Which would you choose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl02

Refugee
Okay, this may seem like an obvious choice, but I want some other opinions.

For the past 4 years, I've worked at a day camp in my town every weekday morning, 9-12, for 5 weeks in the summer. Each year, the kids have been behaving worse, and more kids are added to the list each year (First year I was there, we had about 20 kids a day - this year was close to 60). Also, my boss has gotten meaner and meaner each year.

The good things about this job... I'm guaranteed the job every year, I'm guaranteed a raise every year, I like my co-workers, it's a change from my other job (in retail), and I'm outside getting exercize and a tan.

Ok, so here's the other choice. A friend of mine told me today that he quit his job at our store to work at a sporting goods store in the next town over. They're hiring, and the manager is a friend of mine who I worked for last year. The starting pay for cashiers is $9/hour (compared to the probable less-than-$8/hour I'd make at the camp), the hours are flexible, and two other friends of mine are working there.

So the question is... would you stay at the camp, or would you choose the sporting goods store? :hmm:

The sporting goods store.

More money and escaping from the mean boss.

Thanks for the input, guys! :D I was leaning towards the sporting goods store, but I think now it's a definite thing :up:

Angela- I've been hoping the job would improve for a few years now, haha. It was great the first year, but it keeps going downhill. :slant:

I hope as the number of kids have increased at the camp so have the number of staff to supervise them. I know our Preschool has a definite staff per student ratio. And also the space and equipment has increased too? Or is the boss that mean? Or should I say ex-boss? I figure the kids maybe are like chickens...if you don't give them adequate room, they bicker.
I would go and work in the sports store...you never know who may wander in, athletic types?:sexywink:
although you probably still will encounter some naughty kids...."waaaaaaaa Mum..I want the $200 boots, I can't be seen in the $150 boots waaaaaaaaaaa!!" You get that...I'll pray for athletic types, with nice personalities to visit your store.Good luck.
You can work on your tan at your leisure hopefully.

Sporting goods. The thought of that many children terrifies me.

Back
Top Bottom