Which WTC Design Proposal Do You Like Best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which WTC Proposal?

• THINK (the first picture)

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Studio Libeskind (the second picture)

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
meegannie said:

Ouizy for Dick Cheney.

Ouizy, what's your favourite building in the world?

:lol:

yeah ouizy, what do you think of the eiffel tower in compare to la defense? and how do you like the architecture in venice? and which is your favourite airport? my favourite airport is singapore.

Ouizy, what's your favourite building in the world?

That is a really tough question...

Quickly here are some, though - that I really like - all for different reasons:

Grande Arche de la Defense (Paris)

archegros.jpg

Guggenheim Museum (Bilbao)

a06_jpg.jpg

LVMH Tower (New York)

lvitton.jpg

Rose Center for Space (New York)

9501.jpg

House In Rotterdam (Rotterdam)

Villa%20dall%20Ava_praes.jpg

And of course my building,
Lester B Pearson International Airport (Toronto)

pearson_terminal_dev_b.jpg

Last edited:
ohhh...ouizy the smart design guy. I do agree with you about the designs. It's like voting for president -- choose the least worst not the best. [btw what was your co's design?]

lower manhattan has a much more modern feel than the rest of Manhattan but you have to do it right. the best known skyscrapers in the city now are two beautiful art deco buildings. why mess up those buildings in the skyline with crap?

Ouizy, I think you're right. I scoffed at Bloomberg making West St. the new Champs Elyesse but it would bring more people there. Give people a reason to stay down there.

As for the final memorial, I think they're doing another design contest for that and screwing the present architect designs.

Oh and I don't like the THINK design because it took my old office building out of their picture. creeps.

Thoughts on THINK.

Is the design a response to 911.

1. We will build it taller.
2. We will build it open frame, if you crash a plane into it, there are no floors to collapse on top of each other.

I very hesitently added Ghery to my collection because all his works look relatively the same. They are more sculpture than architecture in my mind.

<<my firm is SOM - the team that dropped out, I was so proud...>>

It's kind of lame to build something that big with no office space :confused: It would look more like modern art, or even junk. I don't like any of them proposals as much as just rebuilding them just like they were. That would also send a message to the terrorists that they can't beat us.

Blech...I wouldn't want them to rebuild them as they were. They really were tall, ugly buildings when it came down to it.

Also, with THINK, the office space is around those two tower frames. No one wants to work in tall buildings anymore.

Melon

ouizy, do you know if the LBP airport will be finished with its reconstruction in this century? :p

What a freaking mess it is to drive around there.

ANITRAM if you think that is bad, you do not know what bad is.

LBPIA under constructrion has better roads than any of the NYC airports NOT under construction.

Main building opens in October '03 then the remaining gates open through 2006

melon said:
Blech...I wouldn't want them to rebuild them as they were. They really were tall, ugly buildings when it came down to it.

Also, with THINK, the office space is around those two tower frames. No one wants to work in tall buildings anymore.

:yes:

I like pretty buildings. My office building is weird. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom