Who can sing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well this should be a good topic what with this being a board sort of related to music

but who can sing?

and if so, who do they sound like?

im not the world's best singer but im more game than adam clayton

my vocal range is definitely rock though, i did a pretty good rendition of the Rolling Stones Wild Horses, mick jagger is quite easy to sing along to for me actually, i got the whole crowd rocking with You Cant Always Get What You Want. ive definitely increased in power since i just started to learn the rhythm and beats of songs, its too hard to sing like bono, but im thinking you need to be born with that certain special voice to sound like him

also is it any surprise MOST guys want to sing like Robbie Williams/ Ronan Keating? hmm i cant sing that yank tone that most judges on american idol/ popstars seem to like

oh and for the gals im pretty tired of girls that can do nothing but sing Whitney Houston's I Will Always Love You, or I Will Survive, real singing is something like Goldfrapp - Horse Tears or for someone who doesnt have the power Alanis' Ironic

I've done lots of singing...I did a ton while I was in high school, but I haven't done as much since I moved. I actually had an audition to sing in a rock band this past Friday, but I decided not to go...I wasn't really feeling the music all that much, and I think they were going to be just a cover band. I'd like to use a little more creativity. Singing is one of my favorite things.

I sang for the school cd :laugh: :reject: And i was in the senior choir 2 years before i was supposed to be

But i cant really sing :slant:

Bonochick said:
I've done lots of singing...I did a ton while I was in high school, but I haven't done as much since I moved. I actually had an audition to sing in a rock band this past Friday, but I decided not to go...I wasn't really feeling the music all that much, and I think they were going to be just a cover band. I'd like to use a little more creativity. Singing is one of my favorite things.

BC sang on my cell phone :heart: :lol:

i don't sing very well, but i was in school choir in gradeschool, and in a german children's choir before that. i haven't done much singing since then, except to myself in the car or shower :lol:

although i did get to sing one verse of "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" during elevation's performance in vegas...i was told i didn't sound too bad :lmao: :reject:

Last edited:
I sang in my high school choir, then I got away from singing for a long time. Then a few years back I started singing in church choir. I'm a soprano, but my range isn't nearly as high as some. G above middle C is about as high as I can sing comfortably.

I've never sung solos with any choir I've been in. I don't have a lot of power to my voice and all those other things you need to be a great singer. I have no illusions about my ability. I've just loved singing ever since I was a kid.

i used to sing well to any tune.

but these past few years, i'm overstressed and my voice is shot.

:|

I'm quite a good choir singer
don't really have the voice or range for a solo though

i like to sing. by myself. when nobody's listening. i sing off key cuz of my hearing loss. if i REALLY wanted to, i could probably sing a decent tune if i took voice lessons.

music does run in my family. father used to sing, play lead guitar, in a rock band, etc.

my mother sang at her church. before that she used to sing alot to herself or when with the band. back in the days she sounded very much like ann wilson from heart.

Yeah I sing, not with any bands at the mo though.
I record my own stuff on the comp...someone told me I sounded a bit like Joan Osborne :ohmy: which, if true, then I'll take as a huge compliment :)
I need a new mic *sigh* the other one broke a while ago :tsk:

I can sing, my vocal range is very close to Anthony Kiedis?s vocal range. I can sing every Red Hot song very well - what I can?t do with U2 songs, or Tori Amos songs, or songs of artists which vocal range goes hiiiiiiiiiigh

I like to sing, it makes me feel good usually.
Not too sure how anyone else may feel. My voice has definitely weakened since I turned 40:( so enjoy it while you can musiclovers...it leaves you baby if you don't care for it.
I love the human voice, it's wondrous
bono-vox:heart:

lol....

That would be Madonna.....it's the Michigan/Bay City accent agghhhh...lol...where is that coldplay loving DB????Hey....you know...I think I could do that tune now....lol

i can sing when i'm drunk... baisicly 'cause i don't care who's listening. honestly... i've been complimented on my singing when i do like kareoke or something when i'm half in the can... but people run and hide in horror if i sing in public when i'm sober.

then there's the car... where i must look like a complete and utter asshole to anyone looking in at me at a traffic light or somethin

ABEL said:

BC sang on my cell phone :heart: :lol:

Zoney called me and sang to me at work :up:

Erm ... I can sing ... not pop music though. I have sung in choirs and studied voice with a teacher--more opera/classical style singing.

I want to get back into it so I can get into theatre and other groups like the Milwaukee Symphony Chorus.

Back
Top Bottom