Whitney Houston files for divorce!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
It's about goddamn time.

from dlisted.com

We saw this one coming!

Access Hollywood has learned from a source close to Whitney Houston that the star has filed for a legal separation from her long-time husband Bobby Brown. The source says legal documents were filed Friday and that Bobby Brown was served with those documents yesterday. Houston plans to officially file for divorce in October.

Bobby Brown & Whitney Houston got married on July 18th 1992. They have been married for 14 years.

Well, this ho is making the right decision. In order to kick crack, she needs to kick Bobby. Hopefully, this is the first steps in getting her shit back together.

UPDATE - Whitney's rep confirms she will file for divorce. She said:

"It's a simple legal technicality. It starts out as a legal separation which automatically become a filing for divorce in october. It was her intent to file for divorce."

Whitney Houston Splits From Bobby Brown

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (September 13, 2006) -- Access Hollywood has learned from a source close to Whitney Houston that the star has split from her long-time husband Bobby Brown.

What is now a legal separation is a technicality which, according to Houston's publicist, Nancy Seltzer, automatically will become a divorce filing in October.

The source says legal documents were filed Friday and that Bobby Brown was served with those documents yesterday.

Bobby Brown & Whitney Houston got married on July 18th 1992. They have been married for 14 years.

They have one daughter, Bobbi Kristina, born March 4, 1993.

In June 2005, Brown launched his own reality series, "Being Bobby Brown," on the Bravo television network.

Whitney Houston made a splash at the Beverly Hilton Hotel last night with a surprise appearance at the "The Society of Singers Presents the 15th Annual Ella Award honoring Johnny Mathis". Flanked by her mentor, Clive Davis, and cousin, Dionne Warwick (who performed at the event), Whitney looked every bit the picture of health and happiness, the likes of which the public hasn't seen from her in quite some time.

The glamorous Whitney was all smiles posing for photographs, laughing arm-in-arm with Davis and Warwick, and appeared reminiscent of years past when she was at the top of her game as one of the leading ladies of the music industry.

Mr. Davis told MTV last week that he and Whitney are at work right now on a comeback album, and they've already chosen six songs for the project. Clive had this to say about what fans can expect: "Whitney is Whitney, and there ain't nobody like her. It'll be Whitney. It won't be somebody reaching for a current trend, that's for sure."

Whitney has been under public scrutiny in recent years due to her declining weight, tumultous marriage to singer Bobby Brown, and her stint in a rehabilitation facility in 2005 (for undisclosed reasons). Her last studio album, "One Wish: The Holiday Album," only reached No. 49 on the Billboard 200 album chart after its November 2003 release, performing far below her previous efforts.

Last night's surprise appearance coupled with Clive Davis' announcement of a new album indicates that the former reigning diva could soon be back where she belongs: on top of her game and on top of the charts.

Access Hollywood will keep you updated with further developments.

I just hope she makes a comeback

here voice used to be something amazing.

As much as it sucks to see a marriage not work out, I think this is for the best. I hope she stays the course on this. I was never a huge fan but it would be great to see her on top again. Especially with froth like Paris Hilton hitting the charts, albeit briefly...:barf:

it's about time!

10338751.jpg
10340493.jpg
10334332.jpg
10334295.jpg
10334340.jpg

:crazy: she sure looks scary in that pic MrBAW!

I was posting pictures from last night, to give her the benefit of not being with B.Brown :der:

Last edited:
All I can say is........

GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD RUBBISH!!!

Whitney Houston has one of the most amazing voices in music and I hope and pray that this will help her get her life in order and her career back on track - music today DESPERATELY needs a female vocalist who actually uses her VOICE to sell records rather than a skimpy pair of underpants.........

+++++

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- The tumultuous marriage of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown -- which withstood drug addiction, Brown's numerous arrests, the decline of Houston's once-sparkling image and domestic abuse allegations -- is coming to an end.

The Grammy-winning, superstar singer filed papers in Orange County Superior Court on Friday requesting a legal separation from her husband of 14 years. The reason given was irreconcilable differences.

"It is a legal separation. It is not a divorce or a divorce petition," Phaedra Parks, an entertainment lawyer in Atlanta who represents Brown, told The Associated Press.

Houston's publicist, Nancy Seltzer, said the singer would have no comment on the action.

Asked about speaking with Brown, Parks said, "Bobby's not speaking with anyone at this time."

Houston and Brown, who had a home in Alpharetta, Georgia, have one child, a 13-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina.

According to the court documents, mother and daughter now reside in Laguna Hills, California.

Houston asked that she be granted custody of the girl and that Brown be allowed visitation rights. She asked that property rights be determined later.

When the couple wed in 1992 the union seemed to outsiders to be a mismatch. Houston -- one of the best-selling singers in history -- was a glamorous, pop superstar with a super-clean, princess-like persona, whereas Brown, who rose to fame as a member of the boy band New Edition before striking out on his own, was a sometimes coarse R&B singer with a more street-wise image.

