Whip Ma Whop Ma Gate, York Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn well hoping so. I propose we get onto it ASAP, get the mp3, give it a good few listens, then post an objective review of it in EYKIW post-haste before EYKIW gets flooded with "OMGG BEST SONG EVAAAAA :hyper: 30 GRAMMIES" and "more music for bland aging housewives, u2 suk".

If we give it a good few listens, we'll be so far behind the "OMG U2 HAV DUN IT AGEN :drool: :drool:" posts made by people on the basis of the first 10 seconds (which are a subdued fade-in).

So the axe finally dropped, no more free internet access at work. :sad: Any surreptitious access is before work, after work or at lunch only.

AND my supervisor came to my desk today and asked what this "U2 forum" is I keep accessing... :scream:

Get a better job. Say, one working from home.

Cheers, but no. I enjoy not being a social recluse. Plus we get donuts.

Mmmmm... donut...

homer_simpson_2006.png

We're going to be copy-and-pasting our reviews so many times.

Well, I think we need to prove that someone on Interference is capable of being sensible. That someone being one of us or someone like BVS, Utoo or one of the Musketeers (pfan, LeMel or LMP).

You can just now shut up. ARBTTH is fucking brilliant. And a damn sight better than a fair bit of ATYCLB

If you said that in EYKIW right now, especially in the Survivor thread, a massive flame war would break out. And you'd probably be called ignorant or a critic or not a fan. :lol:

Cricinfo - Australia, SA and NZ plan tri-nation Twenty20 league

This would be good news if it were ODIs, not Twenty20s.

At least Twenty20 has retained its air of playfulness, in that commentators can talk to players, etc.

It still doesn't deserve to be a valid international form of the game beyond the occasional fun hit, although I guess because most people these days have an attention span of about 5 minutes, it suits them...

Even you have got to admit, better any interest in any form of cricket than none at all. And clearly Twenty20 is where the money is.

If you said that in EYKIW right now, especially in the Survivor thread, a massive flame war would break out. And you'd probably be called ignorant or a critic or not a fan. :lol:
I did see some "not a fan" discussion there :lol: I think people should just take a chill pill. That and go into a coma for the next 10 years maybe....

At least Twenty20 has retained its air of playfulness, in that commentators can talk to players, etc.

It still doesn't deserve to be a valid international form of the game beyond the occasional fun hit, although I guess because most people these days have an attention span of about 5 minutes, it suits them...

Even you have got to admit, better any interest in any form of cricket than none at all. And clearly Twenty20 is where the money is.

Yeah, I don't disagree with any of that. And I suppose it'll be fun. But at what cost? I enjoy the skill and tactics required in the two longer forms of the game. Twenty20 is just muscle over brains, and if I want that, I'll watch some form of rugby.

Yeah, I don't disagree with any of that. And I suppose it'll be fun. But at what cost? I enjoy the skill and tactics required in the two longer forms of the game. Twenty20 is just muscle over brains, and if I want that, I'll watch some form of rugby.

Looking at it optimistically, the more skilled players will stick to Tests, the more brawny players will play Twenty20 and both will play ODIs, which could be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom