don't lie I feel numb Don't project Don't connect Protect Don't expect Suggest I feel numb Don't project Don't connect Protect Don't expect Suggest I feel numb I feel numb Lemon See through in the sunlight She wore lemon But never in the daylight She's gonna make you cry She's gonna make you whisper and moan And when you're dry She draws her water from the stone And I feel Like I'm slowly, slowly, Slowly slipping under And I feel Like I'm holding onto nothing She wore lemon To colour in the cold grey night She had heaven And she held on so tight A man makes a picture A moving picture Through the light projected He can see himself up close A man captures colour A man likes to stare He turns his money into light To look for her And I feel Like I'm drifting, drifting, Drifting from the shore And I feel Like I'm swimming out to her Midnight is where the day begins Midnight is where the day begins Midnight is where the day begins Lemon See through in the sunlight A man builds a city With banks and cathedrals A man melts the sand so he can See the world outside A man makes a car And builds a road to run them on A man dreams of leaving You're gonna meet her there She's your destination You gotta get to her She's imagination But he always stays behind And these are the days When our work has come asunder And these are the days When we look for something other Midnight is where the day begins Midnight is where the day begins Midnight is where the day begins Midnight is where the day begins Midnight is where the day begins Midnight is where the day begins Midnight is where the day begins Midnight is where the day begins swallow is a sex master A man makes a picture A moving picture Through the light projected He can see himself up close A man captures colour A man likes to stare He turns his money into light To look for her She is the dreamer She's imagination Through the light projected He can see himself up close You're gonna meet her there She's your destination There's no sleeping there She's imagination Lemon She had heaven She wore lemon Green light, Seven Eleven You stop in for a pack of cigarettes You don't smoke, don't even want to Hey now, check your change Dressed up like a car crash Your wheels are turning but you're upside down You say when he hits you, you don't mind Because when he hurts you, you feel alive Hey babe, is that what it is Red lights, gray morning You stumble out of a hole in the ground A vampire or a victim It depends on who's around You used to stay in to watch the adverts You could lip synch to the talk shows And if you look, you look through me And when you talk, you talk at me And when I touch you, you don't feel a thing If I could stay...Then the night would give you up Stay...and the day would keep its trust Stay...and the night would be enough Faraway, so close Up with the static and the radio With satellite television You can go anywhere Miami, New Orleans London, Belfast and Berlin And if you listen I can't call And if you jump, you just might fall And if you shout, I'll only hear you If I could stay...Then the night would give you up Stay...then the day would keep its trust Stay...with the demons you drowned Stay...with the spirit I found Stay...and the night would be enough Three o'clock in the morning It's quiet and there's no one around Just the bang and the clatter As an angel runs to ground Just the bang And the clatter As an angel Hits the ground You're a precious stone You're out on your own You know everyone in the world But you feel alone Daddy won't let you weep Daddy won't let you ache Daddy gives you as much as you can take A-ha sha-la, a-ha sha-la Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car A little uptight You're a baby's fist Butterfly kisses up and down your wrist When you see daddy coming You're licking your lip Nails bitten down to the quick A-ha sha-la, a-ha sha-la Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car You've got a head full of traffic You're a siren's song You cry for mama And daddy's right along He gives you the keys to a flamin' car Daddy's with you wherever you are
Daddy's a comfort Daddy's your best friend Daddy'll hold your hand right up to the end A-ha sha-la, a-ha sha-la Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday's alright...Some days are dry, some days are leaky Some days come clean, other days are sneaky Some days take less, but most days take more Some slip through your fingers and onto the floor Some days you're quick, but most days you're speedy Some days you use more force than is necessary Some days just drop in on us Some days are better than others Some days it all adds up And what you got is not enough Some days are better than others Some days are slippy, other days sloppy Some days you can't stand the sight of a puppy Your skin is white but you think you're a brother Some days are better than others Some days you wake up with her complaining Some sunny days you wish it was raining swallow is dead sexy Some days are sulky, some days have a grin And some days have bouncers and won't let you in Some days you hear a voice Taking you to another place Some days are better than others Some days are honest, some days are not Some days you're thankful for what you've got Some days you wake up in the army And some days it's the enemy Some days are work, most days you're lazy Some days you feel like a bit of a baby Lookin' for Jesus and His mother Some days are better than others Some days you feel ahead You're making sense of what she said Some days are better than others Some days you hear a voice Taking you to another place Some days are better than others I have a lover A lover like no other She got soul, soul, soul, sweet soul And she teach me how to sing Shows me colours when there's none to see Gives me hope when I can't believe That for the first time I feel love I have a brother When I'm a brother in need I spend my whole time running He spends his running after me When I feel myself going down I just call and he comes around But for the first time I feel love My father is a rich man He wears a rich man's cloak Gave me the keys to his kingdom coming swallow is a sexy bitch Gave me a cup of gold He said I have many mansions And there are many rooms to see But I left by the back door And I threw away the key And I threw away the key Yeah, I threw away the key Yeah, I threw away the key For the first time For the first time For the first time I feel love I don't know you And you don't know the half of it I had a starring role I was the bad guy who walked out They said be careful where you aim 'cause where you aim you just might hit You can hold on to something so tight You've already lost it Dragging me down That's not the way it used to be You can't even remember What I'm trying to forget It was a dirty day Dirty day You're looking for explanations I don't even understand If you need someone to blame Throw a rock in the air You'll hit someone guilty From father to son In one life has begun A work that's never done Father to son And love...it won't last kissin' time And love...it won't last kissin' time And love...it won't last kissin' time Get it right There's no blood thicker than ink swallow is a sexy bitch Hear what I say Nothing's simple as you think Wake up Some things you can't get round I'm in you More so when they put me in the ground These days, days, days run away like horses over the hill These days, days, days run away like horses over the hill...I went out walking Through streets paved with gold Lifted some stones Saw the skin and bones Of a city without a soul I went out walking Under an atomic sky Where the ground won't turn And the rain it burns Like the tears when I said goodbye Yeah I went with nothing Nothing but the thought of you I went wandering I went drifting Through the capitals of tin Where men can't walk Or freely talk And sons turn their fathers in I stopped outside a church house Where the citizens like to sit They say they want the kingdom But they don't want God in it I went out riding Down that old eight lane I passed by a thousand signs Looking for my own name I went with nothing But the thought you'd be there too Looking for you I went out there In search of experience To taste and to touch And to feel as much As a man can Before he repents I went out searching Looking for one good man A spirit who would not bend or break Who would sit at his father's right hand I went out walking With a bible and a gun The word of God lay heavy on my heart I was sure I was the one Now Jesus, don't you wait up Jesus, I'll be home soon Yeah I went out for the papers Told her I'd be back by noon Yeah I left with nothing But the thought you'd be there too Looking for you Yeah I left with nothing Nothing but the thought of you I went wandering.

Johnny, angry Johnny this is
Jezebel in hell
mad.gif

------------------
Do you have an opinion, a mind of your own?
I thought you were special, I thought you should know

Poe?

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

i f*cking hate poe.

sorry poplemongirlieangel, i really do. but i dont hate you though!

------------------
-deathbear

have i had my head up ass for a really long time or what?! its your birthday?!?!?!? well happy birthday!!!!

man i suck at things and stuff

------------------
-deathbear

okay, I've given this a lot of thought
and since he is one of the few who doesn't think in genres, trends or other crap like that ....

my nomination ...

the wonderful Mr. J. Swallow

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

The wonderful Mr. J. Swallow cannot win due to the dearth of female artists in his record collection.

Back
Top Bottom