Who do you HATE more?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who gets on your tits more?

• The person that drives too damn slowly in the left lane/fast lane

Votes: 65 90.3%
  • The person that drives too damn fast in the right lane/slow lane

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Which one of these two characters makes you wish you could go ballistic on their ass and knock 'em off the roadways?

a. The person that drives too damn slowly in the left lane/fast lane?

OR

b. The person that drives too damn fast in the right lane/slow lane?

People that drive too slowly in the fast lane and hold up traffic annoy me so much, it's not even funny! I get violent with my steering wheel! If you don't have the balls to be in the left lane, get the fuck out and let someone else pass! :mad:

Shit! :angry:

well if the slow people would sitck to the right lane, than the fast people wouldnt have to go over there

Chizip said:
well if the slow people would sitck to the right lane, than the fast people wouldnt have to go over there

Good point. It's really those slow bastards that are worse!

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
How about hate for the jackass that will not pass you and stays in your blindspot therefore not allowing you to get into the next lane because jackass in front is clogging up traffic. :happy:

Oh my God! Yes!!! :|

Just today I was driving back from work and I was in the left lane with traffic moving slowly in front. Tons of space in the right lane and this guy is in my right rear blind spot and neither speeding up in front of me nor slowing down so I can get in! :rant:

Chizip said:

That is the way it's supposed to be!

I get so peeved at those slow idiots who take their damn time changing lanes, especially the ones who put on their brakes before or while they are changing lanes! Morons! :banghead:

I hate:

-the driver who turns left thinking they are on a race course and ends up cutting off the intersection as you head towards it. Instead of making a true left turn, they cut of the apex which forces oncoming cars to stop before they even reach the intersection

-the driver who after driving slow as crap suddenly decides to start racing you because they don't want to be passed

-the driver who brakes all the way down the hill and then guns the gas going up the hill

-the driver who doesn't just drive slowly in the left lane but decides to stay there

-the driver with the 10 ton trailer dragging behind them using up the entire passing lane to pass another slow moving vehicle just as the passing lane ends. Resulting in everyone being stuck behind both vehicles for another 10km before the next passing lane. This results in risky and aggressive driving by other drivers. Look in your mirror, if you see 10 cars behind you and 5 of them are Porsches, get the hell out of the way, jeez

- the driver blabbing on the cell phone instead of paying attention to the road

- the driver who as a result of the other crappy drivers turns aggressive and weaves in and out of traffic in an effort to get to their destination 3 minutes faster than you

- of course, the tailgater and the high-beamer

I'm sure there are more bad driving habits which piss me off but that's a good start.
:wink:

Zootlesque said:
OMG trevster! :laugh:

Awesome post! :bow:

Thanks Zoo, I have driven across Canada from British Columbia to Newfoundland 5 times along with mucho other driving so I have seen my share of annoying drivers in all kinds of conditions.

But I have come up with a driving game simulation on my trips which make me feel a bit better. My drives are like a race.

Anytime traffic is stopped due to construction or an accident, it is same thing as a yellow flag. The trick is to be the first car at the stop area which helps you get back the lead.

Whenever I get gas or a bite to eat, it's a pitstop. The trick is to be efficient and get back on the road before any of the slugasses pass you by and you have to pass them again.

Also, after all my driving, I came to the realization that when you are in a line of traffic, it's over, there is no point in risking your life trying to hop over a string of 10-20 cars on a two-way road or in heavy traffic on the freeway. Just kick in some good tunes, relax and enjoy the drive.

there isn't an option for trucks here. they give me high blood pressure. i hate hate HATE it when one truck cuts you off and gets into the left lane to pass another truck b/c they are soooooo impatient. then, once in the other lane, they start driving just as slow because, OOPS, didn't realize the truck in front was going UPHILL. now both trucks are goilg half the speed limit as they struggle uphill, mean while the cars behind me almost hit me b/c they are not paying attention.

i have a 5 hour drive on one of the most deadly highways in the u.s. today. :angry:

I hate the people who drive faster than me in the fast lane. I'm already doing 15-25 over the speed limit (just like everyone else around here), so wtf is THEIR hurry? SHEESH!

MrBrau1 said:
You're in Jersey.

Everyone in Jersey drives like a shithead.

HAHA. So true.

How about hate for the jackass that will not pass you and stays in your blindspot therefore not allowing you to get into the next lane because jackass in front is clogging up traffic.

Yes! The annoy the shit outta me.

