Who here does not own an iPod?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have one but I would if there wasn't a U2 tour coming up. The price of an iPod is the price I'd spend on a plane ticket and hotel stay for a weekend to go to a concert. :shrug: A weekend away from home and seeing U2 live is way more important to me right now. I'll get one eventually.

I have one, and it's great, but I don't use it all the time. Usually when I listen to music, I'm either at home or in the car, and both those spots have stereos.

It *is* nice to be able to listen to U2 while snowboarding, though. ;)

I do not and do not plan to buy one. I am poor and have 3 kids and cannot afford such fun toys for myself. I didn't even consider it.

My dad gave me a 40 GB (newest model) for Christmas. Totally unexpected, considering it cost $400! I didn't really care before one way or another whether I owned an iPod, but now that I do I'm in love. These things are so amazing...

No, dont own one. I'm still on dial up so what would be the point? I also dont like mp3 sourced material either. The only thing that could push me to buy one is if I go DSL or cable next year and the only way I will do that is if U2 does official bootlegs and they only way to get them is download them. THEN I will consider buying an IPOD. Otherwise, no thank you.

Is $400 not a lot of money to you guys? That's like my 2 week grocery and gas budget, I couldn't even image buying one item with it.

pretty much everyone i know and their brother got one for xmas

now im glad i dont have one, i like to be anti-trendy

U2Kitten said:
Is $400 not a lot of money to you guys? That's like my 2 week grocery and gas budget, I couldn't even image buying one item with it.

Yeah, no kidding. To me, $400 = two months rent and a bit leftover for food. I don't think my parents have ever spent even CLOSE to that amount just for my present since paying the hospital bill for my birth!

I don't know why ipods are so expensive anyway. You can get huge hard drives for less than $100 and that's basically what the ipod is - a hard drive for music.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Yeah, no kidding. To me, $400 = two months rent and a bit leftover for food. I don't think my parents have ever spent even CLOSE to that amount just for my present since paying the hospital bill for my birth!

I don't spend $400 on total Christmas shopping bill, must be nice to be able to blow that on one gift and still have other stuff :tsk:

U2Kitten said:

it's a ton of money to me too but I do save to travel every few months. I've even taken up short term weekend jobs just to make enough for a plane ticket. So I guess I'd sacrifice a trip to get an iPod....if I really had to have one and U2 was not going on tour. But U2 is going on tour and I have no desire for anything U2 right now other than to see them live.

I get out of town every couple months too, I have to or I'd go crazy and die here. I find a motel in the mountains for like $40 bucks a night and eat out at a cheap place. It breaks the monotony of life and keeps me going!

And yes, for that price you could see a couple shows, that's what I want anyway!

I'd rather have trips and concerts than 'stuff' anyway I guess.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

$400 is a TON of money to me. I cut all of my "fun" spending to start socking away money for my iPod...but it was still gonna take me awhile. My family bought one for me though.

Yeah, no kidding. To me, $400 = two months rent and a bit leftover for food.

Where I live you can't even rent a university student ROOM in a cockroach infested rotting house for $400 a month, much less have $400 pay for 2 months rent + food. So it's all relative - $400 isn't all that much money to me.

Don't have one. Don't want one. Overall, I'm not all that into gadgets anyway.

anitram said:

Where I live you can't even rent a university student ROOM in a cockroach infested rotting house for $400 a month, much less have $400 pay for 2 months rent + food. So it's all relative - $400 isn't all that much money to me.

Oh, yeah, I meant for just my room. The half of the house we use is $875/month and we pay the utilities as well (not sure what the other half goes for). Our rent per person is going way down b/c we're getting a fifth person even though our city zoning law only permits a maximum of 4 non-related persons. Shhh, don't tell the landlady! The school's housing is about $600/person per month to share a 2 person dorm room and more like $800/person per month for a 4-5 person apartment with two bedrooms. I'll take living in the shit hole thanks!

They're wonderful machines. Fill it up, play it on random, and it's like listening to a radio station run by YOU! Hook it up in the car, to your stereo, or with headphones. It makes your entire music collection more accesible.

Does anyone else not like the colors? :reject: If I ever get an iPod, I'd get a regualr white one or maybe a blue mini, unless they come out with a color I like more.

Does anyone else not like the colors? :reject: If I ever get an iPod, I'd get a regualr white one or maybe a blue mini, unless they come out with a color I like more.

An iPod only comes in white (except the U2 black one).

The minis have a multitude of colours.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
What is the difference between the mini and the regular iPod?

Size and storage capability.

A mini only stores 4 GB. A 4th generation iPod stores either 20 GB or 40 GB. That's why the mini is somewhat smaller. It comes in metallic colours and it's got sharper lines (ie. corners aren't smoothed out).

anitram said:

An iPod only comes in white (except the U2 black one).

The minis have a multitude of colours.

Yeah, I know. What I meant was, I think the U2 black/red is ugly. I love the white ones and some of the mini colors (blue, maybe silver).

Iris, the mini is basically smaller and comes in pastel colors. The regular ones are larger (some hold more files) and are all white.

Yeah, I know. What I meant was, I think the U2 black/red is ugly.

Oh, I totally agree. I think it's a hideous design. The white is classic.

Back
Top Bottom