White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
I'm just letting everyone know there's a torrent out for this. I guess it just leaked today. I'm downloading right now and I'll put my impressions later.

do you have the link?

I just saw them last wednesday in Monterrey and I was really impressed with the concert

Underwhelmed so far. About halfway through. It reminds me a bit of Eels' Electro Shock Blues, for some reason. :huh: Nothing against that album, though.

Last edited:
I'm just a casual fan, don't own their albums, but after seeing them in concert I got hooked up, Lonely and The Nurse are definetly the standout tracks to me live they are great, I'll listen to it all later

thanks for the link!

yertle-the-turtle said:
I've heard 'Blue Orchid' and it hasn't left much of an impression.

I was the same at first, actually I could honestly say that I disliked it. A few weeks later I suddenly got addicted to it though, now I like it. It's no '7 Nation Army' for a first single, but it's not bad.

Here's a link to where you can listen (stream) to it via a radio blog.
I like a few tracks, much better than Blue Orchid.

h**p://scenestars.net/2005/05/stream-new-white-stripes-album-get.php

1stepcloser said:
Blue Orchid is a great tune. great riff as well.

Blue Orchid isn't even a tune. It's more like some instrumental piece. A riff just hanging around acting cool. Not good enough for supposedly the best guitarist of his generation.

Now that I've listened to the album several times, I can definitely say I'm disappointed. The first half is pretty dull and unimaginative, but the second half is better. It's like melancholy, sinister country, which isn't a bad thing. My favourite tracks are Take Take Take, Little Ghost, The Denial Twist, and Instinct Blues.

As I expected, I'm apparently one of the very few who absolutely loves Blue Orchid -- mainly because it reminds me of one of my very very favourite albums, Midnite Vultures, by Beck. Which was very poorly received. The rest of the album isn't like Blue Orchid at all, so if you hate that song, don't expect to hate the rest.

kakvox said:
Here's a link to where you can listen (stream) to it via a radio blog.
I like a few tracks, much better than Blue Orchid.

h**p://scenestars.net/2005/05/stream-new-white-stripes-album-get.php

Thank's for the link! :bow:

I have to say, although 'Instinct Blues' is quite a good song, the rest of the album really does disappoint me at the moment, it's far too county-ish.

I've only casually listened to it a few times and so far I am pretty middle-ground. IT will probably grow on me as time goes by, but I really wish that they wouyld have made a few tracks a bit more "Elephant-esque". But it is still very good work for a two-week writing and recording period

martha said:
Did Loretta Lynn influence Jack?

I think so.

Berto - A two week writing period is no excuse if the material is poor. The recording time shouldn't matter at all.

The writing material isn't all that bad. But like I said I have to listen to it a few more timmes to put an honest judgement.

Back
Top Bottom