Who are your 5 favourite drummers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jon Theodore, from The Mars Volta

He's the best drummer of the past 5 years, just hear their album "De-Loused in the Comatorium".

Lars Ulrich (i know that he's an asshole) told some magazine that when he saw Theodore play this words came to his mind: "What's just happen here?? Maybe i should retire..."

He should....

1.Keith Moon, The Who(His drumming on Bargain is some of the best I've ever heard)
2. Charlie Watts, Rolling Stones
3.Larry Mullen, U2
4. Ringo Starr, The Beatles
5.Nick Mason, Pink Floyd

1. John 'Bonzo' Bonham :drool:
2. Keith Moon
3. Larry Mullen Jr.
4. Dave Grohl
5. Tre Cool (underrated in a sea of classic drummers)

I'm going at my favourite drummers list from a different angle...and it's a really short list too. Sorry.

But my favourite drummers are:

Colin Brooks -- I saw him in this little band called Sea Ray (from Brooklyn) several times last year and he was simply wonderful to watch. He was just mesmerising...I could hardly take my eyes off him. I've never really watched a drummer before.

My other favorite drummer is Tim Powles, of The Church. Tim started working with The Church around 1994, when they were down to just two original members -- the flaky ones! -- (one of the original guys has since re-joined) and really hitting bottom. I firmly believe without Tim's skills -- as a drummer, producer, and all around steadying force -- The Church would have ceased to exist. And that, to me at least, would have been devastating. So Tim gets my favorite drummer vote. :)

You know what, fuck it, this isn't "most talented" drummers, it's favorite...

MEG WHITE

there I said it

In addition to Bonzo, Will Champion, Danny Carey, Keith Moon, Carter Beauford, and Travis Barker.

Last edited:
indra said:
My other favorite drummer is Tim Powles, of The Church. Tim started working with The Church around 1994, when they were down to just two original members -- the flaky ones! -- (one of the original guys has since re-joined) and really hitting bottom. I firmly believe without Tim's skills -- as a drummer, producer, and all around steadying force -- The Church would have ceased to exist. And that, to me at least, would have been devastating. So Tim gets my favorite drummer vote. :)
:applaud: duran duran had a member like that as well, except i don't respect the guy at all. :no:

KhanadaRhodes said:

:applaud: duran duran had a member like that as well, except i don't respect the guy at all. :no:

:ohmy: Dare I ask why not?

You know, there are actually fans who still resent Tim (and will actively snub him), because they are still loyal to Ploog. :shrug:

Ploog had this nasty habit of drumming faster and faster as the live shows progressed, which really irritated the others (and didn't do the songs justice either). Plus he had a meltdown during the Gold Afternoon Fix recording sessions and quit/was fired (which it actually was is kind of foggy), so it was probably best for everyone that he move on. But try telling that to some people. :huh:

Sorry.... back to the original topic.....

Last edited:
1) John Bonham / Led Zeppelin
2) Stewart Copeland / Police
3) Keith Moon / The Who
4) Dave Grohl / FooFighters
5) Charly Watts / Stones

actually... Dave Grohl was Nirvana drummer, now he's GUITAR player in Foo Fighters

Great to see Larry Mullen one of the favorites for most of you....
I think he is such an amazing drummer, one of the greatest ever thats for sure...

Back
Top Bottom