Whip Ma Whop Ma Gate, York Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me neither, I'm busy working to get money for a trip at the end of the year. Then I'll go to uni...maybe do Ancient History, or acting, or something. :shrug:

I stumbled upon Astronomy as an interest and I just fell in love with it. Michio Kaku and Alex Fillippenko and Neil DeGrasse Tyson are my favourite astronomers. I'd be as excited, maybe more, about meeting them than anyone. I have an hour-long lecture of Dr Fillippenko's on my iPod. Plus UC-Berkeley podcasts of Alex's book...

I'm a total nerd.

Well, knowing what you want to do is a huge piece of the puzzle.

And speaking of the East Bay, I remember one particular party in Walnut Creek..................... :drunk:

:wink:
:lol: I've heard it can get pretty wild in Pinole, too.

I could never go just for a vacation. I'd never want to come back.

I stumbled upon Astronomy as an interest and I just fell in love with it. Michio Kaku and Alex Fillippenko and Neil DeGrasse Tyson are my favourite astronomers. I'd be as excited, maybe more, about meeting them than anyone. I have an hour-long lecture of Dr Fillippenko's on my iPod. Plus UC-Berkeley podcasts of Alex's book...

I'm a total nerd.

It's an area I know NOTHING about, yet would like to know more.

It's an area I know NOTHING about, yet would like to know more.

I've subscribed to Astronomy magazine, ffs. And I never miss an episode of "The Universe" on the History Channel. TiVo, ftw.

It's relatively simple to start, but once you get into it, you realise what a big field it is. Abotu 13.7 billion light-years, to be exact, :lol:

...I'm the only one that gets that, huh?

Well guys. As much as I like being here, I gotta go to sleep. Have to be up at 5 AM for work.

I like the way the superthreaders take care of each other. Keep it up, you're all lucky to have each other as sounding boards.

C-ya soon :wave:

DSOTM is trippy enough for me without LSD.

And The Wall is an insomnia cure, for me.

I've subscribed to Astronomy magazine, ffs. And I never miss an episode of "The Universe" on the History Channel. TiVo, ftw.

It's relatively simple to start, but once you get into it, you realise what a big field it is. Abotu 13.7 billion light-years, to be exact, :lol:

...I'm the only one that gets that, huh?

No, I got that one. Despite being a history nerd, I have some working knowledge of physics and science. I'm always the one correcting people about how light years is a unit of distance. :D

Bye, hardy! :wave:

Have a good one and don't stay away too long.

DSOTM is trippy enough for me without LSD.

And The Wall is an insomnia cure, for me.

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend hallucinogens in these paranoid times. Too much can go wrong.

And the Wall is pretty much the same for me now. Though I did see that show also :drool: Much better live :up:

Bye

About half of The Wall is really good.

The problem is that half of it is spread out over two discs without any cohesion. :(

A good portion of it is pure WTFery. But I enjoy most of it. When Waters got too literal with the theme, it got weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom