Who else thinks the Jedi Council was a SCAM?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LastEdgeOnEarth

The Fly
Forget what little Ani did for a minute. The fact that they held him back from the minute he arrived just becuase he was cold and missed his mom was b.s.

Yoda was arrogant
Obi-Wan was pretentious
Mace was just a jerk

Qui-Gonn was the only who was hip...thats why was the first Jedi to learn the path to immortality!

Ani and the Republic got jipped by the Jedi man! Sure, Palps was an evil Sith Lord, but if the Jedi Council had done their job a little better, they could have ousted him and prevented the whole stinkin mess!
C'mon, Yoda goes 1 on 1 into battle with Palps? He didn't have a prayer, but Palps was right...Yoda's arrogance DID blind him.

If they really wanted to save the republic, Yoda would have asked Obi to help him take out Palps, then they could have dealt with Ani together afterward. Lame-O, man!

Well, Qui-Gon wasn't right, because Anakin arguably caused the demise of the Republic. If it wasn't for him, would Palps have been able to seize power so easily?

Children with high midiclorian counts are taken from their parents early on, before they create strong emotional attachments. Anakin came in with so much baggage, he was bound to go bad regardless.

The Jedi Council was surely arrogant themselves and blind to what was going on, but I don't know that I'd implicate Obi-Wan. He argued with Qui-Gon about Anakin's training, but it does seem rather rash to bring him before the Council and INSIST that he be sped through the process just because of some prophesy.

tpm_991.jpg

Man, I haven't written that geeky of a post in a while.

Last edited:
lazarus said:

Man, I haven't written that geeky of a post in a while.

Yeah me neither...just in the modd for some GEEKdom.

But I disagree with you.

I have alot of animosity toward the Council these days. It may pass in time, but I'm fuming right now.

It's all a moot point because "little" Anakin ended up owning Palps and redeeming himself, thus setting everything right in the Galaxy and sparking the largest incestual/Ewok dance-rave orgy in the history of the universe.

I'm not sure if that redemption was worth the lives of all the Jedi, all the inhabitants of Alderaan, and all the other people that died in the interim.

Killing Palps was the least he could do to make up for it.

Also, just stumbled across this while looking for a pic, quite possibly one of the geekiest web pages I've ever seen:

http://theforce.net/swtc/injuries.html

lazarus said:
I'm not sure if that redemption was worth the lives of all the Jedi, all the inhabitants of Alderaan, and all the other people that died in the interim.

Killing Palps was the least he could do to make up for it.

Good point.

And those two websites you guys posted are insane.

I actually spent about 60 seconds looking at the one you posted LemonMacPhisto...and now I really, really need a cigarette.

And PLEBANs are acused of being obsessed???? They've got nothing on the hardcore SW people. :eyebrow:

BluRmGrl said:
And PLEBANs are acused of being obsessed???? They've got nothing on the hardcore SW people. :eyebrow:

You think that's bad, check out some Star Trek sites. Trekkies put the Star Wars nerds to shame.

LemonMacPhisto said:

It's kind of good to know that however obsessed you become, you will never be as pathetic as that guy.

Geek snobbery FTW.

Of course, I should mention I was considering doing a concurrent LOTR/SW saga marathon in my house, but it was meant to be more of a party thing where people could go back and forth from room to room to see their favorite moments.

I think Mace Windu was only a jerk cause he had to keep the council in line, he was on the council with ki-Adi-mundi who was a lousy judge of character, Count Dooku a political idealist? yeah good call on that one.
Windu was a diplomat by nature, but when Kenobi revealed the separatists were gearing up for war, he realized that time for negotiations had passed. He had to be the hard ass. His concern was obviously justified.

As far as Anakin being the prophecy, it is true, they had to go thru a few things to get there but in the end he did bring balance to the force. And the day after the battle of endor Luke took the alliance to the Bakura System to find other force sensitive beings. And started a new Jedi academy thus returning the Jedi order to the galaxy.

DeadMansParty said:
I think Mace Windu was only a jerk cause he had to keep the council in line, he was on the council with ki-Adi-mundi who was a lousy judge of character, Count Dooku a political idealist? yeah good call on that one.
Windu was a diplomat by nature, but when Kenobi revealed the separatists were gearing up for war, he realized that time for negotiations had passed. He had to be the hard ass. His concern was obviously justified.

As far as Anakin being the prophecy, it is true, they had to go thru a few things to get there but in the end he did bring balance to the force. And the day after the battle of endor Luke took the alliance to the Bakura System to find other force sensitive beings. And started a new Jedi academy thus returning the Jedi order to the galaxy.

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

i dunno. mace windu was a dickwad from his very first scene and continued that way through the prequels. hard to imagine him not as a dickwad. :shrug:

DeadMansParty said:
I think Mace Windu was only a jerk cause he had to keep the council in line,

I think it has to do with the fact he can't get laid. It's against the code. He was just stressed from the war and realizing how bad killing Jango Fett was. :huh:

lazarus said:
This party's over.

Black_MaceWindu.jpg

I fucking love his scream when he loses his hand.

It's the same sound he makes when that shark eats him in Deep Blue Sea.

What I always find funny is how quickly Anakin goes bad in Revenge of the Sith.

One minute, he's in shock about how he just led to Mace Windu's death.

The next minute, he basically going, "Kill some Jedi kids? Sounds good, Master!"

I think this video sums it up nicely.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lXwU-7qLNIo

I don't think the conversion was handled perfectly, as Hayden Christiansen isn't good enough of an actor for what was required, but it's not as though Anakin was perfectly stable in the past. I thought Lucas did a good job of slowly building his resistance to authority (namely the Jedi code) and tendency to be a loose cannon. He slaughtered a tribe of Tusken Raiders in Clones, including women and children. That's pretty hardcore.

The guy was on an emotional high wire, and someone with Palpatine's influence and power could easily manipulate that into something dangerous. Anakin's sole concern was saving Padme's life, and was willing to do WHATEVER he had to towards that end. It's shaky, but not totally unbelievable.

I agree with Laz there. The only real flaw with his turn to the DS, was in Hayden's sub-par acting talents. A greater actor could have make the scene work much better.

Lancemc said:
I agree with Laz there. The only real flaw with his turn to the DS, was in Hayden's sub-par acting talents. A greater actor could have make the scene work much better.

Ding Ding Ding

I would've loved that movie sooo much more if Ani had been played by almost ANYONE else (though I do really like the third movie)

But I Think there's a reason I've only been able to put up with Attack of the Clones one time all the way through...

Lancemc said:

Apparently Christian Bale was being considered for Anakin in '01. How much would that have pwned?

Back
Top Bottom