Who else would do this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura M

Blue Crack Addict
TV star's baby handed to gorillas

Television presenter Donna Air and her zoo-owner boyfriend Damian Aspinall intend to place their daughter in the care of a gorilla.
The couple plan to put Freya, who was born in September, in the gorilla enclosure at Howletts Zoo near Canterbury, Kent.

They will then let her be carried off by the female of the group.

Neither parent has any qualms about letting their daughter be taken off despite five keepers being killed by animals at Howletts and its sister park, Port Lympne, since 1980.

Mr Aspinall told the Evening Standard: "It is a ritual. I'll probably give her to the dominant female who will take her off and introduce her to the others."

The multi-millionaire said his two other daughters, Clary, 11, and Tansy, 14, had also been introduced to the gorillas at the zoo in the same way.

Both he and Miss Air approve of the plan and do not believe their daughter will be in any danger.

He said: "Why would I not trust them? I know them, I grew up with them. They are my friends."

Mr Aspinall took over running Howletts when his father, who encouraged close contact between animals and their keepers, died.

Since 1980 three keepers have been killed by tigers and two crushed to death by elephants at the two zoos.

But gorillas are known for their gentle treatment of babies and children.

Miss Air and Mr Aspinall have been together for more than two years and recently made a documentary together about releasing gorillas into the wild in Africa.

bbc.co.uk

who else would do this? why that's simple...

celebrity3j.jpg

omg i would never do that :| what if they dropped the kid or something :eek:

besides Donna Air's not the brightest bulb in the pack anyway, she once asked The Corrs how they met! on live television!!! :laugh:

~fairy_girl~ said:

besides Donna Air's not the brightest bulb in the pack anyway, she once asked The Corrs how they met! on live television!!! :laugh:

:banghead:

How is giving a little baby into gorillas "care" a good idea? Never mind dropping her, they could easily kill her!

:lol: Headache in a suitcase, I thought of that very same person!

Lara Mullen said:

*Is hearing the music for the NBC station right now...*

That was funny, nbcrusader. :).

As for this story...:huh: :shrug:...go figure.

The article did say that gorillas were known to be gentle in their treatment of babies...so I don't think the danger is that big.

But they just gave their child away like that?

'Kay...

Weird story.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom