Who are Jack Russell Terriers named after?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
Are there any JRT owners on here? I was looking into this particular breed and really am considering getting one, so tell me what if you have any experience with them.

His name is BONO !

I have a Rat-Terrier , it's almost the same as Jack Rassel , in fact All people think that he is a jack rassel , maybe he's a mix , anyway , " it's a hell of a dog , in a small package " , he demands quite a bit , but he gives a lot too , he is a very good company , also he has a very big opinion about himself , so you gonna need some nerves to live with him , but it is fun .

BTW , they put down my Labrador ( 14 years ) on saturday cause of a very bad health , RIP .
I feel sad .

Sorry about your lab pinkfloyd, they are fine animals and loyal companions.

Jack Russell's are supposed to be tenacious little dogs, I hear they use them to track some animals. I forget exactly what, but they have to be fierce to do so. Also, they seem to be smart and loyal, though I do not know anyone that has one.

:)

As usual, I took in a poor dog needing a home

This old couple were going into an aged care home and were worried about "Russie". They told me he was a jack russell terrier. Other people said he wasn't because he had short -hair, so I'm not sure.
He was rather spoiled and naughty, he killed lizards and dug great huge holes and needed lots of re-training. He eventually got bitten by a black snake I'm afraid. The anti-venom was so expensive, he never really recovered properly and didn't live a long life. I can't have terriers here, it's too inherent in their breeding to hunt.
My neighbour's sister breeds wire-haired Parson Jack Russell's in Sydney. Apparently they are named after an English cleric.She got a pup a few years, he is very handsome. I suggested they call him Freddie, he looks like a Freddie. I like the wire-haired ones. I think there is some debate amongst breeders about exactly what is a true Jack Russell . you can get great dog books at the library usually. I have a beautiful dog book my dad gave me for Christmas 1970, I used to "paw" over it....I love dogs.I better go care for mine now eh?
Enjoy your pup when it arrives. A terrier will keep you on your toes and loved. They are fiesty and brave, lots of fun.....they all are.

Sorry about your dog too pinkfloyd. Before my neighbour had the jack russell she had a golden lab,Blinky. She had pups with my shiny black cattle dog Roy Orbison. So, cuteA long time ago now.
Big dogs, little dogs, dogs are the best.

:yes:

info info info

The Jack Russell gets its name from a man named Reverend John Russell.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom