Which REM album should I get next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like R.E.M.'s older material a lot, but anything 1987-2001 is more game for me.

Document
Green
Out of Time
Automatic
MONSTER! (did not age too well, but still good)
New Adventures (Leave is the best swan song for any band member ever.)
Up (amazing songs on here)
Reveal (solid effort with 2 or 3 R.E.M. classics)

:drool:

Do not, at any point, ignore Reckoning...it has some true classics:

7 Chinese Brothers
Pretty Persuasion
Camera
Don't Go Back To Rockville

:drool:

I take back what I said about Murmur earlier. :shifty: It is so good!!! On my second consecutive listen right now. :drool: It's just hard to understand what the hell Stipe is singing. :lol:

No spoken words said:
The Lifting is a great song, I do not really like the rest. I'm, admittedly, more old school REM.

I LOVE that song! That one and "Imitation of Life" are the only two songs I really like on Reveal. "All the Way to Reno" is okay.

I didn't like Around the Sun until I saw them on that tour, and then it clicked with me. They played "Life and How to Live It" at that show, and I just about died in ecstasy.

That song is reason alone to get Fables, by the way.

New Adventures in Hi-Fi is one of the most epic and breathtaking albums ever made.

How the West Was Won and Where it Got Us

Wake Up Bomb

New Test Leper :drool:

Bittersweet Me :drool:

Undertow :drool:

So Fast, So Numb :drool:

Electrolite :drool::drool:

Leave :drool::drool:

E-Bow (The Letter) :faint::combust:

Zootlesque said:

AC, huh? I went to the MSG show, the day after Bush was re-elected. It was a thursday evening I remember and there was just this air of disappointment lurking over the city and the venue that day, I'm not kidding! Michael started the show by saying "I'm not gonna talk much, we're just gonna play the songs!" :lol:

I was at that show too! They opened (for the first and only time) with It's the End of the World as We Know It. It was an great show, complete with Michael dropping trou at the end and being carried off the stage!

He still had his boxers on...I wonder if I can find a picture (I remember there were some on Murmurs after the show).

Lancemc said:
New Adventures in Hi-Fi is one of the most epic and breathtaking albums ever made.

How the West Was Won and Where it Got Us

Wake Up Bomb

New Test Leper

Bittersweet Me

Undertow

So Fast, So Numb

Electrolite

Leave

E-Bow (The Letter) :faint::combust:

E-Bow The Letter...:drool: :drool: :bonodrum:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Which REM album should I get next?

Zootlesque said:

You're right. Ooh, except I just noticed that the original EP might be available from Amazon.com Market sellers in Used or Like New condition. :drool:
If you find a copy of it on its own, it will be cassette or vinyl. The only time Chronic Town was released on CD was as part of DLO.

Okay, so I bought Fables... but it's on vinyl (got it for just $1.99 :lol: ) and I don't have a record player yet! Can't wait to listen to it!

Ha! Considering you'll spend more money on a turntable, you would have come out more fiscally responsible just buying the CD.

I kid. Sometimes I want a turntable.

corianderstem said:
Ha! Considering you'll spend more money on a turntable, you would have come out more fiscally responsible just buying the CD.

I kid. Sometimes I want a turntable.

Yeah but.. I got other records too! :wink: I've never owned any vinyl of my own and it's been a fascination lately to rediscover music as it was heard before the 80s. Just have to find a good player... I guess, online somewhere!

Re: Re: Re: Which REM album should I get next?

phanan said:

It's not available on its own anymore, but the songs from it are all on the Dead Letter Office compilation.

Carnival Of Sorts is a classic....

I reckon you should go Reveal next....just seems like a good way to go....

Doesn't matter now though, I suppose:wink:

Just get 'em all, REM are a great band

Zootlesque said:
Okay, so I bought Fables... but it's on vinyl (got it for just $1.99 :lol: ) and I don't have a record player yet! Can't wait to listen to it!

Record players are cool. :drool:

I listened to Zeppelin IV on vinyl today. :up:

Get Dead Letter Office next, some great songs there, all the Chronic Town songs are classics

Back
Top Bottom