White Stripes DVD- Jack White is a bad, bad man

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I know they're not too popular around here these days, but ohhhhh well. I just picked up the White Stipes live DVD, Under Blackpool lights. That man can play one meeeeeean blues guitar. The "I Think I Smell A Rat" medley is just astonishing. I do get a bit annoyed when his screaming becomes uberdistorted, but it gets better as the show goes on. Don't buy this if you expect really superb image quality; think the camera quality of Pearl Jam's "Touring Band 2000" with more angles. But yes, good DVD. I enjoy much.

Also, Meg White is just hot. Hot hot hot.

Also, great to have an official release with a live "Jolene." Wish they'd do an official collection of their vinyl singles and b-sides. :(

I'm a huge White Stripes fan - and plan on picking this DVD up first thing 2maro. Thanks for the notes!! Anymore tidbits you want to share? :combust:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm almost 99.999% sure I'm getting this for Christmas. :hyper:

You should come over here and watch it first... you were so good about waiting for U2... this won't hurt... :sexywink: :macdevil:

HelloAngel said:
I'm a huge White Stripes fan - and plan on picking this DVD up first thing 2maro. Thanks for the notes!! Anymore tidbits you want to share? :combust:

I could share the tracklisting... or hmm... describe the performance of Ball and Biscuit since you lady-types seem somewhat... um... favorable towards this song. Or I could just tease you by telling you that even as a heterosexual guy, I find it sort of :drool:

UnforgettableLemon said:

or hmm... describe the performance of Ball and Biscuit since you lady-types seem somewhat... um... favorable towards this song.

:ohmy:

Yes please :shifty:

faces down, playing main riff.
Hair in face while sing.
Emphasis on "fact"

softly singing the refrain... getting louder on second time... screaming by end

first guitar solo... lots of one handed rocking out goodness
now he's sort of stumbling arond and side-shuffling

back to the calm and quiet delivery
'My strength is ten-fold woman" then wipes hair out of face (you'll probably love this)

(sorry, I missed this part, I was watching Meg's um... drumsticks)

second solo- more intense than first, hunching over guitar intently

second solo still going strong (Along with Meg's.... drumsticks)

Now he's dancing... sort of... like a primitive Edge "Mysterious Ways" shimmy

Slowing to a halt... all hail the incredible segue into "Let's Shake Hands"

I really don't know how to sexualize a guy playing guitar, so I'm not sure it was tease-y enough for you

UnforgettableLemon said:

Because they're "trendy"

That's bullshit--they're a hell of a band. And Jack is THE man. I'm getting this for Christmas from a friend.

P.S. The main reason Jack White is a bad, bad man is that he goes commando under those tight pants he wears.

:sexywink:

I tried not looking at his pants. but now I can't stop. Damn you. maybe that would have helped me describe Ball and Biscuit.

~LadyLemon~ said:

P.S. The main reason Jack White is a bad, bad man is that he goes commando under those tight pants he wears.

I wouldn't know about anything like that...I don't look at those types of things :angel: :shifty:

:macdevil:

UnforgettableLemon said:
I tried not looking at his pants. but now I can't stop. Damn you. maybe that would have helped me describe Ball and Biscuit.

Sheesh, I can't help but notice! I saw them 4 times last year, and each show I was able to be closer to the stage than I was at the previous show. The last time I saw them, in St. Louis, I was in the front row directly in front of Jack. Quite fun, but I also feel a bit intimidated when I'm that close during a show.

P.S. Jason, in case you haven't noticed (and because I'm bad and want to sear this into your brain), Jack veers toward the left.

:macdevil:

Last edited:
Do I have to move this to PLEBA? :angry:

Damn you all for making me have dirty thoughts about Jack White. AGAIN.

I'm leaving now.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
This entire thread is making me want to grab the nearest guy and :censored: him crazy. :angel: :combust:

OK here's what you want to do.

Go to a poolhall downtown or to an indie record store in Hamtrmck (sp?) and look for a tall somewhat buff guy with shoulder length black hair who might be sporting some newly acquired holiday weight and a silly-looking moustache.

Tap him on the shoulder and then once you have confirmed he is indeed JW, :combust: immediately put both hands on his shoulders and jump.

You're closer in proximity, girl. You have no excuses. ;)

Back
Top Bottom