White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought it yesterday... I'm really glad with it, love the arrangements, because they are just a few but precise

great album, I liked it at first listen

VertigoGal said:
Would you reccomend this for someone who hates the Blue Orchid song? :wink:

The rest of the album sounds nothing like Blue Orchid. In fact, only two other songs are driven by electric guitar. It is also the only song where he stays in a strange falsetto all the way through.

BTW, I love Blue Orchid.:mad:

what first album are you talking about? I mean... the first album for evryone was "White Blood Cells" but they have 2 more albums before, "The White Stripes" and "De Stijl"

This is definately an either " I love it" or " I hate it" kind of album.

Jack seems so serious. It's not a sing-a long. I am going to give it another listen or two. I do like it better than the new Coldplay.

~LadyLemon~ said:
Not a singalong? How can you not singalong to My Doorbell?

...or Little Ghost?

And, Take Take Take is unbelievably catchy. "And that was all that I needed!"

Someone with "in my place" in their username likes it more than X&Y (at least as of this moment).

Listen to it. Love it. Take it out for a nice seafood dinner, walk it to the door, and give it a kiss on the cheek.

It's changed the way I look at doorbells, much like "Lemon" changed my perception of the little yellow citrus treats. I can't ring someone's doorbell without thinking (or singing) "when ya gonna ring it, when ya gonna ring it."

oMg teh Wh1t3 StR1p3S r0X0rz!!!11!!!!1!!1!1

Last edited:
Lucky. So far they haven't announced a date for Texas. I saw them last time they came around though and they were incredible.

I finally listened to it and whew, it's not a letdown. I love the Stripes but thought they were running out of steam with their sound on the much-praised Elephant, and the first song didn't impress me one bit. But the album is really great, and even "Blue Orchid" grew on me with time.

I have been listening to this album all day in my car. I love it! It took a couple of listens for me to sink in. (I know, sometimes I'm a bit slow) But I love it. When I said earlier, that it wasn't a sing -a-long, I comepletely take that back. I have been singing along all day to it and I can't believe I ever said that about such an incredible album!
Jack is so creative. He is awsome!

i was never a huge stripes fan, but i'm really digging the new stuff.

bsp77 said:

...or Little Ghost?

And, Take Take Take is unbelievably catchy. "And that was all that I needed!"

Oh definately. Take, Take, Take is my favorite track off the album.

~LadyLemon~ said:

Oh definately. Take, Take, Take is my favorite track off the album.

I just can't get over the way the vocals change channels like they do. I think it's ridiculously awesome.

The White Stripes have always been one of my very favorite bands and this record just solidifies their gloriousness.

Back
Top Bottom