Who am I a buddy of? - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-29-2006, 09:16 PM   #106
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Blue Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: MICHIGAN, GO BLUE!
Posts: 7,612
Local Time: 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe


Hey Blue Room! Yeah I've been a little internet reclusive for the last couple of years

I'm trying to get back in the know though... I'd love if Johnny Swallow, batesmotel et al would show up, I haven't seen an awful lot of "oldies"

I think I'm at risk of becoming a blue crack addict again... I should be studying
Glad your back. Wish I could say I took a break from here but..............
__________________

__________________
Blue Room is offline  
Old 01-29-2006, 09:19 PM   #107
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room


It was me, but I never said Discotheque wasnt worked on. I said Mofo, which can be debated, if you knew what I knew..........

Lets just say U2 as a band didnt work on it until LA on the third leg.
Okay, I'm not going to try to convince you, but I was outside the door, and I heard it clearly...the vocals, the instruments. It was less techno-y, a rougher version. Kind of Zeppelin-ish.Certainly not ready for playing to an audience. Lots of starting and stopping. They only worked on the two songs that evening, and Discotheque was first, Mofo came after. Then, the band members started trickling out about 15 minutes after the conclusion of the Mofo rehearsals.

Do I still have to put you on my list?

Seriously though it really doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but I know what I heard.
__________________

__________________
VintagePunk is online now  
Old 01-29-2006, 09:23 PM   #108
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Blue Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: MICHIGAN, GO BLUE!
Posts: 7,612
Local Time: 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk


Okay, I'm not going to try to convince you, but I was outside the door, and I heard it clearly...the vocals, the instruments. It was less techno-y, a rougher version. Kind of Zeppelin-ish.Certainly not ready for playing to an audience. Lots of starting and stopping. They only worked on the two songs that evening, and Discotheque was first, Mofo came after. Then, the band members started trickling out about 15 minutes after the conclusion of the Mofo rehearsals.

Do I still have to put you on my list?

Seriously though it really doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but I know what I heard.
Thats why I winked and put the laugh smilie on that last post. Not a big deal. You know, that seems to be the topic where people get pissed at me though. Setlists and rehearsal/soundcheck stuff.

I'm sure you heard it though (I didnt think it was done at all originally but other info I received indicated otherwise), but was it the whole band working on it or just a particular member with a tapeback playing?
__________________
Blue Room is offline  
Old 01-29-2006, 09:26 PM   #109
New Yorker
 
Achtung_Bebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Beneath the noise, below the din
Posts: 2,859
Local Time: 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk

Do I still have to put you on my list?
put him on your black list

j/k
__________________
Achtung_Bebe is offline  
Old 01-29-2006, 09:28 PM   #110
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room


Thats why I winked and put the laugh smilie on that last post. Not a big deal. You know, that seems to be the topic where people get pissed at me though. Setlists and rehearsal/soundcheck stuff.

I'm sure you heard it though (I didnt think it was done at all originally but other info I received indicated otherwise), but was it the whole band working on it or just a particular member with a tapeback playing?
I'm kinda curious about what you heard. If you are in a position to share, feel free to PM me.

Obviously, there's no way I can confirm whether or not it was a tape since I didn't see it, but given that they'd just rehearsed Discotheque as a band, that all members were still in there, and the starting/stopping points of the Mofo rehearsal, my instincts say it was full band.
__________________
VintagePunk is online now  
Old 01-29-2006, 09:29 PM   #111
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Blue Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: MICHIGAN, GO BLUE!
Posts: 7,612
Local Time: 07:51 PM
Like I said, no big deal.

and no encouraging there Achtung_Bebe!! :shakesfist:
__________________
Blue Room is offline  
Old 01-29-2006, 09:32 PM   #112
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe


put him on your black list

j/k


Nah, he seems like a good guy.
__________________
VintagePunk is online now  
Old 01-29-2006, 09:42 PM   #113
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk




Nah, he seems like a good guy.
You're my buddy but it's no use. You're always invisible it seems.

__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 01-29-2006, 09:46 PM   #114
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque


You're my buddy but it's no use. You're always invisible it seems.

I told you, it's the mysterious distance thing.

Actually, it's because I never log out of here, so if I were visible, it would look like I'm here 24/7, and I'm not. I always have a zillion windows open at once, and when I'm done in here, I just minimize them, then when I come back, I can pick up where I left off.

Does this mean we have to stop being buddies?


__________________
VintagePunk is online now  
Old 01-29-2006, 09:55 PM   #115
New Yorker
 
Achtung_Bebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Beneath the noise, below the din
Posts: 2,859
Local Time: 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk
Actually, it's because I never log out of here, so if I were visible, it would look like I'm here 24/7, and I'm not.
*notices your post count* Are you sure you aren't here 24/7?



j/k, it seems like most people go invisible, I don't myself & can often be found online at the wee hours of the night, unable to sleep.

oh and Blue Room, you can call me Bebe
__________________
Achtung_Bebe is offline  
Old 01-29-2006, 10:00 PM   #116
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe


*notices your post count* Are you sure you aren't here 24/7?
Someone else for my "list."


__________________
VintagePunk is online now  
Old 01-29-2006, 10:04 PM   #117
New Yorker
 
Achtung_Bebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Beneath the noise, below the din
Posts: 2,859
Local Time: 06:51 PM


haha, don't think I've ever been given the :madwifesmiley: before--that's worse than "the bird"!
__________________
Achtung_Bebe is offline  
Old 01-29-2006, 10:12 PM   #118
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe


haha, don't think I've ever been given the :madwifesmiley: before--that's worse than "the bird"!
I'm happy to have been your first, then.

And yeah, my post count. Mainly due to meeting a group on here who have become a really close circle of friends both here, and in real life, as well as the fact that the majority of work I have done for the past year is online, and to be perfectly honest, my main MO is to procrastinate and avoid productivity at all costs. So finding this place has worked quite nicely for me.
__________________
VintagePunk is online now  
Old 01-29-2006, 10:13 PM   #119
Blue Crack Addict
 
love_u2_adam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Heaven In Alberta, Where We Got All Hell For A Basement..
Posts: 22,307
Local Time: 06:51 PM
your all my buddy's
__________________
love_u2_adam is offline  
Old 01-29-2006, 10:36 PM   #120
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,292
Local Time: 06:51 PM
g-u-l-l-i-b-l-e



I have gone through this thread and made EVERYONE in this thread (except one person) a buddy!
__________________

__________________
zoney! is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com