Who do you HATE more? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Who gets on your tits more?
The person that drives too damn slowly in the left lane/fast lane 65 90.28%
The person that drives too damn fast in the right lane/slow lane 7 9.72%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2006, 06:35 AM   #16
I Serve Larry's Stick

Local Time: 07:20 AM
I hate the people who drive faster than me in the fast lane. I'm already doing 15-25 over the speed limit (just like everyone else around here), so wtf is THEIR hurry? SHEESH!

Old 11-17-2006, 07:04 AM   #17
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1
You're in Jersey.

Everyone in Jersey drives like a shithead.
HAHA. So true.

Quote:
How about hate for the jackass that will not pass you and stays in your blindspot therefore not allowing you to get into the next lane because jackass in front is clogging up traffic.
Yes! The annoy the shit outta me.

Fast people in the right lane don't bother me because I understand they are just trying to get around the douche in the left lane. But you gotta be careful driving fast in the right lane cause of all the people merging in. It seems some people just merge with barely a glance to see if anyone is coming.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:40 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

The too slow people. People that drive too fast will get their come-upance. Also, you can just drive slower to prove a point so they will eventually move into the fast lane and pass. And like Chip said, if people would drive like NORMAL, the fast people would go in the fast lane.

I can't STAND people driving slow. Our busiest street, M-11/28th St, has a speed limit of 45 and people chronically drive 35 or under in all lanes. This is with NO traffic, NO weather, etc. Consequently, you have to always be starting a stopping, because the lights on our busiest streets are designed so that if you are going the speed limit and the traffic isn't too terrible, you'll always hit it green. If you drive 15 under, it screws up the rhythm.

Also, I hate it when people take like 10 seconds to start getting up to speed after the light turns green. I've been to the next closest big city a lot, Chicago, and they don't seem to have this problem. By the time their lights are green, people are already starting to go. No, not here. People wait 5 seconds before they're like "oh, yeah, the light....", then slooooooooowly inch along so that by the time they're up to speed, they start coasting to a stop (grrrrr) for the next light, which they would've made if they knew how to drive.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:50 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by clarityat3am
I hate the people who drive faster than me in the fast lane. I'm already doing 15-25 over the speed limit (just like everyone else around here), so wtf is THEIR hurry? SHEESH!

yeah...

and they "lift the lights" to tell you "move over"... to HELL with them

I hate even more (just because they're stupid) people that drive with the lights on IN THE DAY... morons
Old 11-17-2006, 08:18 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by pepokiss

yeah...

and they "lift the lights" to tell you "move over"... to HELL with them

I hate even more (just because they're stupid) people that drive with the lights on IN THE DAY... morons
I think some cars are preset to have lights on though, aren't they? I dunno, my car isn't one of them, but I thought that was the excuse someone gave me when I asked.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:29 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

People wanting to avoid accidents? How stupid of them In some places it's the LAW to have lights on in the day unless it's perfectly sunny, which in these places it's not.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:30 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: Somewhere between The Edge, Matt Bellamy and Brian Fallon
Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
I hate:

-the driver who after driving slow as crap suddenly decides to start racing you because they don't want to be passed
SERIOUSLY!!
Old 11-17-2006, 08:48 AM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:20 PM
I hate cars in general.

Bicycles, that's the way to go
Old 11-17-2006, 09:08 AM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

I voted for the slow people in the left lane. I get real

What I hate even more is the people on the highway who break for no reason and do it often. I really want to do something harmful to them. I know it's wrong, but it's my biggest pet peeve while driving.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:14 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:50 AM
Quote:

In Canada, every car purchased for the past 10 years has daytime running lights. It's the law. It helps makes a vehicle more visible when approaching it. A safety feature.FYI.

Years ago I saw an interview with the actor Richard Harris by David Letterman. He was discussing driving and commented on being stuck behind another vehicle at a green light. He said he got out, walked up to the car, tapped on the window and in his rich accent said "Excuse me, are you waiting for a particular shade of green?"
Old 11-17-2006, 09:32 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:20 PM
Quote:

Yeah, really stupid. And so much more intelligent to not being able to see another car because it has a dark colour and is in the shadow the moment you want to enter the track. Really intelligent because I only saw in the very last second that a car came out the shadow which I would've seen earlier if it had lights on.

On 100km you need about 0.6l more fuel driving with lights. New cars have special day lights which even use less fuel. But it's worth every single cent considering that people could oversee you because a dark car and a dark shadow make for a good hiding place.

I voted for the slow drivers in the left lane.
I don't know about the rules in other countries, but here in Germany it's not allowed to drive faster in the right lane than in the left lane. So it doesn't happen too often.

More and more parts of the autobahn get six lanes, i.e. three in each direction.
Some people don't understand the meaning of the middle lane and drive very slowly on that lane for hours.

By the way, in Denmark, where light at day is mandatory, the number of accidents has decreased by about 10 percent after it got introduced.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:34 AM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Vega

I voted for the slow drivers in the left lane.
I don't know about the rules in other countries, but here in Germany it's not allowed to drive faster in the right lane than in the left lane. So it doesn't happen too often.
Technically, we cannot use the right lane to pass a car in the left lane.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:26 AM   #28
Refugee

The only thing that really pisses me off is people talking on cell phones while driving, especially in parking lots!
Old 11-17-2006, 10:50 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:20 PM
The thing that annoys me are the people who drive 40mph on a 60mph road then when you enter a 30mph zone carry on driving at 40mph!

And of-course tractors who despite passing three laybys think it's highly amusing to cause 6 mile tailbacks on a main road! (maybe they like convoys? )

And as for people talking on mobile phones :throttle: I remember watching one woman successfully negotiate a built-up roundabout on a wet day using just her elbows-it was rather impressive in a sort of wtf-does-she-think-she's-doing?! kind of way.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:26 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

3 words. USE YOUR BLINKER!!!