Who are your heroes ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PrincessBadgirl said:
Bridget Jones is my fictional hero. But it's a close tie with Beatrix Kiddo, how can anyone not think Beatrix is a hero? :heart:

Arnold schwarzenegger is my real life hero, maybe the line between fictional and real is hard to draw with him- I mean Arnold = Terminator, Terminator = Arnold but I believe the fact that he became governor and is possibly eyeing presidency makes him a hero. To me anyway. Believe in the impossible.

is your avatar a picture of gambit?

daafish said:
Thought so, the cajun looked familar. used to collect comics long ago.

Well, I generally love art so I collect comics myself. My latest buy was an Alex Ross 2005 calender, the art is beautiful as his art always is. I don't think he's ever drawn Gambit though, that would be nice.

Well, I can't just choose one. :madspit:

In no real order:

Real
- my parents
- Jesus
- Nelson Mandela
- Bono (and the rest of the lads, of course)
- Guy Lafleur (God on skates)

Fictional
- Peekay from The Power of One
- Winston Smith from 1984
- Atticus from To Kill a Mockingbird
- Albus Dumbledore from Harry Potter

PrincessBadgirl said:

Well, I generally love art so I collect comics myself. My latest buy was an Alex Ross 2005 calender, the art is beautiful as his art always is. I don't think he's ever drawn Gambit though, that would be nice.

:hmm: I might have to get that calendar. I believe he has a contract with DC comics. Although, he did do the artwork both spidey movies. :shrug:

you've probably seen this site, but just in case you haven't.

http://www.alexrossart.com/

Last edited:
The people I consider heroes don´t want to be labelled like that.

However, I would include Ernesto Cardenal.

Bill, who ran the school project "La Esperanza Granada" and who died of cancer on Christmas morning, is one of my heroes too.

And numerous others; including the highly respected Sula (sulawesigirl4) from this board who is currently working in Mali.

http://www.la-esperanza-granada.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=8

"No more heroes only refugees.. there´s no more refugees only heroes" "Heroes shoot their ego and ask questions later"

Back
Top Bottom