Who do you like better? Led Zeppelin v. The Who

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

socalu2fan

Another tough one for me. While the Who have some awesome songs and Who's Next is one of the greatest albums of all time I have to go with Zeppelin.

Zep all the way baby! I love the Who, but I can't listen to them constantly and for long periods of time. Zep, though... I go on Zeppelin binges. I bust out my Complete Recordings and just listen to them all day.

The Who was my favorite band until I heard a little Irish quartet called U2 in the early 80's, so I'd have to chose The Who. Zep rocks of course, but The Who will always be one of my all time favorites.

Zeppelin - perfect chance to try out my new sig!

------------------
Many is a word that only leaves you guessing
Guessing 'bout a thing you really oughta know

whole lotta love , that riff shakes my blood.
but the who, all the way.

------------------
"all of us are in the gutter, but some of us look to the stars" (oscar wilde)

They are both great and I grew up with them both, the song that I used to love the most when my Dad would play Led Zep III was Gallows Pole- great song, but I am going with the Who on this one........so, so, so many great songs and what a line up, fave songs........

Pictures of Lilly
Wont get fooled again
My generation
Fave album= The Who Sell Out, very funny album
smile.gif
, with great songs like I can see for miles on it, and a great album cover, I think it is Roger Daltrey who is immersed in a bathtub full of baked beans
smile.gif

I would have to say the Who, even though Pete Townshend forgot how to write songs after 1973, however. Before that, though, the Who made several classic albums: Sell Out, Tommy, Who's Next (one of the all-timers) and Quadrophenia. Roger Daltrey is arguably the best lead singer of all time...except for Bono, of course.

Led Zeppelin have their share of classics too, but I find that I like their individual songs better than the albums. Their greatest hits discs are excellent, though.

------------------
"Are you saying Boo, or are you saying Boo-urns?"
"Actually, I was saying Boo-ono."

For me, no question, Led Zeppelin. The Who don't do much for me, though they have a few songs I would agree are great. I think my favourite Zep album might be III. I also love IV and Physical Graffitti very much.

Over the Hills...is one of their best ever songs and one of the few things I can play on my guitar!

------------------
A place that has to be believed to be seen...

ZEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

every one knows jimmy page is 100% better than pete,
if you think pete is better get your head checked!

pete was more of an animal on stage ill give him that but he cant play lead guitar like page!

led zeppelin all the way even if you dont like zep they are 100% better than the who!

i like zep... and i respect their ability... page is deffinetly a better technical guitar player than townshend... i just think the who's songs as a whole are better than zep's. obviously stairway and rock and roll and kashmir are some of the greatest songs ever written... i just feel that the who's catalogue is stronger. quantity over quality i guess. it's easier for the who to have more catchy tunes though, seeing as they aren't rock and roll but are actually pop/rock :wink:

cross thread sarcasm :up:

led aeppelin ..
baby im gonna leave you.
dazed and confused.
whole lotta love.
since ive been loving you(page plays the shit out of his guitar live:drool: )
black dog.
Rock&Roll.
and the mother off all rock songs stairway to heaven.
this is just some of the hits on led zeppelin early days.

yp page is a better guitar player than pete and edge(hell edge does not even play any blues) so he aint even in the same league as page.

Last edited:
I sometimes get in Who moods. I favor their live stuff the best.
My fave albums by them are "Who's Next" and"Live At Leeds,"
"Quadrophenia" is also very cool. Guess I like their late 60s and
early 70s stuff the best.
Hmm......if I have to pick who I like the most, it will have to
be Zep! :)

Love them both but have to go with Zeppelin as I think they are THE greatest band ever.

ghost threads spook me :uhoh: Hi Candy's room, wherever you are :wave:

Back
Top Bottom