Which of Dante's circles will you be attending?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unforgettableFOXfire

I serve MacPhisto
Two quizzes for you all today.

1. http://www.madblast.com/view.cfm?type=FunFlash&display=1629 - The Are You Evil? Flash test.

2. http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv - Dante's Inferno test.

My results?

1. Score: 45 - Approaching normal: You arent much fun on a date.

Your fate has been decided....
You are one of the lucky ones! Because of your virtue and beliefs, you have escaped eternal punishment. You are sent to the First Level of Hell - Limbo!
First Level of Hell - Limbo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charon ushers you across the river Acheron, and you find yourself upon the brink of grief's abysmal valley. You are in Limbo, a place of sorrow without torment. You encounter a seven-walled castle, and within those walls you find rolling fresh meadows illuminated by the light of reason, whereabout many shades dwell. These are the virtuous pagans, the great philosophers and authors, unbaptised children, and others unfit to enter the kingdom of heaven. You share company with Caesar, Homer, Virgil, Socrates, and Aristotle. There is no punishment here, and the atmosphere is peaceful, yet sad.

Level Who are sent there? Score
Purgatory Repenting Believers - Low
Level 1 Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers - High
Level 2 Lustful - Moderate
Level 3 Gluttonous - Moderate
Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious - Very Low
Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy - Low
Level 6 The City of Dis Heretics - Low
Level 7 Violent - Moderate
Level 8 the Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers -Moderate
Level 9 Cocytus Treacherous - Low

1. 25 - I barely make the scale :up:

2. Third Level of Hell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the third circle, you find yourself amidst eternal rain, maledict, cold, and heavy. The gluttons are punished here, lying in the filthy mixture of shadows and of putrid water. Because you consumed in excess, you meet your fate beneath the cold, dirty rain, amidst the other souls that there lay unhappily in the stinking mud. Cerebus, a canine monster cruel and uncouth with his three heads and red eyes, dwells in this level. He growls and tears at the damned with his teeth and claws.

1. 84: Normal you use your right hand like everybody else.
2: Level 6:eek:u approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

Explain to me how I barely score in the hell test, but end up in the 8th circle of hell!

Many and varied sinners suffer eternally in the multi-leveled Malebolge, an ampitheatre-shapped pit of despair Wholly of stone and of an iron colour: Those guilty of fraudulence and malice; the seducers and pimps, who are whipped by horned demons; the hypocrites, who struggle to walk in lead-lined cloaks; the barraters, who are ducked in boiling pitch by demons known as the Malebranche. The simonists, wedged into stone holes, and whose feet are licked by flames, kick and writhe desperately. The magicians, diviners, fortune tellers, and panderers are all here, as are the thieves. Some wallow in human excrement. Serpents writhe and wrap around men, sometimes fusing into each other. Bodies are torn apart. When you arrive, you will want to put your hands over your ears because of the lamentations of the sinners here, who are afflicted with scabs like leprosy, and lay sick on the ground, furiously scratching their skin off with their nails. Indeed, justice divine doth smite them with its hammer.

Last edited:
Since I scored a helluva a lot more points than the rest of you, I shall not dart post my results.... :yikes:

Nor shall I tell you on which floor to find me in Hell! I'll be in hiding behind that guy with the three heads..! :no:

:bow: is it to late to start bowing?????????????

1. 28- barely make the scale.

2. 3rd level of hell...
n the third circle, you find yourself amidst eternal rain, maledict, cold, and heavy. The gluttons are punished here, lying in the filthy mixture of shadows and of putrid water. Because you consumed in excess, you meet your fate beneath the cold, dirty rain, amidst the other souls that there lay unhappily in the stinking mud. Cerebus, a canine monster cruel and uncouth with his three heads and red eyes, dwells in this level. He growls and tears at the damned with his teeth and claws
Well, at least I get to dance in the dirty rain... :shifty:

Hell test score: 16

First Level of Hell - Limbo

Charon ushers you across the river Acheron, and you find yourself upon the brink of grief's abysmal valley. You are in Limbo, a place of sorrow without torment. You encounter a seven-walled castle, and within those walls you find rolling fresh meadows illuminated by the light of reason, whereabout many shades dwell. These are the virtuous pagans, the great philosophers and authors, unbaptised children, and others unfit to enter the kingdom of heaven. You share company with Caesar, Homer, Virgil, Socrates, and Aristotle. There is no punishment here, and the atmosphere is peaceful, yet sad.