Fast people in the right lane don't bother me because I understand they are just trying to get around the douche in the left lane. But you gotta be careful driving fast in the right lane cause of all the people merging in. It seems some people just merge with barely a glance to see if anyone is coming.

The too slow people. People that drive too fast will get their come-upance. Also, you can just drive slower to prove a point so they will eventually move into the fast lane and pass. And like Chip said, if people would drive like NORMAL, the fast people would go in the fast lane.

I can't STAND people driving slow. Our busiest street, M-11/28th St, has a speed limit of 45 and people chronically drive 35 or under in all lanes. This is with NO traffic, NO weather, etc. Consequently, you have to always be starting a stopping, because the lights on our busiest streets are designed so that if you are going the speed limit and the traffic isn't too terrible, you'll always hit it green. If you drive 15 under, it screws up the rhythm.

Also, I hate it when people take like 10 seconds to start getting up to speed after the light turns green. I've been to the next closest big city a lot, Chicago, and they don't seem to have this problem. By the time their lights are green, people are already starting to go. No, not here. People wait 5 seconds before they're like "oh, yeah, the light....", then slooooooooowly inch along so that by the time they're up to speed, they start coasting to a stop (grrrrr) for the next light, which they would've made if they knew how to drive.

clarityat3am said:
I hate the people who drive faster than me in the fast lane. I'm already doing 15-25 over the speed limit (just like everyone else around here), so wtf is THEIR hurry? SHEESH!

yeah... :angry:

and they "lift the lights" to tell you "move over"... to HELL with them

I hate even more (just because they're stupid) people that drive with the lights on IN THE DAY... morons :grumpy:

pepokiss said:

yeah... :angry:

and they "lift the lights" to tell you "move over"... to HELL with them

I hate even more (just because they're stupid) people that drive with the lights on IN THE DAY... morons :grumpy:

I think some cars are preset to have lights on though, aren't they? I dunno, my car isn't one of them, but I thought that was the excuse someone gave me when I asked.

pepokiss said:

:eyebrow: People wanting to avoid accidents? How stupid of them :rolleyes: In some places it's the LAW to have lights on in the day unless it's perfectly sunny, which in these places it's not.

I voted for the slow people in the left lane. I get real:mad:

What I hate even more is the people on the highway who break for no reason and do it often. I really want to do something harmful to them. I know it's wrong, but it's my biggest pet peeve while driving.

pepokiss said:

In Canada, every car purchased for the past 10 years has daytime running lights. It's the law. It helps makes a vehicle more visible when approaching it. A safety feature.FYI.

Years ago I saw an interview with the actor Richard Harris by David Letterman. He was discussing driving and commented on being stuck behind another vehicle at a green light. He said he got out, walked up to the car, tapped on the window and in his rich accent said "Excuse me, are you waiting for a particular shade of green?"

pepokiss said:

Yeah, really stupid. And so much more intelligent to not being able to see another car because it has a dark colour and is in the shadow the moment you want to enter the track. Really intelligent because I only saw in the very last second that a car came out the shadow which I would've seen earlier if it had lights on.

On 100km you need about 0.6l more fuel driving with lights. New cars have special day lights which even use less fuel. But it's worth every single cent considering that people could oversee you because a dark car and a dark shadow make for a good hiding place.

I voted for the slow drivers in the left lane.
I don't know about the rules in other countries, but here in Germany it's not allowed to drive faster in the right lane than in the left lane. So it doesn't happen too often.

More and more parts of the autobahn get six lanes, i.e. three in each direction.
Some people don't understand the meaning of the middle lane and drive very slowly on that lane for hours.

By the way, in Denmark, where light at day is mandatory, the number of accidents has decreased by about 10 percent after it got introduced.

Last edited:
Vincent Vega said:

I voted for the slow drivers in the left lane.
I don't know about the rules in other countries, but here in Germany it's not allowed to drive faster in the right lane than in the left lane. So it doesn't happen too often.

Technically, we cannot use the right lane to pass a car in the left lane.

The only thing that really pisses me off is people talking on cell phones while driving, especially in parking lots! :mad:

The thing that annoys me are the people who drive 40mph on a 60mph road then when you enter a 30mph zone carry on driving at 40mph! :coocoo:

And of-course tractors who despite passing three laybys think it's highly amusing to cause 6 mile tailbacks on a main road! (maybe they like convoys? :shrug: )

And as for people talking on mobile phones :throttle: I remember watching one woman successfully negotiate a built-up roundabout on a wet day using just her elbows-it was rather impressive in a sort of wtf-does-she-think-she's-doing?! kind of way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom