Who do you like better: Beatles or Stones?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

socalu2fan

This is a tough one. But I have to go with the Beatles.

This is a tough one, but I'm gonna have to go with the Stones only because I've seen them live and they were awesome and the Beatles were a little (but not too much) before my time.

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way. Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono - Houston, Texas 4-2-01

I used to loathe the stones, but the more I listen, the more I enjoy. But I think they've gotten stale, whereas the Beatles only made records for 10 or so years, and everything they made was fresh. So, it's a tie for me. The Stones have select works I enjoy more, but the Beatles I enjoy everything, only slightly less.

10 BEATLES
08 Stones
-0 <New music!!!...i hate dance/jungle//whatever the hell you want to call it...its soo bad i can break the laws if math and make - zero
biggrin.gif
(also some of that new "alternative" stuff is pure crap..i like some..but not alot)

[This message has been edited by BLOCK (edited 07-31-2001).]

Originally posted by BLOCK:

-0 <New music!!!...i hate dance/jungle//whatever the hell you want to call it...its soo bad i can break the laws if math and make - zero

Don't hold back, Block...tell us what you really think ~
wink.gif

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way. Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono - Houston, Texas 4-2-01

I'll have to say the Stones.

I grew up on them, I've seen them live, I think Mick Jagger is one sexy bitch. (I AM JOKING, only for the last part.)

biggrin.gif

------------------
"Enough of this video bullsh**, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry, ZooTv Era

"If I could stay...then the night would give you up."

~April~

Rolling Stones! I got to see them in concert twice, and they put on an awesome show, especially considering that they are gettin' farther up there in years.

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

This is really tough...Really, really tough !

I would have to go with The Beatles. I guess their songs have touched me more. Also I would rather meet a Beatle than a Rolling Stone. They seem friendlier !

biggrin.gif

------------------
She had heaven
And she held on so tight

***Check out my webpage: Pics of U2, Ewan McGregor, Kate Winslet and much more***
http://community.webshots.com/user/leyloo20

The Beatles...the Stones have done themselves damage by hanging on like they have imo...anyways ive seen plenty of Stones albums on sale at a discount price...that NEVER happens with the Beatles hehe

Originally posted by brettig:
The Beatles...the Stones have done themselves damage by hanging on like they have imo

I'm glad that they have or I would have missed out on some good shows! My parents took me to see The Stones on their last two tours (Bridges to Babylon and No Security), and those would have been the greatest concerts ever...if I hadn't seen U2 ever.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

This is really, really hard, I grew up with the Beatles more so than the Stones and have probably only just in later life found myself appreciating the Stones.......I think I know more of the Beatles stuff, man this is hard, but I love the Stones, their image, Keef, Jagger, they are very cool, but then there is the Beatles,,,,,,,,,,,hhhhmmmm I DONT KNOW!!!!!!!!!CANT DO IT>>>>>>>>>>>

anyway fave 'obscure' songs from each...

Beatles= Being for the benefit of Mr Kite, from Sgt Peppers

Stones= 2000 light years from home, from Their Satanic Majesties Request

Beatles! I mean...who can't love that plasticine porter guy?
biggrin.gif

------------------
"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"I was in charge of this band for two days. Two days was all I lasted." -- Larry

"There's a lot of people that expect a lot of things from U2, and people will never get what they expect." -- Bono, 1982

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Naya:
This is really tough...Really, really tough !

I would have to go with The Beatles. I guess their songs have touched me more. Also I would rather meet a Beatle than a Rolling Stone. They seem friendlier !

biggrin.gif

But you could have a U2 discussion with Mick Jagger, George Harrison just thinks their pretentious crap.

The Beatles, in a no-brainer. THE most original and influential band of all time. I agree with Brettig that the Stones hurt their legacy by hanging around too long.

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
But you could have a U2 discussion with Mick Jagger, George Harrison just thinks their pretentious crap.

Just George Harrison, though...who knows what Ringo and Paul think. Charlie Watts, the Stones drummer, thinks rock music is rubbish anyways, so he's probably not a big U2 fan either.

------------------
"Are you saying Boo, or are you saying Boo-urns?"
"Actually, I was saying Boo-ono."

I know little of the music of either of those bands, but I'll say Beatles because I generally tend to like their music better.

The Stones b/c they are my favorite band ever next to u2. Yes there is room at the tip of my heart for more than 1 band. I own just as much Stones records as U2 records and can sing along with every tune they've ever written from a to z. And thats not just words but also music sounds.

------------------
~stadtmueller

i'm gonna go with the stones. they made some cool music.
haven't been able to stomach enough beatles music to have an opinion on them...

------------------
have a nice day! ;)
-------
"are you serious? do you really care what peanut butter i prefer? are you in peanut butter marketing or something?"
khanada

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:

And George would know about pretentious crap, wouldn't he?
smile.gif

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

Back
Top Bottom