Going to Hell Test; Score: 11
0-20 A life with Church is too corrupt for you. :angel:

HAHA... Playing devil's advocate on myself on this second test:

Fifth Level of Hell: Wrathful and Gloomy :lol:

The river Styx runs through this level of Hell, and in it are punished the wrathful and the gloomy. The former are forever lashing out at each other in anger, furious and naked, tearing each other piecemeal with their teeth. The latter are gurgling in the black mud, slothful and sullen, withdrawn from the world. Their lamentations bubble to the surface as they try to repeat a doleful hymn, though with unbroken words they cannot say it. Because you lived a cruel, vindictive and hateful life, you meet your fate in the Styx.

Last edited:
Didn't take the first one.

Got level 8 for the second. Oh my.

Hell test score: 3 :ohmy:

Dante test: You are one of the lucky ones! Because of your virtue and beliefs, you have escaped eternal punishment. You are sent to Purgatory!

First Level - Limbo

I probably scored that, due to answering one question regarding science and reason. After all, in the medieval times, science and reason were heresies against "the Truth": whatever the Catholic Church told you to believe.

(I scored moderately in Purgatory, along with the second level. And, for some odd reason, I scored "High" in the violent level, which makes no sense, considering that I never answered anything violently.)

However, it is certainly interesting to see Dante's ranking of sin. Being a traitor is the worst sin of all, while Dante shows a great amount of sympathy for non-Christian Greco-Roman figures by putting them in Limbo for all eternity, as, by the sheer fact that they are unbaptized, they can never progress beyond that, no matter how virtuous they were in his eyes.

Melon

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
first test... 116... above average according to this scale, but according to all of your scores then i'm goin' straight to hell...

second test... 8th level...

i'm going to hell... cool.

Just to make you feel a little cooler....I scored a 120....... :shifty:

1. Score: 19
0-20 A life with Church is too corrupt for you

2. Third Level of Hell

In the third circle, you find yourself amidst eternal rain, maledict, cold, and heavy. The gluttons are punished here, lying in the filthy mixture of shadows and of putrid water. Because you consumed in excess, you meet your fate beneath the cold, dirty rain, amidst the other souls that there lay unhappily in the stinking mud. Cerebus, a canine monster cruel and uncouth with his three heads and red eyes, dwells in this level. He growls and tears at the damned with his teeth and claws

hmm, seems like work and hell are a lot alike :hmm:

The wretched King Minos has decided your fate. His tale wraps around his body 7 times.
The sweet light no longer strikes against your eyes. Your shade has been banished to... the Seventh Level of Hell!
Seventh Level of Hell

Guarded by the Minotaur, who snarls in fury, and encircled within the river Phlegethon, filled with boiling blood, is the Seventh Level of Hell. The violent, the assasins, the tyrants, and the war-mongers lament their pitiless mischiefs in the river, while centaurs armed with bows and arrows shoot those who try to escape their punishment. The stench here is overpowering. This level is also home to the wood of the suicides- stunted and gnarled trees with twisting branches and poisoned fruit. At the time of final judgement, their bodies will hang from their branches. In those branches the Harpies, foul birdlike creatures with human faces, make their nests. Beyond the wood is scorching sand where those who committed violence against God and nature are showered with flakes of fire that rain down against their naked bodies. Blasphemers and sodomites writhe in pain, their tongues more loosed to lamentation, and out of their eyes gushes forth their woe. Usurers, who followed neither nature nor art, also share company in the Seventh Level.

Here is how you matched up against all the levels:
(Click on a level for more info)
Level Who are sent there? Score
Purgatory Repenting Believers Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers Very High
Level 2 Lustful Low
Level 3 Gluttonous Low
Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious Low
Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy Moderate
Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics High
Level 7 Violent Very High
Level 8- the Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers High
Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous Moderate

:ohmy:

On the other, I'm a 51, approaching normal.

1 - 60: Approaching normal: You arent much fun on a date

2 - Second Level of Hell

You have come to a place mute of all light, where the wind bellows as the sea does in a tempest. This is the realm where the lustful spend eternity. Here, sinners are blown around endlessly by the unforgiving winds of unquenchable desire as punishment for their transgressions. The infernal hurricane that never rests hurtles the spirits onward in its rapine, whirling them round, and smiting, it molests them. You have betrayed reason at the behest of your appetite for pleasure, and so here you are doomed to remain. Cleopatra and Helen of Troy are two that share in your fate.

:|

40 ? you barely make our scale

Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis

You approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

So Im a heretic. I actually quite like that.
:|

Back
Top Bottom