But as the years wore on, it would become hard to determine which one was more troubled. Brown -- best known for hits like "My Prerogative" and "Every Little Step" -- would be arrested numerous times for drugs and alcohol, and once for hitting his wife, while Houston's own battles with substance abuse sullied her image. (Watch a recap of their tumultous times -- 2:24)

'Crack is wack'
Together, the two were a tabloid editor's dream. When Brown was released from a stretch in jail a few years ago, an ecstatic Houston greeted him by jumping into his arms and throwing her arms and legs around him before a throng of fans and media.

And in a 2002 ABC interview with Diane Sawyer, an erratic-sounding and wan-looking Houston, with a profusely sweating Brown by her side, admitted dabbling in drugs but denied using crack, then uttered the now famous phrase: "Crack is wack."

Houston checked into a drug rehabilitation program in 2004 and again in 2005, announcing the second time that she was also using prayer to help overcome her drug problems. Brown said at the time he was doing what he could to help her.

"It takes two to make things work, so I have to be there for her just like she was there for me when I went through my rehab stint," he told "Access Hollywood."

The couple did separate for a time a few years ago, but their marriage endured, despite rumors and speculation. Their life was put on display last year with Brown's reality series, "Being Bobby Brown" on Bravo. The show actually made Brown look like a stable influence, while a jittery Houston was on display; the couple often crudely talked about their marriage and love life.

But earlier this year, the speculation of a possible split intensified. Brown's sister made headlines when she alleged in a National Enquirer interview that Houston was addicted to crack. She also supplied photos of what she said was Houston's bathroom, littered with garbage and evidence of drug use.

Recently, Houston has made attempts to clean up her public image. On Tuesday night, she attended a public event with cousin Dionne Warwick and mogul and mentor Clive Davis in Beverly Hills. And she is working on an album of new material; she hasn't released a record since 2002.

Houston, 43, won multiple Grammys in the 1980s and 1990s, including two for the megahit "I Will Always Love You," from the 1992 film "The Bodyguard," in which she also starred opposite Kevin Costner.

"I Will Always Love You," won Grammys for record of the year and best female pop vocal, and "The Bodyguard" soundtrack won album of the year.

Houston also won Grammys in 1985 and 1987 for best female pop vocal for "Saving All my Love for You" and "I Want to Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)." She won a Grammy for best female R&B vocal in 1999 for "It's Not Right But It's Okay."

Her musician husband recently reunited with New Edition for a show at July's Essence Musical Festival. The show got mixed reviews from the audience when Brown jumped suggestively around the stage and made vulgar remarks about his sex life with Houston.

I'm going to cry a river for Bobby Brown. :rolleyes:

I have a feeling they will get back together for some reason. :down:

Bobby Brown: 'I'm Saddened' by Divorce

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 19, 2006 03:50PM EST

By Tiffany McGee

Houston and Brown Photo by: Gregg DeGuire / WireImageBobby: 'Saddened' by Divorce | Whitney Houston
Commenting for the first time about his split from Whitney Houston, Bobby Brown tells PEOPLE, "I'm really saddened by the whole situation."

Brown spoke to PEOPLE on his cell phone from Boston, where he'd flown in from Los Angeles to celebrate the 17th birthday of his eldest daughter, Laprincia (with ex-girlfriend Kim Ward).

He also caught a Mike Epps show with a group of pals at Boston's Comedy Connection on Sunday night. A source tells PEOPLE that Brown seemed to be in good spirits, mingling with the crowd of 500 and taking a picture with Epps after the show.

Houston, 43, filed for legal separation from Brown, 39, on Sept. 8. However, her rep, Nancy Seltzer, told PEOPLE, "We're saying she filed for divorce because that is her intent."

Houston and Brown were married for 14 years and have one daughter, Bobbi Kristina, 13. Divorce proceedings are expected to begin next month.

In her filing, Houston reportedly asked that she get custody of Bobbi Kristina and that Brown be allowed visitation rights.

Whitney Houston fans rejoiced when they heard that the singer was finally divorcing her bad-boy hubby, Bobby Brown. But now comes word that the legal action may actually have been a last-ditch effort to keep her man.

Earlier this month, Houston filed papers for a legal separation from her husband of 14 years after she found out that he had been having a “steamy affair” with “hip-hop video vixen” Karrine Steffans, according to the upcoming Star, which reports that Brown had even moved in with his mistress.

Friends, including producer Clive Davis and Houston's cousin, Dionne Warwick, staged an “intervention” and convinced Houston that she had to leave Brown, who was making a fool of her with the affair. Houston filed the papers mostly to get her friends off her back and to get Brown’s attention, but her plans reportedly backfired.
Story continues below ↓ advertisement

“Bobby told Whitney during an emotional scene in which the tearful diva was pulling on his arm and begging him to stay with her, that this time, the marriage was over for good,” according to the Star.

Brown returned to Steffans’ arms, and Houston began plotting how to get how to get him back.

“Whitney has had an irrational commitment to Bobby that borders on obsessive,” a source “close to the couple” told the tab. “They are so intertwined and co-dependent that Whitney has convinced herself that she can’t survive without him.”

The tab reports, however, that Houston has kicked her drug habit and has been taking voice lessons, and friends are hopeful that she’ll be able to kick her Brown habit as well.

Back
Top Bottom