White Stripes sell-out, write music for Coca-Cola ad.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
White Stripes singer Jack White has finally confirmed he's done a coke ad - and said he's done it to get a message of love out to the world.

:lmao:

Yeah right...

Jack fancies the Coke cans, what with the same color scheme and all. Pepsi didn't stand a chance.

BASTARD!!!

:wink:

eh. I don't really care either way.

But Jack White has always given me the creeps. :shrug:

Jack White could stop and start selling Crest toothepaste in the middle of his shows, and he'd still be the most badass rocker on the planet. :wink:

Lancemc said:
Jack White could stop and start selling Crest toothepaste in the middle of his shows, and he'd still be the most badass rocker on the planet. :wink:

not really sure I want a rocker with a bad ass... :yuck:

Heh. It was only a matter of time.

White's voice is hilarious - he just doesn't know it. He sounds like Bob Goldthwait from Police Academy 2.

I like some of their tunes, and have no problem with artists getting paid.

It's not 1985 anymore.

But the indie purist who loves the band must be in hell right now.

That makes me happy.

We'll be seeing lots of White Stripes CD's in the used bin.

MrBrau1 said:

It's not 1985 anymore.

That makes me happy.

You know, viewing yourself above the indie subculture is in a roundabout way no different from being within the indie subculture and viewing yourself above everyone else.

yertle-the-turtle said:

You know, viewing yourself above the indie subculture is in a roundabout way no different from being within the indie subculture and viewing yourself above everyone else.

Nope.

MrBrau1 said:

It's not 1985 anymore.

That makes me happy.

Wait there are indie purist who still love the band? I thought they all discarded them after Fell in Love With a Girl was played on MTV and became a big hit or after Seven Nation Army? I think the "indie purist" who still likes the White Stripes is not an indie purist. This whole idea of an indie purist is much like the idea of indie. Impossible to define and probably doesn't exist in the manner many think.

TheRooster said:

Wait there are indie purist who still love the band? I thought they all discarded them after Fell in Love With a Girl was played on MTV and became a big hit or after Seven Nation Army? I think the "indie purist" who still likes the White Stripes is not an indie purist. This whole idea of an indie purist is much like the idea of indie. Impossible to define and probably doesn't exist in the manner many think.

Ah! The twist!

yertle-the-turtle said:

Agreed. MrBrau1 is every bit as much the snob as the people he despises. :ohmy:

POP-ROMANCER said:
White Stripes singer Jack White has finally confirmed he's done a coke ad - and said he's done it to get a message of love out to the world.

:lmao:

Yeah right...

Generally, I don't have a problem with an artist "selling out". But...if you're gonna do something that's gonna get you the label of being a sellout...don't give us some hokey reason. At least when Ryan Adams did the Gap ad, he said straight up that he did it because Willie Nelson asked him to...and because of the $30,000.

Bonochick said:

Generally, I don't have a problem with an artist "selling out". But...if you're gonna do something that's gonna get you the label of being a sellout...don't give us some hokey reason. At least when Ryan Adams did the Gap ad, he said straight up that he did it because Willie Nelson asked him to...and because of the $30,000.

That's exactly the way I feel about the situation, too. I don't have a problem with it, but to the people that do, don't justify your actions with some lame reasoning... and that's cool about Ryan Adams. I didn't know that. Mucho respect for just telling it like it is :up:

indra said:

Agreed. MrBrau1 is every bit as much the snob as the people he despises. :ohmy:

So hating music snobs, means you are a music snob?

I hate neo Nazis as well. Does that mean I am one?

MrBrau1 said:

So hating music snobs, means you are a music snob?

I hate neo Nazis as well. Does that mean I am one?

That's an irrelevant example to bring up.

Thinking your taste better than someone else's = music snob.

You can't apply that to neo-Nazism.

I think it's worth being a music snob if it means having better taste then everyone else. :yes:

Yep, definitely worth it.

(not sarcasm)

Back
Top Bottom