White Stripes finish recording on new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't believe they recorded the whole thing in 2 weeks! Talk about quick! I'm guessing they had the material already written, and just used the sessions for recording. Either way, it's impressive.

u2popmofo said:
I can't believe they recorded the whole thing in 2 weeks! Talk about quick! I'm guessing they had the material already written, and just used the sessions for recording. Either way, it's impressive.

U2 should take notice. How about they hire Jack as producer?

Don't miss them when they go out on tour. I saw them right after Elephant was released and they brought the house down.

Here's an update for you all:

http://pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-04/07.shtml

White Stripes Prepare Single for Release

Rob Kleckner reports:
XL Recordings is proud to announce...oh wait, nevermind. That's essentially what happened on Tuesday night when XL, the White Stripes' UK label, posted a story about the group's upcoming single, only to take it down by morning. Fortunately, what happens on the internet, stays on the internet. XL said the single will be called "Blue Orchid" and is currently scheduled for a late April release. This track will indeed be the first single off of the upcoming White Stripes album, but further details on both the album and the single have yet to be released. What we do know is that the album is finished, and was recorded at Jack White's home in Detroit.

The hype machine is ready and rolling-- slowly but surely, the band have released details about the recording process, the album, tour dates, and now the single. Also, a new image of the group was released, perhaps the cover of the album or the single. It features Jack and Meg lookalikes (and, if you'll look closely, they don't look much alike) in front of a red curtain, standing back to back under a microphone.

x-news-stripes.jpg

I'm looking forward to it. :D

Last edited:
I got an MP3 of "Blue Orchid" today...definitely different. I think I'm getting addicted though. :up:

Scratch that, I just got my copy.

Gorman, you've got mail.

Last edited:
They premiered Blue Orchid on NY's 92.3 K-Rock today. It rocks and sounds great. But I thought the vocals were a little weird compared to their usual stuff.

I don't have the mp3 but I've heard it 73562374532746374632 times on K-Rock. They seem to love it but I don't... really like it much. Sure, there are some cool guitars and drums but it's the same vocals over and over again. :slant:

Back
Top Bottom