Who has heard of Godspeed, You Black Emperor! and do you like them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foray

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I thought of posting this in YIWUSAL, but Godspeed does too much radiohead-bashing anyway. I really like their latest stuff. Will post more later...

foray

*lifts skinny fists like antennas to heaven*

I like them. Ive heard a few songs on my local station, KEXP. They are on my list of albums to aquire, especially now that they have the foray seal of approval.

------------------
We plants are happy plants.

Lift your skinny fists like antennaes to heaven is a great album! Especially the 2nd disc.

Question, though: do you get tired or sceptical about Godspeed's purist stance i.e they never use Xerox machines cos they are owned by a big corporate company. They always send their album cover sleeves to small printing companies, and hand-fold each one. They accuse Radiohead of being hypocrites because for all Radiohead's lashing out at big corporate fish, Radiohead can't escape the fact that they are a big corporate machine themselves (for eg, have you seen the prices on their merchandise?). Things like that.

Also, they don't release their surnames because they don't want the artists to taint the music. They also refuse to have their photos taken, or be interviewed.

foray

Originally posted by foray:
Also, they don't release their surnames because they don't want the artists to taint the music. They also refuse to have their photos taken, or be interviewed.
I guess it works for them in selling more records
even/especially critics like shit like that

I heard some of their music
it is good, but I don't really get in to it that much

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Back
Top Bottom