White Stripes DVD- Jack White is a bad, bad man

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HelloAngel said:

OK here's what you want to do.

Go to a poolhall downtown or to an indie record store in Hamtrmck (sp?) and look for a tall somewhat buff guy with shoulder length black hair who might be sporting some newly acquired holiday weight and a silly-looking moustache.

Tap him on the shoulder and then once you have confirmed he is indeed JW, :combust: immediately put both hands on his shoulders and jump.

You're closer in proximity, girl. You have no excuses. ;)

Oh, hell... I'm taking the rest of the day off.

Ciao!

"Oh, Mr. White...." :flirt:

OK just finished watching this DVD.... WOW. Just... WOW. Anyone who doubts Jack's guitar talent should seriously invest their time watching this DVD. He. Is. Amazing. :combust:

I think Meg is hot :up:

But Jack is :combust:

Plus I've got that whole hetero thing going for me too :wink:

Sorry, I keep turning this into a pleba thread.

This thread was awesome until we started talking about Jack White's poolhall downtown.

Just saw the DVD...I see what you guys mean. I think they are both very sexy. Meg has a style of drumming with her bare feet..and Jack...let's just not go there.

I love the White stripes. I did not know that it recieved so much criticism on this board. I would not say they are my absolute favorite but I do like their raw style. At times Jack really sounds like Led Zepplin.

UnforgettableLemon said:
faces down, playing main riff.
Hair in face while sing.
Emphasis on "fact"

softly singing the refrain... getting louder on second time... screaming by end

first guitar solo... lots of one handed rocking out goodness
now he's sort of stumbling arond and side-shuffling

back to the calm and quiet delivery
'My strength is ten-fold woman" then wipes hair out of face (you'll probably love this)

(sorry, I missed this part, I was watching Meg's um... drumsticks)

second solo- more intense than first, hunching over guitar intently

second solo still going strong (Along with Meg's.... drumsticks)

Now he's dancing... sort of... like a primitive Edge "Mysterious Ways" shimmy

Slowing to a halt... all hail the incredible segue into "Let's Shake Hands"

I really don't know how to sexualize a guy playing guitar, so I'm not sure it was tease-y enough for you

:drool:

I just *love* him! I think they are amazing live.

Thanks for the description I really needed that...I think I need to be alone now...damnit! Why must I be at work, surrounded by people! :combust:

I need a cigarette (and I don't even smoke).

Well, I got this DVD for myself for Christmas since no one bought it for me. ;)

I must say it was one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen. I love the White Stripes and have never seen them live, so I was really excited when the DVD came in the mail.

The music itself was absolutely great, but someone (UnforgettableLemon I think) mentioned that the image quality was not great, and he's right. Slane this is not. Also, Jack didn't interact with the crowd much--and he should have, because he's very gracious and funny when he does! He still calls Meg his sister, which is absolutely hilarious.

Watching Meg, incidentally, was even more fun in a way than watching Jack, because her style of drumming is so odd, and yet her facial expression hardly ever changes. I must say, I completely get why so many guys find her so hot now--she's strangely compelling. I guess she really is the female version of Jack.

And is it just me, or is there serious sexual tension between Meg and Jack? I'm just glad I know they're not really brother and sister. :ohmy:

paxetaurora said:
And is it just me, or is there serious sexual tension between Meg and Jack? I'm just glad I know they're not really brother and sister. :ohmy:

That's one of my issues with the DVD as well - the picture is too grainy to watch it on a regular basis (which I had been looking forward to doing.)

And it's not just you - that's one of the great things about watching the White Stripes. Their sexual tension can melt walls as far as I'm concerned. I love that they don't use a setlist - they just look at each other for a segue. :combust:

Back
Top Bottom